Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
I started a Monk Dark Urge run on the side of my main one, act3 Fatigue is quite real. Dark Urge changes/adds quite a bit of content compared to normal Tav.
In my opinion Durge is far, far better than Tav in terms of story and stays better all the way through to the end, so I hope you enjoy it!

Cleric is pretty good

There is any D&D video game where clerics aren't pretty good?
Fall From Grace in PST. Great character and the only one who can heal, but was mostly dead weight in combat. Her spell list was small, weak, and mostly irrelevant considering the protagonist is immortal and regenerates. I remember healing items being common, not that you really need them anyway.

For one year I was looking down on BG3. But today is the day I finally gave up and bought this :negative:

And I already disliked most of D:OS2 characters and quirky writing

Barbarian

Arcane
Something that doesn't get enough credit in this game is how alive your companions feel, even if you hate them it's something no other game does better.

They all want to fuck you as well and make that very clear every waking second.

Bear druid and Gayle are the worse. Talking to them felt like being transported into a gay dating sim without being asked about it.

Barbarian

Arcane
For one year I was looking down on BG3. But today is the day I finally gave up and bought this :negative:

We all bitch about it but it is a legit good game.

Also non-ironically the best D&D videogame adaptation even though it is based on the shitty 5e and had (((Hasbro))) overseeing the whole thing.

Stuff like the Hag's lair was more akin to legit dnd than anything in the original games in the series even. And it has tb combat with verticality and actual in-world application of spells(i.e: using silence on enemies preventing from calling for help).

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath

Also non-ironically the best D&D videogame adaptation even though it is based on the shitty 5e and had (((Hasbro))) overseeing the whole thing.

Stuff like the Hag's lair was more akin to legit dnd than anything in the original games in the series even. And it has tb combat with verticality and actual in-world application of spells(i.e: using silence on enemies preventing from calling for help).
Solasta is technically a better adaptation because it actually sticks to the rules. There are pages upon pages of changes in BG3 because Larian thought they know better.

Barbarian

Arcane

Solasta is technically a better adaptation because it actually sticks to the rules. There are pages upon pages of changes in BG3 because Larian thought they know better.

"Sticking to the rules" is not exactly a good criteria for better adaptation.

Solasta is boring.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
I really dislike that a lot of characters and story moments are locked behind Long Rest, so if you play something like Monk or Bard, a shit ton of events stack and you might lose something like Astarion's reveal or Laezel x Shadowheart fight..

Old Hans

Arcane
I really dislike that a lot of characters and story moments are locked behind Long Rest, so if you play something like Monk or Bard, a shit ton of events stack and you might lose something like Astarion's reveal or Laezel x Shadowheart fight..
yea its a really bad system. it would have worked better if the game world was more like Pathfinder Kingmaker where you travel across a world map

Finally have some time to play this. I know nothing about D & D. Looking for a fairly easy (maybe slightly cheesy) playthrough mainly with magic/ranged combat ... have been looking at Bard, Sorcerer and Wizard mainly or maybe multi-class?
Any hints?

Finally have some time to play this. I know nothing about D & D. Looking for a fairly easy (maybe slightly cheesy) playthrough mainly with magic/ranged combat ... have been looking at Bard, Sorcerer and Wizard mainly or maybe multi-class?
Any hints?
whatever you do, put your first extra stat point into your main stat or spend the rest of the game with a low hit rate
imo multiclass is a meme, i went pure wizard and enjoyed it, you get to pick specialties like storm magic that allows you to fly up onto roofs and become inaccessible to most npc's or just gain distance. plus the nuke potential is fearsome

recommend spending some time reading class descriptions, scouring bg3 wiki's to see what you end up getting and even checking builds on youtube

Last edited:

Hydro

Educated
Something that doesn't get enough credit in this game is how alive your companions feel, even if you hate them it's something no other game does better.
Indeed, game struggles to acknowledge I’ve dumped most of them fanfic tier snowflakes in the first act.

Barbarian

Arcane
You're right.

It is alright as long as you know about it and rest often. Otherwise yeah... you will miss quite a bit of content. Some of it is locked behind very nonsensical timers. Such as the first durge rest sequence, which you seemingly only get if you long rest at the first few minutes after escaping the nautiloid(something which most players won't do since they are likely eager to explore at that point).

In honour mode it is actually quite worthwhile to rest after every major battle and not save on using your spell slots and long rest rechargeable skills.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
You're right.

It is alright as long as you know about it and rest often. Otherwise yeah... you will miss quite a bit of content. Some of it is locked behind very nonsensical timers. Such as the first durge rest sequence, which you seemingly only get if you long rest at the first few minutes after escaping the nautiloid(something which most players won't do since they are likely eager to explore at that point).

In honour mode it is actually quite worthwhile to rest after every major battle and not save on using your spell slots and long rest rechargeable skills.
The problem is that then you lose your elixirs.

I played a sort of stipulation game where I tried to keep elixirs up at all times.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Any hints?
BG3 allows the player to respec the PC and the companions for trivial amounts of money, so it doesn't matter if you make mistakes during character creation (or later customization upon gaining levels) as they can always be corrected. However, if you want to keep a certain set of 3 companions with their original classes, then you should choose the PC's class to complement their classes.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Any hints?
Roll a barbarian

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom