Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
Reminder that all your retarded fav crpgs have most def worse "act 3" than BG3.

Faggots.
Most fo the CRPGs don't have seperate acts and when they do they generally have more than 3.
Typically, the quality of RPGs drops dramatically around halfway through the game. It's hard for me to remember a game where this wasn't true. For example, in Kingsmaker, everything after Varnhold was shit.
The Witcher

Hagashager

Educated
Zoomer Humor really took a nose dive once AI and scene imposing became a thing. I actually started getting on board with some Zoomer memes, but this derivative dribble where scenes from other media are super-imposed on each other is just trash, actual, thoughtless, low-intelligence trash. Stupid people make these memes for the consumption of stupid people.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Reached act 3. Still in lower city. IS notorious the fall of quality. Act 2 was great(too epic for low mid level adventure, killing a avatar of a Myrkul at lv 8 was a bit ridiculous. I'm with 2 flying ghouls walking around lower cities and no one cares. Before, people reacted to my undead.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Reached act 3. Still in lower city. IS notorious the fall of quality. Act 2 was great(too epic for low mid level adventure, killing a avatar of a Myrkul at lv 8 was a bit ridiculous. I'm with 2 flying ghouls walking around lower cities and no one cares. Before, people reacted to my undead.
They didn't change it in the patch? From what I remember, NPCs were only supposed to react to Slayer. This most likely resulted in breaking a large number of scripts in the game (it happened to me probably twice in Act 1).

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Honestly, the game variations of spells are much stronger than P&P conterparts. The game become too easy with tier 5 spells. In particular Summon Elemental. In P&P, it requires concentration and if someone breaks your concentration, you will have a hostile powerful elemental with 100+hp hostile towards you. It is how is implemented in Solasta.

Necromancy conjuration is also much more powerful. For example, Create Undead, a 6th tier spell in P&P create ghouls. To be able to create ghouls in P&P, is necessary to cast it as a 9th tier spell ( spell using a 9th-level spell slot, you can animate or (...) or two mummies : https://www.dndbeyond.com/spells/create-undead ), in game, with create undead, you can create mummies at lv 11 A 6th tier spell in game equivalent to a 9th tier in p&p. I'm not lv 11, so IDK how good they are. And with a 3rd tier spell(Animate Dead), heightened to 5th tier, is possible to create flying ghouls. They can travel very fast(fly) and their claws paralyzes the enemy. A 5th tier spell in BG3 can produce a better undead than a 6th tier spell.

My first cast of animate dead as a 5th tier caster :

6Z9AjMW.png

I fought 7 encounters without the need to take a long rest, only two short rests. Just eventually casting healing in my minions and my frontlines.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I fought 7 encounters without the need to take a long rest, only two short rests. Just eventually casting healing in my minions and my frontlines.
Game becomes really easy after level 5-6, everything is OP after that level. Only fight that gave me some amount of trouble was the act 2 gith patrol. I don't remember reloading any fight after that on tactician difficulty.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
NOpe STR is incredible important to carry corpses to be reanimated. But Eryfkrad, Astarion is an elf and 'gay' even for elven standards. Does 2 points in str worth keeping him alive? Mainly if you can max out your str easily at lv 4?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
NOpe STR is incredible important to carry corpses to be reanimated.
Lmao what kinda 2bit street magician cannot even telekinesis.

But Eryfkrad, Astarion is an elf and 'gay' even for elven standards. Does 2 points in str worth keeping him alive? Mainly if you can max out your str easily at lv 4?
Lol of course not. Kill him as many times as you can

Rhobar121

Scholar
NOpe STR is incredible important to carry corpses to be reanimated. But Eryfkrad, Astarion is an elf and 'gay' even for elven standards. Does 2 points in str worth keeping him alive? Mainly if you can max out your str easily at lv 4?
In fact, with this you can have more than 20 strength.

VerSacrum

Educated
But Eryfkrad, Astarion is an elf and 'gay' even for elven standards. Does 2 points in str worth keeping him alive? Mainly if you can max out your str easily at lv 4?

Astrarion is probably the most "bro" companion of them all, even with his all sassiness. Probably most fleshed out ones with Shadowheart.
Astarion is an honest faggot and easily the best companion in the game.
Problem is figures like Gale - clearly written as a straight man but somehow comes on to your male PC, talking to him as if he were a girl. This kind of player sexuality is immersion breaking.

Reyvik

Novice

Astrarion is probably the most "bro" companion of them all, even with his all sassiness. Probably most fleshed out ones with Shadowheart.
Astarion is an honest faggot and easily the best companion in the game.
Problem is figures like Gale - clearly written as a straight man but somehow comes on to your male PC, talking to him as if he were a girl. This kind of player sexuality is immersion breaking.
I will never forgive Larian for making me fall into gay trap that was Gale's magic trick. Not to mention being gaslighted by other companions that I am into him

Alex

Arcane
RTWP is dead because it's a dead end design

It should had evolved to simultaneous turns with heavy simulation focus, but that requires very good designers that have passion for that type of gameplay and excellent UI.

Why? I mean, why have "turns" if you already have simultaneous, timed actions? I mean, if you are using BG as the basis for your real time, then rounds are still baked into the formula; but a real real time game can have different kinds of actions taking different amounts of time and even have something like the tenths of seconds it takes to unholster a gun matter in a fight. In such a game, trying to fit action times into turns instead is giving you a less precise, more "fake" time for each action. I mean, perhaps you could have some kind of action points like xcom or Jagged Alliance so that different actions can have very different times they take to complete; but by then, why not use real time with different times for each action?

I mean, this is something I have considered somewhat. In a way, I like how the quantisation of turns help make combat interesting by breaking down the problem of what to do in smaller bits. Furthermore I think having turns can help make something like "initiative" important; as rather than changing what you are doing every tenth of second; both sides might be forced to commit somewhat and be able to react to what the other side is doing based on unit attributes.

All in all, it is an open problem, I think, and something I would really like to see discussed more. But I don't think it is at all clear that simultaneous turns would be better than some form of real time.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
telekinesis

Telekynesis is a 5th tier spell. Sure, cantrips like mage hand can be used to move lighter objects but if you plan to be a necromancer, str is not a dump stat. I regret not having spent points into it.

clearly written as a straight man but somehow comes on to your male PC, talking to him as if he were a girl. This kind of player sexuality is immersion breaking.

And you can't kill him cuz magical netherese nuke.

-------------------------------

Only I by some unknown reason an getting no achievements? Reached lv cap and still with 0 archivements unlocked in steam

Is cuz I had to use --skip-launcher to run the game in Linux?

w2brKue.png

FjkJHcj.png

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/3716090245655070804

Hotfix #9 Now Live!
Version Number: 4.1.1.3767641

Hello everyone,

Another hotfix is now live for Baldur’s Gate 3, taking care of multiple bugs, issues and crashes.

Wish your hirelings looked a little more… glamorous? Worry no longer! We’ve given it a kick, and the Magic Mirror will now allow your hirelings to change their appearance! The same restrictions apply as when you edit your Tav, but we hope this enables you to create the party of your dreams. Or, someone else’s nightmares. We can’t wait to see it.

In addition, you can now change your name through the Magic Mirror. We’ll be using this to add Cool in front of every one of our characters, but you do you.

Once again, thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3, and for taking the time to report these issues to us.

CHANGES
  • You can now use the Magic Mirror on hirelings.
  • You can now change your name through the Magic Mirror.
  • Fixed a rare crash that could occur when unloading or quickloading a game.
  • Fixed an issue causing GPU crashes on PS5 Vulkan.
  • Fixed the Guardian Statue repeatedly falling into a chasm, causing the server to stall.
  • Fixed a splitscreen issue on PS5 that could cause a black screen when listening in on a dialogue.
  • Fixed unpreparing spells not removing their buffs if the spell was upcasted.
  • Fixed buffs being removed by unpreparing spells if the buff came from a different source (e.g. a scroll).
  • Fixed some character positions and animations breaking if you skip lines in certain dialogues.
  • Fixed the previews not working correctly in the Accessibility options.
  • Fixed an issue causing Minthara's romance to unreliably trigger.
  • Fixed Minthara's dialogue after you

not triggering properly when you talk to her.
  • Fixed the Adamantine Splint Armour sometimes making your legs transparent.
  • Fixed a geometry stretching bug introduced in Hotfix 8 on Vulkan.
  • Fixed characters showing up in their underwear in some intimate scenes even if you have nudity enabled.
  • Fixed Feign Death causing an infinite leave–join combat loop in certain circumstances.
  • Fixed prices in dialogues not displaying correctly in savegames that were made while the price was on screen.
  • Optimised the line-of-sight system for entities with no sight range, like items.

Reinhardt

Arcane
telekinesis

Telekynesis is a 5th tier spell. Sure, cantrips like mage hand can be used to move lighter objects but if you plan to be a necromancer, str is not a dump stat. I regret not having spent points into it.

clearly written as a straight man but somehow comes on to your male PC, talking to him as if he were a girl. This kind of player sexuality is immersion breaking.

And you can't kill him cuz magical netherese nuke.

-------------------------------

Only I by some unknown reason an getting no achievements? Reached lv cap and still with 0 archivements unlocked in steam

Is cuz I had to use --skip-launcher to run the game in Linux?

w2brKue.png

FjkJHcj.png
now THAT is some serious dress-wearing energy. on par with diablo 4 "sorceress".

jf8350143

Liturgist
It took them 2 months to let us change the appearance of the hirlings, and you still can't change everything.

Fucking retards, all of them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom