Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best thread ever.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Well, I guess that clears it up. We totally neglected to peruse the totally reliable gaming media. Oblivion will be the best RPG ever. Better than Halo, even.

Blacklung

Arbiter
The geological, topographical, theological pancake
Nay, better than Christ's saving power.

thechrist4ug.jpg

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Apparently, Bethesda didn't dumb the game down enough, it's still a fucking puzzle for some people:

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... pic=231090

Hi

You may wonder why I made this thread, since a lot of you obviously already know what your class is gonna be and which skills to focus on.
Well I for one is in the situation that fantasy worlds, rpg computer games, Lord of the rings etc. isn't the things I know most about in this world.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I came up with the idea of making this thread to people like myself who don't know what all those minor/major skills are good for and what classes usually use them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to play as a warrior/knight (good guy who help people sort things out), what do you suggest I choose for major/minor skills? I already know I need heavy armor, block, blunt weapons and perhaps some healing skills if it's included. But beyond those I have no idea of what to choose. Please help me smile.gif

Other players in the same situation as myself is welcome to use this thread.

--------------------
AMD 64 3500+
HIS Radeon X800XT PE
2x512 MB Crucial Ballistix PC3200
I fondly remember the time when only the smart people had computers.

Chefe

Erudite
@VD: This is gold:

Big red HI guy said:
I'm going to play as a warrior/knight (good guy who help people sort things out), what do you suggest I choose for major/minor skills?

Some Illiterate Idiot said:
Assassin type class:

Blade
Sneak
Marksman
Alchemy
Acrobatics
Athletics
Light Armor

Recommened Birthsign:The Tower.

Anyways, this whole thing has to be pretty discouraging for Bethesda. I hope they make it easy by having only two skills in TES V... WEAPAN and MAGIK. You choose one and begin your adventure!

Data4

Arcane
Whoah... KC, slow down there, guy. Too much exposure to the ESF can cause increases in blood pressure and general stress levels, bursts of homocidal anger, and the dire need to break something-- particularly something that can experience pain.

-D4

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
It's okay...I just got temporarily banned for responding to the Dark Elf thread, demanding screenshots to know if the dark elf chicks have massive tits or not.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Oh! It's so near! Can you guys feel it! I can feel Oblivion coming closer, the herald of angels! I just know that when I see the Holy Title Screen I will lapse into seizures of bliss! All hail! All hail!!

Blacklung

Arbiter
The geological, topographical, theological pancake
What if one of them has 1337 H4X05 5K1775? They might try and hack it to death. No wait, the only truly angry people would be the crazy Xbox Fanbois who barely understand the concept of grammar. Some how I doubt they'd be able to grasp ahold of the concept of intelligent hacking.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom