Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Chris Avellone ‏@ChrisAvellone1m
Long flight. Open Kindle. Kindle broke at some point during day. Cracked screen unreadable. Slow descent into time-numbing madness begins.

:(

FFS who goes on a long flight with no inflight entertainment system, unless it's a private jet? And if it's a private jet, why doesn't he just bring out his laptop and use the in-flight internet like any normal person does?

MCA continues to disappoint. I may have to defriend him on Steam.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Wasn't aware so many codexers were stilll living with their parents/family. :eek:

Yeah, you try living on 678 reais and affording rent AND eating AND paying bus fare AND having eletricity AND having water. That kinda shit simply doesn't exist.

We have social service paying you a room as a student around here. Part time jobs are usually enough to pay the rent here as well. You don't have some kind of student aid in your country?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
After some travels aroud the world, you'll begin to notice that what really defines a third world country is how the goverment does little else other than fuck you.... :(

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
We have social service paying you a room as a student around here. Part time jobs are usually enough to pay the rent here as well. You don't have some kind of student aid in your country?

Jesus, where do you live? As a student in South Africa I not only have to pay my own living, I also do not even get any benefits from the government. I'm currently looking at getting a second part-time job or maybe even a full-time job, then shifting my studies to part-time, simply because my budget gets stretched thinner and thinner every month.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Jesus, where do you live? As a student in South Africa I not only have to pay my own living, I also do not even get any benefits from the government. I'm currently looking at getting a second part-time job or maybe even a full-time job, then shifting my studies to part-time, simply because my budget gets stretched thinner and thinner every month.

The German university system is pretty famous for being generous to a fault.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Wasn't aware so many codexers were stilll living with their parents/family. :eek:
What's so " :eek " about it? If one has okay family, it's certainly better to live at home than with some young people that are prone to partying, drinking and other disruptive behaviour.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Having fun is disruptive behaviour? Oh wait, nvm. ; p Also, no one said you have to live with a group of people in one Apartment, can rent a room for yourself too. Kind of a thread derailment heh

Gerrard

Arcane
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/04/23/s...by-its-complexity-says-blacklist-studio-head/

Splinter Cell’s popularity is held back by its complexity, says Blacklist studio head

37 Comments
Phil Savage at 03:39pm April 23 2013

Splinter Cell: Conviction may have starred a more action-heavy version of Sam Fisher than was seen in his Third Echelon days, but – even with its lighter, more fluid stealth systems – Ubisoft’s Jade Raymond thinks its complexity has still had an effect on the series’ appeal. Speaking to Eurogamer, the Ubisoft Toronto managing director said the games’ comparative difficulty has made them less popular to modern audiences.
“One of the things that held it back is despite all of the changes that have happened over the years, it’s still one of the more complex and difficult games to play,” Raymond said. “Even though we do have core fans who are like, ‘Oh, I want to have more of this experience,’ when you play any other game that has stealth elements, they’re all a lot more forgiving than Splinter Cell.
“I guess Splinter Cell stayed with the most pure approach to that stealth experience.”
Raymond points to the “planning” phase of the game – the moment before entering a room where you’re forced to assess the situation. “You’ve got to spend some time thinking, right, so where are the guys positioned? How will I get through here? Where’s cover? How do I hide? Okay, I’m going to shoot out those lights. ‘This is my strategy’ is an important first phase.
“By default there aren’t many games where that’s the phase. Most games you can walk in and you start shooting right away, or you just walk in and you improvise as you go along.”
Despite this, Raymond isn’t advocating any further simplification with the upcoming Blacklist. Instead, Ubisoft Toronto are focusing on choice. “In this game we do have a broader range of play styles possible than ever before,” she said.
“We brought back the purest hardcore version, which is, you want to ghost through the level and get through it without killing a single person. Every single thing you want to do you can do in a non-lethal way. That requires the most planning and being the most strategic.”
For further challenge, you can even ghost through levels in Perfectionist mode – which removes features like Mark and Execute. “That’s for those who want to plan it out and feel really smart, and, ‘I’m going to use the Sticky Cam with the Sleeping Gas and them I’m going to whistle and the guy’s going to come,’ and do the full set-up.”
Jon Blyth came away from his hands-on time with Blacklist’s Perfectionist mode convinced of it’s Splinter Cell heritage, saying: “This isn’t a dumbing down of Splinter Cell – it’s taking the slick style of Conviction and bringing it back into official ghost ops.” You can read his full preview here.
For more from Raymond, check out Eurogamer’s full interview.
:hero:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
After some travels aroud the world, you'll begin to notice that what really defines a third world country is how the goverment does little else other than fuck you.... :(

All any ruler, hereditary or elected, ever did was to fuck their subjects in the rectum with rusty bayonet. Democracy only means you may become the one holding the bayonet without being a :retarded: spawn of some incestuous degenerates.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Having fun is disruptive behaviour? Oh wait, nvm. ; p
It is disruptive behaviour if it involves noise like loud music and drinking so much alcohol that it changes behaviours beyond just being relaxed.
There's a lot of ways to have fun without being a public nuisance.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

All any ruler, hereditary or elected, ever did was to fuck their subjects in the rectum with rusty bayonet. Democracy only means you may become the one holding the bayonet without being a :retarded: spawn of some incestuous degenerates.

Barack Obama, President 2009-?: maternal Grandfather was a member of the OSS (pre-cursor to CIA), mother a member of the Ford Foundation, childhood friend in Indonesia was Tim Geithner, until recently the Treasury Secretary to Obama, Obama graduated from Harvard. His opponent in 2000 was John McCain, who did not attend Harvard, Princeton or Yale, but the US Naval Academy. His dad and granddad were both 4-star admirals, however. Obama's 2008 opponent was a man who was able to get back into form. Mitt Romney received his MBA from Harvard.

George W Bush, President 2001-2009: Father was former President and former CIA director, alma mater of Harvard and Yale. Opponent in 2000 was former Senator Al Gore, Harvard alumni, whose father was a US Congressman. Opponent in 2004 was John Kerry, former Yale alumni and son of a Foreign Service Officer.

All 9 Supreme Court Justices have alma maters from Harvard, Princeton, and/or Yale.

Nope. No incestuousness in our political and legal systems. As long as you attend the right schools, which practice a form of intellectual incestuousness.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If you mean the Corona regni Bohemiae politicians, then I've met most of them ;)
Personally? Poor you.

No, I didn't "meet" them in the biblical sense :D
I just have to live with them.

Although it's the same everywhere else I guess...except fucking scandinavian Elysium where everyone is healthy, smart and rich and the government is a bunch of saints :)

Lancehead

Liturgist
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/04/23/s...by-its-complexity-says-blacklist-studio-head/

Splinter Cell’s popularity is held back by its complexity, says Blacklist studio head

37 Comments
Phil Savage at 03:39pm April 23 2013

Splinter Cell: Conviction may have starred a more action-heavy version of Sam Fisher than was seen in his Third Echelon days, but – even with its lighter, more fluid stealth systems – Ubisoft’s Jade Raymond thinks its complexity has still had an effect on the series’ appeal. Speaking to Eurogamer, the Ubisoft Toronto managing director said the games’ comparative difficulty has made them less popular to modern audiences.
“One of the things that held it back is despite all of the changes that have happened over the years, it’s still one of the more complex and difficult games to play,” Raymond said. “Even though we do have core fans who are like, ‘Oh, I want to have more of this experience,’ when you play any other game that has stealth elements, they’re all a lot more forgiving than Splinter Cell.
“I guess Splinter Cell stayed with the most pure approach to that stealth experience.”
Raymond points to the “planning” phase of the game – the moment before entering a room where you’re forced to assess the situation. “You’ve got to spend some time thinking, right, so where are the guys positioned? How will I get through here? Where’s cover? How do I hide? Okay, I’m going to shoot out those lights. ‘This is my strategy’ is an important first phase.
“By default there aren’t many games where that’s the phase. Most games you can walk in and you start shooting right away, or you just walk in and you improvise as you go along.”
Despite this, Raymond isn’t advocating any further simplification with the upcoming Blacklist. Instead, Ubisoft Toronto are focusing on choice. “In this game we do have a broader range of play styles possible than ever before,” she said.
“We brought back the purest hardcore version, which is, you want to ghost through the level and get through it without killing a single person. Every single thing you want to do you can do in a non-lethal way. That requires the most planning and being the most strategic.”
For further challenge, you can even ghost through levels in Perfectionist mode – which removes features like Mark and Execute. “That’s for those who want to plan it out and feel really smart, and, ‘I’m going to use the Sticky Cam with the Sleeping Gas and them I’m going to whistle and the guy’s going to come,’ and do the full set-up.”
Jon Blyth came away from his hands-on time with Blacklist’s Perfectionist mode convinced of it’s Splinter Cell heritage, saying: “This isn’t a dumbing down of Splinter Cell – it’s taking the slick style of Conviction and bringing it back into official ghost ops.” You can read his full preview here.
For more from Raymond, check out Eurogamer’s full interview.
:hero:
Wonder if she actually believes all that.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Or you could live with your girlfrie...
Oh nvm.

Fuck that shit. My girlfriend can stay over every once in a while, but there's no way I'd live with someone I'm dating permanently.

"Honey, stop throwing your clothes on the floor. Honey, give me attention. Honey, nag nag nag nag nag nag nag."

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Maybe all this non game-related side discussion would be more suitable if cut out and made into a 'Where do you keep your computer and why? DISCUSS' thread in GD.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
This thread has like 600 pages of lulz, it's not as if two pages of unrelated discussion are going to ruin it.

YOUR ANUS HAS LET OUT LIKE 600 THOUSAND LUMPS OF SHIT, IT'S NOT AS IF TWO COCKS RAMMED IN ARE GOING TO RUIN IT.

:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x
ALJKF WELGNLFNGOVJREOIGJBFDF

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom