Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Thane Solus

Arcane
ponies_of_might_and_magic_3_1_by_rover4fun-d4s5ccl.jpg

Cassidy

Arcane
Problemes with mods is that they often are better than the original game

Which is why DRM-filled shit totally impossible to mod became the norm in AAA+ popamole: iff modders do horse armor for free, there is no way to turn a profit.

Unless it's Bethesda which doesn't really make games totally impossible to mod but still milks all that crap for its stupid fanbase.

Of course they have no shame about letting modders "fix" their games...

:balance: :hearnoevil:

Regdar

Arcane
I have this thing where I can't play the game if it was modified in any way from its original "1.0" boxed version. Official patches are fine, though. Anyone else out there share my condition?

Kirtai

Augur
Of course they have no shame about letting modders "fix" their games...
I was curious and had a look at the unoffical patches for Skyrim and wtf at the number of fixes and needing extra patches for each DLC and they need cleaned of broken shit too. It looks worse than the Oblivion bug array. I didn't expect them to actually get worse. More fool me I suppose.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I have this thing where I can't play the game if it was modified in any way from its original "1.0" boxed version. Official patches are fine, though. Anyone else out there share my condition?
I hear it's actually pretty common

Regdar

Arcane
I hear it's actually pretty common

Nice try, but I think it's more of a "MCA playing Arcanum without any mods to stay true to the developers' vision for the game" type of thing.

Or so I'd like to believe.

Turjan

Arcane
I hear that's common, but I cannot really understand this. For example Simcity 4 with fan patches and fan traffic mod is excellent, whereas the official game is pretty mediocre.

Even if you have a worse experience with the game, due to (for example) official patches not being sufficient? You're missing on one of the main advantages of PC gaming over consoles.

edit: And as you can see with MCA's playthrough, "game in its released state" isn't always "game according to the designers' vision". They have to deal with time and budget constraints, what they put out is often just what they managed to put out in time.

Apparently MCA has such low regard for his comrades he believes they intended it to be full of bugs.

Delterius

Arcane

I always play a game unmoded for the first time, to stay true to the original vision. After that, through, its happy modding fun time!

I sometimes do this too, but there should be exceptions for any PC gamer. For one bugfixes, while the 'developer's vision' may suffer from modder tampering, it certainly isn't conveyed through bugs - hence why I think the MCA example is kind of silly. Another one I can think of are cosmetic changes, if you're into that.

But never ever partaking into the full power of PC gaming is something that goes well beyond my mind.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Problemes with mods is that they often are better than the original game
"LOOK AT ME, I'M FROM 2011 AND I SUCK COCKS. ALL THE COCKS. GOBBLE GOBBLE OH GOD I'M SWIMMING IN COCKS. SO MANY COCKS TO SUCK. Also I'm wrong."

Jesus fucking me in the ass, will there ever be a good poster with a 2011 join date?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
http://steamcommunity.com/app/232750/discussions/0/810923021657006026/

the Witcher,Mars Warlogs-male?

I am female.I like games,especially RPG`s.Are there any game makers out there who realise how annoying it is to NOT be given the choice of being female as your character? I play Skyrim,thankyou guys and gals who designed this amazing game!! AND I get to be female.The Witcher however,which I realise is an older game, possibly they didn`t have the knowhow to give us the options to choose our sex.
I would have thought that Mars warlogs,being a new game,would have given me the option of being female?seemingly ,no :( I probably shall not be buying it simply because of that.Maybe someone who has bought it can tell me I am wrong,I hope so!!

Why can't I play as a woman in a game with an estabilished character or a game set in a men's prison?

You are telling about Mass Effect as an example. Well, guess what: femshep is MALE! Her animation is not really feminine, psychologycally she's a man. I know, the reason for that is that she's an elite soldier and stuff, but just proves the point: we have a male caucasian soldier as main hero. You can change his skin color, his voice, but that doesn't really matter.
As for Skyrim... well, it's easy to make anything from a character with personality of a wardrobe.
I'm sick of developers adding gender options just for the sake of it!

Dude, stop being so stereotypically white Caucasian.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The game starts in a war prison (men only) were a kid is going to be r@ped hard.
Dunno, could be kinda weird to find one gal down here.

Also, since the game makers seem to not even care of lefties gamers, they prolly won't take care of female gamers i guess (hope you're not a lefty female cause in that case you're screwed big time lol).

But yeah, your rant is somewhat understandable.

Forget gender discrimination, discrimination against lefties is more crucial!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom