Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 - tips, tricks & helpful information

Yosharian

Arcane

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Some of the regular illithid powers seem super strong btw. Psionic backlash in particular.
Most of them are insanely powerful and trivialise the game

You need to wait till Act 3 for the really strong ones, though. The earlier are a neat addition - they hardly trivialize anything.

And in Act 3 you're either near or at the level cap and 90% of the game content is trivial regardless, so who cares?

Itemization, including much earlier itemization, is a much bigger balance concern.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
In this case, no worries. Psionic Backlash is pretty weak IMO?

Dominance is much better for non-casters, but you won't get it.

Favourable Beginnings and Luck of the Far Realms are always great, though.
Cull the Weak (+ stack tadpoles) is also nice.
Overload is some nice bonus damage, I guess. But often not worth the (Bonus) Action.

Barbarian

Arcane
I will probably use level cap mod but house rule so that you can only take a maximum of 12 levels in a class(otherwise I'm sure higher level features will break an already unbalanced game).

Some classes really don't give themselves well to multiclass. Monk for instance, which is the class I will take. I guess take levels in Rogue after getting shadowstrike? Thief for the extra bonus action maybe. Expertise in stealth goes really well for a shadowmonk.

Shadowheart knowledge cleric and Astarion lore Bard. No idea second class for each upon level 12. Maybe arcane trickster for Astarion. Either Minthara or Laezel for 4th spot. There is a lot of gith theme gear with psychic damage.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom