Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best thread ever.

Balor

Arcane
Hmm, while Temoid is absolutely right, I DO know that faction and fraction are different and unrelated words...
It must be some sort of Freudian finger slip, heh.

Data4

Arcane
Bidjou said:
For your eyes pleasure take this :<gay fucking picture removed>

Lol they're dumbasses,roooflles lolerskaters yipee

Considering you posted it in just about every active forum here... yer pretty proud of that gay fucking picture, eh?

-D4

Human Shield

Augur
Balor said:
Hmm, while Temoid is absolutely right, I DO know that faction and fraction are different and unrelated words...
It must be some sort of Freudian finger slip, heh.

Actually you were copying what I wrote and I always say fractions because I rarely say it in my mind as "fac"-tions

aweigh

Arcane
BSG rules.

Although last firday's episode was pretty medicore. They really need to stick with the good actors on that show and devote less screentime to the nuggets.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Anyway, stop derailing this thread.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... pic=233208

What if, after OB's release, it did tremendously well (which I do not doubt), sold millions of copies, and broke every assumpsion associated with a video game (which I also do not doubt)?

Then, other developers, seeing that the conventional way of making RPGs is outdated, decide to capitalize on everything that makes the Elder Scrolls good (openness, character development, etc.).

Therefore, in the resulting fray of imitation games, TES is no longer original. It is "old".

This happened to a certain game that starts with an "H" and ends with an "O".
It's alarming that people could be so stupid.

Zomg

Arbiter
This happened to a certain game that starts with an "H" and ends with an "O".

That was like a New York Times Sunday crossword puzzle clue to me.

Data4

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
It's alarming that people could be so stupid.

From the "Ignorance is Bliss" file:

Some Mindless Goatfucking Living Example of Why PC Gaming Sucks Nowadays said:
Nothing is confirmed as with facts or anything, but I can tell you that the encouragement I receive everyday in knowing that so many other people feel the same way I do about Oblivion and the TES series in general is astounding.

Rumor has it that the thread was closed because even the Borg moderators couldn't possibly stand another round of Kumba-Ya.

-D4

aweigh

Arcane
BLAH BLAH OLBIVION CRAP

I can't remember who Grace Park is on the show, but it's not the blonde cylone. The blonde cylon is Tricia something, and she looks like a man... baby. EASILY the hottest chick on that show is Cally, the hangar deckhand. MMM MMM.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Have you ever wondered how many different characters you can create in Oblivion? Mathematically speaking, 12,799,358,210,000 possible characters. You don't have to take my word for it, you can read the scientific research right here:

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... pic=232999

10 (races) * 3 (class emphasis) * 8 (1st attribute) * 7 (2nd attribute) * 13 (birth signs) * 21 (1st class skill) * 20 (2nd class skill) * 19 (3rd class skill) * 18 (4th class skill) * 17 (5th class skill) * 16 (6th class skill) * 15 (7th class skill) = 12,799,358,210,000 Possible Characters

Wow thats alot of different Characters! hubbahubba.gif
Hmm, can't argue with numbers, can you? Let's see how the scientific community reacted to this news:

Is that including that you may play as a male or female for different characters as well?
if you include the "looks" of your character, the possibilities are infinite.
Imagine you can play a game as a brown-haired fighter, then as a blond-haired fighter, then as a bold fighter, then ... The possibilities are truly endless!

That a crazy amount of possibilities i like it!!!!
Exactly!

The funny part is, it's a 3-page thread.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
That's way more than Fallout.
7 Stats * 3 tags * 18 skills * 16 traits * 3 tags * 50 stat points * (2+2) trait slots = 3628800 possible combinations.
12,799,358,210,000/3,628,800 = 3527160.00055

Oblivion has 3,527,160 times Fallout's character depth!! RPGs sure have progressed a lot. Take that Codex Hive Mind!

Thrawn05

Scholar
Don't forget they count EVERY combination of skills.

Like this:

Major:
Heavy Armor
Medium Armor
SPEARS!!!
Mercantile
Blunt Axe
----
Major:
Medium Armor
Heavy Armor
SPEARS!!!
Mercantile
Blunt Axe

Those are two different combinations!!!! :D

Drain

Scholar
Vault Dweller said:
12,799,358,210,000 Possible Characters
Wow, 12,799,358,210,000 Possible Characters and only 3 roles?

Don't forget they count EVERY combination of skills.

Like this:

Major:
Heavy Armor
Medium Armor
SPEARS!!!
Mercantile
Blunt Axe
----
Major:
Medium Armor
Heavy Armor
SPEARS!!!
Mercantile
Blunt Axe

Those are two different combinations!!!!
I am so excited now!
Oblivion rules 'nuff said :)

aweigh

Arcane
What the f? Where did the picture of Jamie Bamber go? This is hilarious, first VD bitches about an Oblivion thread getting off-track then he one-ups the ESF forums in the censorship department. :D

Heil VD!

EDIT: Due to popular demand, here is again... at least until his bulging muscles make VD nervous again and he goes all ESF on us.

Data4

Arcane
aweigh said:
What the f? Where did the picture of Jamie Bamber go? This is hilarious, first VD bitches about an Oblivion thread getting off-track then he one-ups the ESF forums in the censorship department. :D

Heil VD!

EDIT: Due to popular demand, here is again... at least until his bulging muscles make VD nervous again and he goes all ESF on us.

And what the fuck does that have to do with the topic?

-D4

aweigh

Arcane
This is an Oblivion thread. That means it's suceptible to any kind of derailment, chicanary and assorted pictures. I mean, people post twirling dicks in a gif and that's alright, but I can't post a picture of one of the characters of Battlestar Galactica? I just find it amazing that it would get censored. It's just a picture of a guy covering himself up with a towel. I mean, what the fuck, does it make your dick too stiff to type? Pictures meant to derail and/or cause teh funny are usually ignored, like the picture of the knight riding a horse and holding an apple, but to be outright censored without saying anything about it is just mind-blowing to me. Might as well be the ESF forums. Sorry, next time I'll just post black people with guns in their belts and watermelons in their hands, that's more up to the Codex's standards.

Data4

Arcane
The point is, even though there aren't draconian rules here like the ESF, it's nice to have SOME kind of order. I mean, this thread was started as a place to mock the stupidity of ESFers, so one would think that the topic should stick to that.

Now it's true, some threads stray off topic, but it's a natural progression. Someone will make an afterthought remark, and then someone will comment on it. Soon, the thread is off topic. The difference here is that your attempts are contrived and... well... pointless.

-D4

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom