Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldurs Gate vs Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Which game is better?

• Total voters
I broke down and finally installed it. I had to take a peek. I mostly wanted to play around with the character creator to see what is under the hood. Wonderful so far. I also played a bit to get a sense of it, and it feels just like the IE games. Thus far, easily on par with BG1, but then again, I haven't gotten far. The more advanced rule set definitely gives it a major edge. I'm contented, and will resume waiting until it's completed with all of the DLC. Lets hope Owlcat can deal with the attrition of fixing and refining it over the next year(s).

Sykar

Arcane
BG for simple reason of not being a bug version of a singularity.

Bitch please~ BG was full of bugs that require legions of fans to fix it after official devs giving up fixing~ Your reason is like comparing a fully mature, decades-fixing, product with a months-old game.

Most of the bugs were spell related like giving Simulacrum characters copies of scrolls in your quickslots, essentially giving you potentially endless amounts of very rare and very powerful scrolls and the rest were for the most part minor annoyances. The game itself was completely playable from start to finish with nary a noticeable bug encountered, only Torgall boss in the de'Arnise keep had a strange AI bug sometimes and simply did nothing just stood there, annoying but still no road block. Same goes for side quests. I finished it twice including ToB and not once did I encounter a game breaking bug.

Risewild

Arbiter
Shouldn't there be an option for "They're both great"?
There seems to be a good amount of people replying here that would have picked that option.

:lol:

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I had one bug where upon leveling up a mage, I couldn't select any new spells. That was back in 1.03 version or something. Patched the game up to 1.08 and the bug was gone.

All you whiners are the same kind of people who trashed VTMB for "being buggy" and bombed it in magazine reviews, leading to shitty sales.

It's like reading a book and then all you have to say is how the cover had a scratch on it. You can't see artistic value in games. You're the worst kind of bydlo, honestly. At least normal bydlo doesn't play games.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
in hindsight, baldur's gate was a literal miracle, even more considered its time. back in the day i downplayed its importance because i just came from the amiga world, "if frontier fits on a floppy, a whole universe should fit on a cd. a 4 cds game? this is wasteful crap", but thinking about what the following 20 years gave us, baldur's gate is witnessing water being turned into wine.
unfortunately i'm a numbersfag, and once the worst bugs are squashed (if ever, i have low hopes for this) i can see myself spending hundreds of hours more with kingcomrademaker, its mods and a hopefully coming into the future more sandboxy campaign.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
BG series popularity will endure for 10 more years at least. I should know how popular it is: I get hundreds of thousands of BG-related views on my blog every year, even though I have criticized it for being RTwP.

I expect millions of BG-related views over the next few years.

Sorry to say, BG is not going away. Like it or not, it's big. Just accept it because there isn't anything you can do or say that will stem its tide.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Yes. I'm still just shitposting.

Oh, that's cool. Allow me to continue, then:

In order to impactfully erode Bhaalspawn Saga legacy, you would need to assemble an army and take over popular public venues year after year.

Your first port of call would need to be reddit. You would need an army of downvoters whenever someone says "BG2 is the greatest RPG ever". Which is all it takes to get 100 upvotes from the cattle. It's actually why people parrot that, because they know it's easy upvotes on a shallow buzzfeed, and everytime they do it 10,000 people read it.

You would have to put every fanboi in its place, too. These people write essays on BG on various forums. Massive multi-page walls of text. It would take so much effort to turn the rabble against these ring-leaders.

Basically, all you can do is wait it out / outlast them. But I doubt you could if you think BG praise is toxic and makes you butthurt, because cancer stemming from enduring that would get you first.

Self-Ejected

Sacred82

Self-Ejected
Dumbfuck
ITT old fucks thinking their favorite gaem will always be teh greatest when there are new titles out that blow them out of the water, not just in the eyes of the unwashed youth

hell bovine

Arcane
BG for simple reason of not being a bug version of a singularity.

Bitch please~ BG was full of bugs that require legions of fans to fix it after official devs giving up fixing~ Your reason is like comparing a fully mature, decades-fixing, product with a months-old game.
It's not really comparable when the combined mass of Pathfinder hotfixes has already exceeded the size of the game, and we are nowhere near 'fully patched' status yet. No BG patches and fanmade fixes were ever so bad. As much as I like Pathinder, the game engine they are using is not doing them any favors.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
BG series popularity will endure for 10 more years at least. I should know how popular it is: I get hundreds of thousands of BG-related views on my blog every year, even though I have criticized it for being RTwP.

I expect millions of BG-related views over the next few years.

Sorry to say, BG is not going away. Like it or not, it's big. Just accept it because there isn't anything you can do or say that will stem its tide.
Of curse it will. No reason to questions the reality that it was (and still is in a way) a popular CRPG. Oblivion and Skyrim are even more popular. Just saying.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom