Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

The schrondinger game. Incline on one hand, utter degenracy on the other, manages to piss off pretty much everybody, conservatives because of the woke bullshit, some journos for being teh hard to play, corporate shills because they don't like a game that doesn't follow their hollow corporate model to be this successful.

This game is basically in a perpetual state of being both good and terrible at the same time.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The devil boss fight theme song is both funny and good. Had to take a break in the fighting to hear the lyrics.

My favorite piece in the game. Like that character overall. He should have been the main villain.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
The soundtrack is perfectly fine and the main theme is catchy. I just happened to have heard the BG1 and BG2 main theme like 2000 times more. And that's the whole gist of it.

Rhobar121

Scholar
By the way, I wonder how much the new patch will weigh if Sven promised 1k bugs fixed.

Elthosian

Arcane

The schrondinger game. Incline on one hand, utter degenracy on the other, manages to piss off pretty much everybody, conservatives because of the woke bullshit, some journos for being teh hard to play, corporate shills because they don't like a game that doesn't follow their hollow corporate model to be this successful.

This game is basically in a perpetual state of being both good and terrible at the same time.

Thankfully I don't give a shit about the West and its contemporary cultural issues, getting a lot of fun out of this just as I will get it from Colony Ship and whatever woke or non-woke game comes out in the future. My crusade is against the popamole and the graphicswhores alone :shittydog:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
"Normal woman"

Apparently she's the only female romance option that is willing to fuck the bear and literally everything else. Surprisingly, the most "normal" and traditional romance in the long run, is probably the fucking frog bitch.
RPGs are an interactive genre. If you don't like one branch the story can take, why go that way?

Also, you even can play as her and fuck everyone you find.

Herumor

Scholar
Then shit gets interesting but in a bad way. Suddenly, only Illithid can unleash the full power of Netherstones. I wonder if Karsus knew.
You misunderstood that part. It's not that only Illithids can use the Netherstones, it's just that when you're going up against an Elder Brain, only an Illithid can even begin to have hopes of fighting against it - though how that makes sense, especially since 99.9% of Mind Flayers tend to be enthralled by an Elder Brain when in their vicinity, I have no idea.
Failed to dominate the Netherbrain even though I rolled natural 20 on last check(no reloads, 1 inspiration, was willing to spend 2).
Yes, but the difficulty check was 99, so your 20 didn't count for shit.

Elthosian

Arcane
Swen the knight in shiny armor saviour of crpg!
By this point it's pretty obvious that most devs in the capacity to do something like BG3 will try to ride the wave of its work on animations, wacky romances and other stuff. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see Bioware implementing immersive sim level design for their future games.

The best outcome here is BG3 motivating new players to try things like Pathfinder, UnderRail, AOD, but I'd say that for many of these newbies the enjoyment has come from having a lot of freedom PLUS the shiny graphicz and animations to want to, which is kinda sad. And of course, a lot of people jumped into the bandwagon because of the "no DLC, no season pass, feature complete" takes and while these are good for the industry in general it won't necessarily lead to better CRPGs.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Since we're posting BG2 music, my favorite combat track is the dragon fights:

Last edited:

mastroego

Arcane
I wonder why in literally every rpg black is always the most boring character? Is this some kind of requirement?
If you wanted proof that the game is woke, this is it, more than the bear stuff and everything else.
At this point we can all spot the woke blueprint for a black character from a single frame.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Thankfully I don't give a shit about the West and its contemporary cultural issues

That's because you are fucking retard.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Rhobar121

Scholar
Swen the knight in shiny armor saviour of crpg!
By this point it's pretty obvious that most devs in the capacity to do something like BG3 will try to ride the wave of its work on animations, wacky romances and other stuff. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see Bioware implementing immersive sim level design for their future games.

The best outcome here is BG3 motivating new players to try things like Pathfinder, UnderRail, AOD, but I'd say that for many of these newbies the enjoyment has come from having a lot of freedom PLUS the shiny graphicz and animations to want to, which is kinda sad. And of course, a lot of people jumped into the bandwagon because of the "no DLC, no season pass, feature complete" takes and while these are good for the industry in general it won't necessarily lead to better CRPGs.
Who really cares what Bioware copies? Everyone knows that whatever they do will most likely end up in shit.
How long has Dreadwolf been in the making? Will it be 4 or 5 years?
There is still absolutely nothing known about this game. They have shown absolutely nothing to prove that this game exists.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Fun fact: despite the game having a Fly spell it doesn't let you freely fly or simply hover mid air. Instead it serves as glorified jump.
Funny, if BG3 taught me anything, its that jumping is completely OP
Verticality in BG3 suffers from a deficiency of the game engine that limits creatures to standing on surfaces; flight, levitation, misty step, and other abilities serve only to move from one surface to another, akin to jumping (which is, of course, quite useful). Solasta, by contrast, permits actual flight, with creatures/PCs/NPCs altering their distance from the ground below them, and even allows wall-crawling for some creatures (and PCs/NPCs via a particular magic spell).

Despite the massive funding of BG3 relative to Solasta, it seems Larian had worse programmers. :M

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Sometimes reddit provides.

1692308841599.png

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
My favorite piece in the game. Like that character overall. He should have been the main villain.
Raph is too much of a mustache twirler to be a good main villain. He doesn't actually cause the player any obvious harm for most of the game. He's just evil and has selfish ambitions in the long-term.

Zeltak

Educated
Patron
Village Idiot
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I completely agree with whoever that guy was who said the combat in this game is good on an conceptual level but that the challenge just isn't there. I was sleepwalking through the game after lvl 5 with haste + fighter. That was literally my strategy for every encounter. It's strange how much effort they put into making unique encounters but didn't give the encounters a mean to survive past 2 rounds. I'm talking about tactician difficulty here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom