Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

ferratilis

Magister
:hmmm:
https://www.pcgamer.com/the-lord-of-the-rings-gollum-review/
Z0JZgMe.png

https://www.pcgamer.com/games/action/warhammer-40-000-space-marine-2-review/
NWEevdW.png

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
So my pal Alienman recently posted in the Xenonauts 2 Steam forum about the game lacking ragdoll physics, and received the weirdest, most retarded reply I've seen in a long time.
View attachment 55112
View attachment 55113

Fallout is not an isometric game... because it's a turn based system added onto an RTS engine (??) - which is because when you explore out of combat you move in real time
1arqp8.jpg
Don't the firaxcom games use ragdoll deaths? I remember enemies getting knocked around with explosions or collapsing in weird ways.
But yeah, stupid response is stupid.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I think that guy got very confused regarding game engines. I'm mostly surprised how little enthusiasm there is for ragdoll effects. What's the point of explosives if not to watch your enemy fly 40 meters in the air and do a swan dive into a concrete floor? From both sides, actually, devs and players.
Forget ragdolls, bring back gibbing. Back in the ol' days death animations can result in full body dismemberment to give an idea of just how hard the attack hit. Nowadays it's so sterile and tame.
If someone gets hit by a grenade or a rocket he just doesn't get knocked backwards like in a comedy flick, he gets redistributed over an area and irrigates the surrounding flora. Explosives are scary.

Caim

Arcane
Hormonal therapy.

No really. As part of the process of becoming a super space marine a normal space marine is given an implant that supercharges their various implants, releasing hormones that stimulate growth so that the marine goes from being a 28mm manlet to a 32mm chad. They also receive an implant that infuses their sinews to even greater strenght, meaning that Titus could probaby crush your fingers by grabbing onto your hand with his eyesocket as you punch him in the face.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think that guy got very confused regarding game engines. I'm mostly surprised how little enthusiasm there is for ragdoll effects. What's the point of explosives if not to watch your enemy fly 40 meters in the air and do a swan dive into a concrete floor? From both sides, actually, devs and players.
Forget ragdolls, bring back gibbing. Back in the ol' days death animations can result in full body dismemberment to give an idea of just how hard the attack hit. Nowadays it's so sterile and tame.
If someone gets hit by a grenade or a rocket he just doesn't get knocked backwards like in a comedy flick, he gets redistributed over an area and irrigates the surrounding flora. Explosives are scary.
I'm happy to tell you that both Xenonauts 2 and Jagged Alliance 3 have gibbing. But it's a static animation, not any physics attached, unfortunately.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I'm happy to tell you that both Xenonauts 2 and Jagged Alliance 3 have gibbing. But it's a static animation, not any physics attached, unfortunately.
Might not need physics, actually. Fallout had static gibbing animations but it gave you the illusion of physics because the limbs literally fly away and land in various areas, iirc. They could just introduce a set of gibbing animations to replicate that.

Elttharion

Learned

Today was the 83rd birthday of Seiji Nakamura, the oldest president of an erotic game company in Japan, and I visited him at his home. He said that he has been replaying "Rance IV: Legacy of the Cult" recently ("In the end, Sill is the cutest...") while praying for the release of "STALKER2" in November. He was as cool as ever.

Notice the tissues and the two mousepads for when he needs to play with only one hand. Fucking legend.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Enemies in Quake make a funny gurgling noise when they get gibbed.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I'm mostly surprised how little enthusiasm there is for ragdoll effects.
these days it's a miracle when game runs well, does not have massive requirements and it's not bugridden crashy save corrupting pile of ductaped code
all that fancy shit from the past like ragdoll, physics and destructive enviroment is beyond the scope of modern devs....

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Well, my friend is still at it.

View attachment 55233
More than five years ingame. I really hope he just leaves the computer and game running during the night and this is not really his active time.
I know he lost his girlfriend, lost his job (but got another one), and doesn't really come around anymore. I did some shooting with him last year, so there was that, but for the most part - he leaves it running and logged in when he's no there (must be using bots or something) but his life is this game and work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom