Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
hqdefault.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Team17 going down the toilet: https://www.eurogamer.net/significant-job-losses-likely-at-worms-publisher-team17-sources

Significant job losses likely at Worms publisher Team17 - sources​

Worms publisher Team17 has announced a company restructure likely to result in signficant job losses, Eurogamer understands, with the majority of the developer's internal QA (Quality Assurance) team affected.

The company's CEO Michael Pattison is also expected to leave, sources close to the company say.

Around 50 roles - the vast majority of Team17's QA department - are at risk as part of a major restructuring process, as the company opts to outsource its QA work instead.

The vast majority of the job losses within the QA team - indicated in a new proposed team structure document shared with staff members today - are of junior QA analyst roles.

Outside of QA, it's unclear to what extent other departments are also affected by restructuring plans. Eurogamer has contacted Team17 for comment.

These latest layoffs follow job losses at Team17 earlier in the year within the company's internal development teams. At the time, staff were told further layoffs would not occur.

Staff affected by these latest redundancies were informed of the news via an emergency town hall meeting this morning. A consultation process on the changes has now begun, and will conclude in November.

Pattison has worked at Team17 for two years. He joined in October 2021 as CEO after previously working at PlayStation.

Last year, Eurogamer published a detailed report on Team17, as staff spoke out on the company's pay, working conditions and management failures. In the wake of the report's publication, Team17 promised a number of positive changes, including pay reviews.

Last week, Sega confirmed job losses were expected at UK studio Creative Assembly following the cancellation of Hyenas, while fellow UK developer Mediatonic was hit hard by Epic Games' own announcement of layoffs.

https://www.vg247.com/breaking-team17-hit-by-redundancies-uk-firm-latest-to-suffer-layoffs

Team17 hit by redundancies - UK firm latest to suffer layoffs​

According to a source familiar with the situation, the studio is facing its second wave of layoffs this year.

Update​

Team 17 has responded to our request for comment with the following statement:

“In response to the reports concerning the departure of Michael Pattison from Team17, we can confirm we have amicably parted ways with Michael. We can also confirm that we have sadly entered into a period of consultation today within Team17 Digital, with Astragon and Storytoys remaining unaffected by the restructuring plans.”

Original article​

Team 17 - the British developer and publisher behind beloved indies including Dredge, Blasphemous 2, and Moving Out 2 – is facing a wave of layoffs. According to an anonymous source familiar with the situation at the studio, this has resulted in the CEO being let go, as well as "tens of redundancies".

Word reportedly came in this morning, following an internal town hall, as staff received a letter informing them their jobs are at risk. It's worth noting that due to the scale of the layoffs, no one has been made redundant as of yet, as a period of consultation will happen first, before any jobs are cut. This will reportedly conclude in November 2023.

VG247 was told a CEO at the company was affected, and Eurogamer corroborates that it is Michael Pattison, current CEO of Team 17 Digital, that is leaving the company. The role will reportedly be filled by Team 17 Commercial Operations Director, Ann Hurley.

In this emergency town hall, the following statement was read out by Hurley, and was later shared with employees in a formal letter:

As explained in today’s announcement, we have just communicated our half year results showing strong growth for the Group in the first half of the year. This reflects the success of our diverse portfolio strategy, and the commitment and expertise of our people in all that we do.
However, we recognise these results were against the backdrop of one of the most competitive years for high quality launches and deep peer discounting that the industry has ever seen. Within our Group, Team17 Digital in particular has felt the pressure of these challenges, as have many companies in our industry.
This comes following redundancies to the companies' development side earlier in the year, in what was then dubbed "realignment" by the company. It's unclear whether the development arm of Team 17 will be hit again, but a source has stated to VG247 that the marketing department appears to be shrinking by 'between 20-30 percent'. This is likely in addition to the "QA department" referenced in Eurogamer's report on the same matter.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Another one of SGTMarkIV's wacky projects:

I started this project back in 2019, before VietDoom. It was based on the GZDoom mod Q2 Stuff. It was a very ambitious project that would feature destroyable lamps, friendly marines, improved gunplay, muzzle flashes, and many fancy stuff. This can run both on GZDoom and Zandronum, enabling better multiplayer and co-op than the actual Quake 2 game.
Since its impossible to make GZDoom run on Quake 2 maps and that the mod would require its own map pack to work, for which I had the idea of reimagining Quake 2 maps, mixing existing ones with new ones. I had to give up on it because it would be pretty much a pirated fan game. So I gave up on it and went on to develop VietDoom.

Recently I found out that its possible to make both GZDoom and Zandronum read the models directly from Quake 2's pak0 files, both the original game and the recently released remastered version. This makes a public release of this mod possible.

After I release Brutal Doom v22 maybe I could give this another round of polishment, finish the third level, make it require you to own Quake 2 to play it, then release "as is" for anybody wanting to make their own attempt at creating more new stuff for it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom