Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter BEAUTIFUL DESOLATION - isometric post-apocalyptic adventure from STASIS developer

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
game broke my mind. i just thought of a possibility

of a timeline where Shongololo is a candidate for the simulation main character and he steamroll everything with his 100 tons metal body of pure mayhem and i started laughing IRL like a crazy person imagining the cutscene for it.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Ill write you a more in depth answer - but you're pretty damned close. In fact, a little too close to some of our ideas for the sequel... :D

Kaivokz

Arcane
Just started playing today.

1) Mick Gordon is a genius.

2) The art direction is on point. Beautiful game.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
BUG

Land at the COMMAND MODULE and use the FULL THERMAL STORAGE CUBE on the FROZEN COMMAND MODULE. This will defrost it. Talk to DR ANNA TAYLOR.

Return to DA7ABA5E5 at NEST ALPHA and talk to it about the other Nest, as well as DR TAYLOR. Return to DR ANNA TAYLOR and talk to her about The Divide. Land at NEST BETA and talk to CA5CADAB1E about what caused The Divide. It will give you the NEST VIRUS.

after I defrost Dr Taylor, I can't talk at nest alpha about her. At both nests, I don't have anyone to talk to

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
but when we added in scrolling we had to alter how the graphics were displayed

Why? What scrolling has to do with the way graphic are displayed?

Mostly the size of assets that you can load and the amount of animation. Originally each scene was a single 1920 x 1080 file. The current graphic size is 16 times that, with additional passes for normal and height data, as well as a mesh for shadow occlusion. Scrolling also altered our camera setup, as well as having to redo our pathing system. It's not a case of 'cant be done' - its more a case of having to pick our battles. :D

Last edited:

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I haven't been able to afford it yet, but in looking into it after the Codex interview I'm really intruiged! It's the first time I can remember being surprised at a point & click doing something new and interesting mechanically -- especially that UI! Nice to learn the genre has still design space in it after so long in, pun unintended, stasis. :)

Is there a reason to play Stasis (and? Cayne) first?

Last edited:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Oh, wonderful.

Just got to the """"combat"""" which is basically an RNG grindfest.

Not cool. My dice keep coming up snake eyes and the enemy keeps getting 6'es in a row.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer
Oh, wonderful.

Not cool. My dice keep coming up snake eyes and the enemy keeps getting 6'es in a row.

Thats just a mini game. The dice are really 100% random. You can win if you use your 'powerups' carefully, or just rolls the dice. :D

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Oh, wonderful.

Thats just a mini game. The dice are really 100% random. You can win if you use your 'powerups' carefully, or just rolls the dice. :D

Any way to make the 100% random enemy NOT roll at least one 6 every single time?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Lovin the game, tried to enhance the visuals abit with reshade, abit sharpen and HDR! not bad! Game looks smashing.

zEKEYM4.jpg

jY4GWWs.jpg

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Oh, wonderful.

Any way to make the 100% random enemy NOT roll at least one 6 every single time?

Finally beat it, took 45 minutes.

Increasing dat playthrough length :balance:

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
More than 50% of the negative reviews are in Russian. Pyke -- are they complaining about translation quality, or is this just the Russian lack of grade inflation? (IIRC, 30% of Primordia's negative reviews were Russian -- even though we always got wonderful support from Russian players overall.)

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Putin is hacking your reviews like he hacked the election.

Orange Man and Low Scores BAD.

V_K

Arcane
More than 50% of the negative reviews are in Russian. Pyke -- are they complaining about translation quality, or is this just the Russian lack of grade inflation? (IIRC, 30% of Primordia's negative reviews were Russian -- even though we always got wonderful support from Russian players overall.)
I've skimmed through them. As everyone here knows, Russians have a Fallout cargo cult. So it's the usual "This is not Fallout!!!111" sentiment you can find in some other negative reviews, only times 200.
Plus Russians can't into adventures
Plus it's a cultural thing where being an asshole is seen as some sort of virtue.

Pyke

The Brotherhood
Developer

From the Russian players I've spoken to they say that the translation is good. One guy said there were too many swear words, but I'm assuming thats content!

We have a huge amount of players from Russia, and it does seem to be a bit of a mixed bag. I've watched some Russian streamers and I'm trying to figure out if they are just... hate playing it, or really enjoying it. I do think it's a bit of 'this isnt a regular point and click' combined with 'this isnt an RPG', and maybe its a culture of being harsh critics? Oddly the negative reviews I've read in Russian arent 'scathing' - they are more on the line of 'this isnt the game for me' to 'this is the best thing ever.'

I will admit that I didn't write the story with any other cultures in mind - so I have no idea what sort of story or game appeals to Russian players.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom