Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Those dwarves are more like bears though. And bears are icky. Otters are where it's at. :smug:

021.jpg

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
http://krauserpua.com/2013/03/27/what-your-choice-of-video-game-says-about-your-smp-rank/

What your choice of video game says about your Sexual Value rank

March 27, 2013 35 Comments
I’m in a frivilous mood so here’s an idea I’m throwing out only half-seriously, one that came to me while trying to decide which game to play once I’ve finished the new Rage DLC (scorchers). The male domination hierarchy drives not just how women respond to you sexually but also your self-image, other men’s reactions, and the type of entertainment you’ll pursue. Our identities are expressed through our consumption choices, our fashion choices, and how we spend our time. So let’s apply that to video games.
Alpha: Command & Conquer, Rome Total War, Evil Genius

Bang! Smash! Kill!

The alpha male sits atop the male hierarchy giving orders to his lackeys then sitting back to smoke a cigar while he watches the world be remade in his image. He’s intensely competitive and loves to exercise his will upon a hostile world. He seeks decisive victory. Thus what better games than those where he commands armies, ripping thousands of little computer people from their little computer homes and sending them to certain death as they scythe through enemy lands looting and pillaging.
Sigma: Far Cry 3, Hitman Absolution, Dark Souls

Hunt and kill

The sigma walks alone on the fringes of society, heedless of its demands and determined to make his own way. The world is a playground and his mission to perfect his own skills for his own sake, to extract from it the little he needs to get by. He wishes for no affiliations, no crusade to join. So what better games than an open world sandbox with animals to hunt, pirates to assassinate, factions to play off against each other and the whole thing played at your own pace, free to pick and choose your own action? Who is a more symbolic archetype of the sigma mindset than the international assassin?
Beta: Gears of War, Call of Duty (single player), Battlefield

Yes, there’s a woman in there. Sassy.

Beta males are followers. They are looking for a cause higher than their own, to be pointed in a direction then sent off to surmount the obstacles and prove their worth. Thus we have long-winded save-the-world campaigns where you slot into a fire-team and play “follow the NPC”. There’s so much gushing about defending your homeland, team spirit and yes…. duty. I’ve replaced COD multiplayer (a lone-wolf twitch-fest) with Battlefield because the later better expresses the coordinated teamwork and class-based role-following that appeals to the beta drone.
Gamma: Final Fantasy, Mass Effect, Metal Gear Solid

Low testosterone environment

The gamma male is tortured by the cognitive dissonance between his self-perceived superiority (springing from his high intelligence) and his actual lowly SMP rank (springing from his feminisation). This conflict expresses itself in snark, excessive complication, and an appreciation for labyrinthian story-based RPGs that reward obsessive play. If the boring long-winded too-smart-by-half snarky lefty anti-capitalist message of MGS isn’t proof enough, just look at a photo of its creator Hideo Kojima. A high-acheiving gamma if ever there was one. Gammas want to play games that remind them how clever they are. They want to be the reluctant hero who saves the world he holds in contempt. They want the final cut-scene that vindicates them for being right all along. And they really like feminised bland characters.
Omega: World of Warcraft, Skyrim

No toilets to get your head flushed down

The thing omegas have far more than everyone else is time. With no social life to distract them the omega is free to over-invest in endless grinding RPGs, building a virtual self that can rank higher than his real-world incarnation. Online, no-one knows you’re a dog. The omega can access social communication through MMORPGs but with buffers that avoid the real world rejection he is used to. In Skyrim he can lose himself completely in a fully-featured virtual world where he is always the hero. This is the true escapism.
An overreach?
BTW, I’d love to know how the Sci-Fi and Fantasy genres are mapped by SMP rank. I don’t read much but I’d guess Asimov is for gammas, Herbert for betas, Star Trek for manginas and Doctor Who for omegas. However, I don’t know the scene well enough to judge.

I think he is right about the Gammas and Omegas though:M

Jashiin

Arcane
Well this bandwagon might just collapse under its own weight, if this goes on for much longer.

Dexter

Arcane
Btw. that's the sorceress:
sorcereri______a____________i_______PSD_jpgcopy.jpg

And some screens:
dragonscrown1.jpg

dc_e3_04.jpg

screenshot_psvita_dragons_crown018.jpg

screenshot_psvita_dragons_crown012.jpg

screenshot_psvita_dragons_crown017.jpg

I'm kinda partial to the art style, but I don't own or want any of the required console toys.

They're just pissed cause Japanese and Eastern European devs couldn't give two shits about their bullshit and more often than not react like this to it:
tumblr_mgc61kAeAP1re1sgdo1_500.png

14F2Q.png

Kamiya_tweet_Bayonetta_2_2.png

kamiyahaybn.png

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
BTE is some kind of a nomad thread. Post some social lolstice game article. Move it to politics. Post about some jrpg. Move it to desudesu. Post about popamole. move it to popamole,etc,etc. My sugestion: Make a subforum for BTE.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
This thread has like 600 pages of lulz, it's not as if two pages of unrelated discussion are going to ruin it.

YOUR ANUS HAS LET OUT LIKE 600 THOUSAND LUMPS OF SHIT, IT'S NOT AS IF TWO COCKS RAMMED IN ARE GOING TO RUIN IT.

:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x
ALJKF WELGNLFNGOVJREOIGJBFDF

See, I can't remember for sure whether I was actually angry or thought I was making a great joke last night.

Don't drink and post, kids.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Gamasutra said:
Third: The picture is of large, muscular, bearded guys. Gross, right? Who could be sexually attracted to that? Well, me, for starters. While the actual picture in question doesn't do it for me, that's broadly the type of guy I like. So now I feel stupid because George Kamitani thinks this is ridiculous.
And who could be sexually attracted to a ridiculous large, muscular woman?

edit. Kotaku readers never fail to amuse me :lol:

2u889cz.jpg

dnf

Pedophile
Dumbfuck Shitposter
"casual homophobia" :lol:

edit: That second article could be summed up in a simple "I really like RTS".
He also puts FC3, Hitman and Dark Souls on a positive light. The article is just dumb though. Liking Macho characters or games with macho behaviour does not correlate to one guy being the real deal.

You people get really angry at the idea of women who wear clothes.
Because not caring about removing loli bodybuilders from the premises equals not liking composed woman? Unlike the feminists burka enforcers, we like variety.

Gozma

Arcane
The hypermasculinized warrior guy actually does have a Japanese "beautiful boy" face that was created to get girls to buy romance comics where guys with those faces are the boyfriends. I'm not saying having 800 kilos of trapezius muscle is sexualization for girls rather than hypermasculine fantasy for boys, but the face is genuine "girl gaze" material

Zeriel

Arcane
I really don't like that art style, but it has nothing to do with it being sexualized or not. Gaming journalists continue to be a painful reminder that the human race was a mistake.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Gamers too. Nothing with being sexualized he says. Grow the fuck up.

Tehdagah

Arcane
The term 'attractive' is more correct than 'sexualized'. Same for 'over-sexualized'. It should be 'exceptionally attractive'.

Tytus

Arcane
I wonder if she has back problems. It seems so. Those tits are so heavy she needs a walking stick.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom