Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
Nope, it's a group that makes orchestral music for trailers and movies. I just found it funny that an extremely generic "epic" piece evokes DAO in someone's mind, instead any of the hundreds of movies and games that are way more epic.

Here's another one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9kgGAL1zys

The dark side of the picture looks like Morrigan ^_^

AWESOME!! =DD

THEDEADSOUNDSTUDIOS 23 hours ago 3

anus_pounder

Arcane
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMFSwYuS ... re=related

alhole420 said:
HAHAHAHA !!! Kid, i was playing games long before you're drunk dad shot his load into your overweight mother. Not only have i played these games, i've beat them multiple times. And yes, compared to the shit now a days they look like 8 bit nintendo. Apparently you're too young to have ever owned an original nintendo so you obviously have no fucking clue what you're talking about. Fuckin children think they know everything. What a fuckin retard.

alhole420 said:
I've played 1 and 2, i've played them for years. But when you get to be a gamer at my age and actually played atari when it was the only thing out you actually DO care about graphics. To kids like you it's retro and cool to play old games, for people like me it's like playing old out dated shit that i got burned out on probably before you could even turn on a computer. It WAS a good game back in the day, but now it's just old shit.

Damn, this old fag has me all figured out. I play Fallout and Planescape just to earn some retro KKK. :oops:

EDIT : -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAUWAvqj ... re=related

marcopolo3001 said:
Yes but you cannot survive on content alone, especially if left untouched in 2d. This is 2011 now, computers are way more powerful than back in 99. Otherwise you would see Fallout 3 still in 2d and the like. But even Fallout had to evolve and grow with the times. This move to me is still rather pseudo 3d to be honest. It might make a nice stepping stone before going truly 3d ala Fallout 3 with heavy RPG elements that propel the gamer into a truly immersive 3d DX11 world. Cant wait

Man, 3d and DX11 FPS Jagged Alliance. This is what JA should evolve into.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Regdar said:
MicoSelva said:
At least until I can get it below $10.

Actually, depending on your bandwidth costs... :smug:
Well, the question was about buying, not playing it. I have tons of games on my shelf that I haven't played yet - some of them I probably never will.

On topic: linking to Youtube in this thread should be considered cheating. There are borders that should not be crossed, even on The Codex.

anus_pounder said:
marcopolo3001 said:
Yes but you cannot survive on content alone, especially if left untouched in 2d. This is 2011 now, computers are way more powerful than back in 99. Otherwise you would see Fallout 3 still in 2d and the like. But even Fallout had to evolve and grow with the times. This move to me is still rather pseudo 3d to be honest. It might make a nice stepping stone before going truly 3d ala Fallout 3 with heavy RPG elements that propel the gamer into a truly immersive 3d DX11 world. Cant wait

Man, 3d and DX11 FPS Jagged Alliance. This is what JA should evolve into.

It reads like something out of a dev interview.

Esquilax

Arcane
Rasputin, I need to make an account to see that. I don't want to join: can you copy and paste the responses + butthurt, please?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Rasputin said:
http://spoonyexperiment.com/forum/index.php?topic=31927.210

Last 3 pages are so full of butthurt over a single comment.
It is the only place where really it seems like the ones calling others as trolls are trolls themselves.

You have to register to view that by the way.

Ermm

Erudite
MADNESS

Onhh not this crap again. I didn't get past even the first 10 minutes of Kickassia, I doubt I will bother with this.

Okay, than don't. Nobody is making you watch it, that's your prerogative.

Well new trailer is out. I'm going to watch just out of curiosity, and to see how many unorignal jokes and rip-offs they made with this.

Please don't.

Why not ?

Because it's annoying, serves no purpose and will only lead to Internet slappy-fights

All he's doing is expressing his opinion, regardless of whether he likes it or not as long as he keeps things civil I see no problem in him saying he doesn't like it

Well, it does serve the purpose of identifying trolls.

Fair point.

How does saying I don't think I'm going to like this is equate to being a troll

Look, to those who are already in the mindset that they hate it or will be here to bash it. I dont care as long as you are civil about it and have actual evidence to your opinion. Heck, if you can make yourself funny while doing it I might even laugh at it. Just be mature and reasonable and back up your statement without going "tis is unfun, haha, lozers". That and you dont ruin it for those of us who enjoy it and do find it funny.

Exactly. Some people are going to HATE this thing no matter what, so....just deal with it. We've seen two trailers, and everyone is now entitled to formulate opinions.

Oh come on, in the thread I started about the trailer he admitted he was being a troll. This ain't gonna be civil.

Indeed. We may know what they're going to say but that doesn't mean we shouldn't give them a chance to speak.

We don't have to descend into flame wars, as long as we let people say their piece then move on.

So you mean we should let them say blatantly wrong and stupid things and torpedo threads and completely derail conversations, we shouldn't publicly disagree with them at all. We should bottle the frustration/disagreement up until it peaks and someone tips the pot over, and then it will descend into madness. The Flame Wars are inevitable sir, and while I agree that we all would be better off without them, it's gonna happen regardless, and theirs nothing you or I can say to stop it.

How was anything Dante said "Blatanly wrong and stupid "

Listen if someone is being an asshole, insulting other people on the thread and de railing it then fine they're a troll, but even then Flame wars solve nothing and all they do is frustrae fans and give haters satisfaction.

It would be best at this point just to ignore them and and continue on as normal, then we won't get any flame wars to begin with

Quote from: Joe07 on Today at 09:25:18 AM
How was anything Dante said "Blatantly wrong and stupid "

Did I say Dante said anything blatantly wrong or stupid, no. Don't put fucking words in my mouth.

Listen if someone is being an asshole, insulting other people on the thread and de railing it then fine they're a troll, but even then Flame wars solve nothing and all they do is frustrae fans and give haters satisfaction.

Again I agree with you, I don't think flame wars will solve anything, I'm just saying their inevitable.

It would be best at this point just to ignore them and and continue on as normal, then we won't get any flame wars to begin with

And I'm saying it's not going to happen.

Allright I apoligise for the first point, I assumed you where implying that Dante's point was one of the blantantly stupid ones you mentioned

And allright I concede that it is likely one will break out, it's just frustrating that they're so preventable, and we're all smart enough to avoid them

Quote from: Joe07 on Today at 08:50:52 AM
How does saying I don't think I'm going to like this is equate to being a troll

Quote from: Dante Eldred on Today at 12:55:36 AM
Well new trailer is out. I'm going to watch just out of curiosity,

This is a comment.

and to see how many unorignal jokes

This is trolling.

and rip-offs they made with this.

And so is this.

Why is it trolling?

1- It's unsupported by facts.
2- It's not even an opinion.
3- It's just an insult.
4- It's completely gratuitous.

Personal Message (Online)

Re: The Third Year Anniversary of TGWTG.com Teaser
« Reply #241 on: Today at 11:16:56 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote
Quote from: NonEmoAsmodeusCultist on Today at 09:45:11 AM
This is a comment.

This is trolling.

And so is this.

Why is it trolling?

3- It's just an insult.

I'm just going to say as long as he's not insulting any of the fans he's fine in my book

Not to mention he brings up why he does not like the trailer in the actual trailer thread and supports it.

But really it doesn't matter, arguments like this are pointless and serve no purpose. Let's just argee to disagree and let the matter rest

If you guys wanna see some bonafide trolling, head over to the Game of Thrones TV series thread.

Wow, it's starting already?

This will be fun.

silverfox.gif

Oh what a stupid argument this is. Most of what is labeled as "trolling" isn't trolling at all. You're being to goddamn sensitive about someone having a different opinion. And if it is trolling, then the absolute worst thing you can do is to rise to the bait because guess what? That's exactly what they want you to do!

Bottom line: Whether it's trolling or not, JUST IGNORE IT. Their comments should not in any way affect your enjoyment of the thing in question.

Christ, it's like some people have never been on the internet before.

rofl.

OMG I can't wait for this; that trailer was EPIC.

Oh whats this ? People bitching over a comment which they can easily ignore and not just accept it that people may or may not like it ?

CRAP, LOCK THE THREAD! FLAME WARS ARE GETTING TO POINT OF THE LAUNCH OF MASS DESTURCTION! WE'RE GOING OVERBOARD! EVERY USER FOR THEMSELFS!

Seriously. some people

Woah I go away for a few hours, and I do this, wanted to mod my post before but here goes. I admitted myself as a troll cause the basic mindset for me is after the 1st anniversary video (Which was really good and enjoyed it), Kickassia felt like a drag, while lot of effort was put into it,but it is really really wasted, and bad, on many levels, sure okay you could admit that seeing the Critic in a Street Fighter costume, or Linkara acting as General Patton in a star-trek suit is awesome for some, but it does not mean, it is actually funny.
Couple of things, while I do go in with a negative mindset with this video (Suburban Knights), the rest of the crossover videos.. I actually like and they're very funny ? Why ? Because that does not feel forced, the entire Kickassia was okay ? I guess ? Do we really need to do this ? Its the same problem I had with Linkara's story arc within the reviews, it felt unnecessary, aaaannnndd sometimes took away from the jokes. Here okay It might be different but the trailer did not exactly get my hopes up.

Just because you take jokes from other media, and film a LARP session, does not make it good.
They really should take some cues from the RedvsBlue makers cause their shorts are really well made and funnier.

Humor is subjective, we can all admit that, and it's fine if you don't like something but why come in and say something that people could read as 'I think this will suck and I'm not really going to give it a chance' instead of just explaining that you didn't really like Kickassia and have doubts you'll like this?

I'm sorry but I severely have to disagree with your opinion that Kickassia wasn't any good. I thought they did a fantastic job on it. It wasn't the fact that Linkara went all Patton or Critic was dressed up in M. Bison gear (though admittedly seeing both was really cool) that made it great, but for the fact of the people themselves who worked on the project. The slow progression of Spoony into Doctor Insano was done very well; the little touches, like adding a lab coat on him, then stethoscope and the like was very nicely done.

Will agree that Red vs Blue is great, but I just don't think you saw the things in Kickassia that made it a great piece. Now, of course, you are entitled to your own opinion but sometimes you have to stop and take a closer look at things too.

Re: The Third Year Anniversary of TGWTG.com Teaser
« Reply #251 on: Today at 03:34:11 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify
Quote from: NonEmoAsmodeusCultist on Today at 09:45:11 AM
This is a comment.

This is trolling.

And so is this.

Why is it trolling?

3- It's just an insult.

C'mon, do you think after the last year's turd it's going to change now? TGWTG anniversary with bad everything is not a rarity, it's a natural phenomenon.

And you could as well support facts why Kickassia was great. Oh, but you say that it was ''cool'' because it was written by retarded manchild. Well it's not even an opinion.

Quote from: phoenixjustice on Today at 02:12:32 PM
I'm sorry but I severely have to disagree with your opinion that Kickassia wasn't any good. I thought they did a fantastic job on it. It wasn't the fact that Linkara went all Patton or Critic was dressed up in M. Bison gear (though admittedly seeing both was really cool) that made it great, but for the fact of the people themselves who worked on the project. The slow progression of Spoony into Doctor Insano was done very well; the little touches, like adding a lab coat on him, then stethoscope and the like was very nicely done.

Will agree that Red vs Blue is great, but I just don't think you saw the things in Kickassia that made it a great piece. Now, of course, you are entitled to your own opinion but sometimes you have to stop and take a closer look at things too.

Actually it's kind of funny, that in Official Highlander forums you have full rights to bash HL2 and 5, but here just one tiny wrong word about Doug Walker's giant turdoid and everyone suddenly wants to feed you to sharks. That's not very civil, to say at least.

No, we're civil. But not to the little children who call anything they don't like a "turdoid". Come back when you're learned proper English and manners, then we'll talk.

Civil doesn't mean by blowing fuses over one comment which was ''please don't'' in answer to other comment about watching this new movie and to see with how much bad jokes they can come up with.

The reason we said that was to prevent further flame wars.

... and in the process more or less created one. Congratulations.

God damn I'm a prophet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom