Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate & Baldur's Gate II Mod Thread

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
windows defender freaks out every time i download the rogue rebalance 4.92, it usually says its some occami malware now it detects as a backdoor/bladabindi.
Really? That's strange.
Could be a false positive.
Rogue Rebalancing has that insane fight with the Chosen of Cyric...

KainenMorden

Educated
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
For anyone that plays SCS insane double damage I'm almost done with BG1ee I did 2 mage dualed to fighter, 4 pips in longsword, 1 in dagger, 2 in sling. I rolled an 88 so have good stats, basically it's a fighter that can use wands and scrolls which I have only used for the big fights. Yes there's a tradeoff in HP but you also get a familiar and again, have high stats so it's not a big deal. I know there are better overall fighter/mage duals/multis and kits but I see this as being close to playing a pure fighter with some advantages.

How would you play this Charname in soa/Tob/ascension? I thought of just putting another pip in longsword and then 2 weapon fighting/flails.

What party would you use?

Also, is the unfinished business mod worthwhile? Any other mods to include?

Taim

Educated
Unfinished Business for BG2 is pretty bad IMHO.

Bg2 is massive. It doesn't need new content for the sake of new content, and that's what it is. Some of it is passable but several of the components (Minsc's quest, for example) reek of bad fanfiction.

For BG1 EE I recommend a bunch of mods - all of which are to remove as much of the bad EE stuff as possible.

For BG2 EE they didn't mess up as much.
Just the mod to remove EE NPCs and a UI mod of your choice (probably Lefreuts).

Last edited:

roshan

Arcane
Are there any good quest mods for BG1/BG2? Thinking of doing a modded EET install at some point.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Are there any good quest mods for BG1/BG2? Thinking of doing a modded EET install at some point.
All "big" quest mods are bad. Northern Tales of the Sword Coast is less offensive, in that it adds various quests here and there in the Bg1 expansion, but it's still not that good.

Tower Of Deception (BG2) is a nice, relatively small, adventure.
Assassinations (BG2) is a fun and simple mod where you are contracted by some shady organization to do... assassinations.

I will agree that Assassinations for BG2 is a decent quest mod. The writing isn't cringe, has some good fights and scenarios, and doesn't dump OP loot, gold, or XP on the player. It finishes after the PC returns from the Underdark. The mod uses the "empty" spaces of base game areas rather than cloning them, so it's not unsightly or out of place either.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I know someone mentioned this mod in this thread just 2 pages ago, but only in passing. And this mod deserves more. Take a look at it: https://spellholdstudios.github.io/BG2_Improved_GUI/bg2improvedgui/documentation/readme.html

Just that it reenables EAX is already enough to install, but then there's the dedicated UI for spells, description of innate abilities, improved log, smart left hand slot, spell sequencer panel, and more minor stuff. This is a must now. And this mod either didn't exist, or went completely under the radar for me just 5-8 years ago when I last played it.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
SHS (SpellHold Studios) website is gone. Apparently some hard drive failure, and there's backups, but they're at a data center, and the owner must take an appointment and go there in person to fix it.

Looks doable, right? Except the owner is some faggot who works on "Stray Dogs" and therefore is too busy, so he promised to do it "next week" 5 months ago. We lost SHS to a game about singing homos. That's the kind of world we live in.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
SHS (SpellHold Studios) website is gone. Apparently some hard drive failure, and there's backups, but they're at a data center, and the owner must take an appointment and go there in person to fix it.

Looks doable, right? Except the owner is some faggot who works on "Stray Dogs" and therefore is too busy, so he promised to do it "next week" 5 months ago. We lost SHS to a game about singing homos. That's the kind of world we live in.

Most of the bigger mods ended up somewhere in Github but yeah. SHS alwaus had these periods where it's down and keep choosing to utilize it was a mistake.

CootKeeper

Augur
A new version of Sword Coast Strategems (v35.0) is up since Monday: gibberlings three's forum post

Code:
Version 35 is a fairly substantial release, with the following main features:

60-odd bugfixes and compatibility fixes
(Provisional, experimental, partial) support for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
New 'revised handling of death effects' component
New 'revised elementals' component
New 'revised resting' component
New 'revised inns' component
Reorganization of spell tweaks components along with some new optional tweaks
15 new spells (9 mage, 6 cleric) with the mage spells mostly focused around elemental effects and the cleric spells mostly borrowed from Divine Remix
Multiple changes to achieve compatibility with my forthcoming 'Talents of Faerun' mod
New component, 'Include bard songs from IWD:EE' (identical to the IWDification component)
'Make spell sequencers and contingencies into innate abilities' restored
A few dozen more minor tweaks

Sounds like some great stuff especially for IWD. SCS is pretty much a mandatory mod nowadays.

Rebounding lightning bolts only inflict damage once

:decline: Having a lightning bolt magically decide to bounce just right to hit your whole party 5x in an instant was one of the funniest and most unique ways to die.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
No. It’s not even announced yet as far as I know. But word is he is aiming for some kind of feat-system for BG.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom