Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate & Baldur's Gate II Mod Thread

If they are spellcasters they probably start with more buffs up on higher difficulties. Dunno if there's anything else going on but I'm pretty sure mods can't mess with rolls like that.

Melcar

Arcane
Tarnesh does open up with some defensive spells. Mirror image and I think Armor on "insane" difficulty. Even after they run out my THACO 15 Berserker can't hit him reliably and sometimes even gets a staff to the face (no critical hit). This fucker can even melee Imoen and Montaron and kill them off with one-two hits. Shank and Carbos are level one unarmored thugs with uninteresting stats and my Berserker misses often (not too much but more than in "tactical") and when they manage to hit with those puny daggers (which they sometimes do no critical hits) they can take up to 40% on my health (which is still within possibility stat wise, but it's still more than what they normally do in "tactical" difficulty). Looking at the message log I can't see any weird shit going on like bonuses or penalties being applied, so I don't know.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
If DavidW was in the same room as me at the moment, I would rush him and hit him with a tremendous right hand that would leave him convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard. Why the fuck does SCS take so fucking long to install SHIT

Melcar

Arcane
A lot of WeiDu based mods take ages to install. It's even worse if you run them with WINE. Forget about reinstalling individual components. Depending on the original install order that shit can take forever. Faster just to reinstall your game (keep a backup of the original unmoded game files to revert to). I doubt it's WeiDu fault entirely, but rather the old ass Infinity Engine.
Just chose what to install from SCS (which really should only be to AI improvements) and take a few minutes to shitpost on The Codex to pass the time.

Anyway, just accepted the fact that on insane enemies have slightly better damage rolls. No biggie. Being able to remove or lower precasting is cool though. Makes the game encounters with mages/clerics less autistic and frustrating.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
A lot of WeiDu based mods take ages to install. It's even worse if you run them with WINE

I just learned this first hand. Last time I played on linux, I used ciopfs to get around the modding problem. It "works" but I encountered performance issues, minor but enough to be annoying.

So I thought about the actual problem for a bit and it occurred to me theres zero reason you cant just install the win build and then use wine to install the mods. Holy fuck, I'm not exaggerating it took like 4 hours.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom