Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best thread ever.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
SHE WILL BE AMONG MY FIRST VICTEMS!!!
MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
MUAHAHAHAHAHA@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keybordsrhard said:
ahem, slow, slow ,,slow ,slow painful, painful, painful, painful agonizing agonizing agonizing death, mostl ikely paralyze down some stairs, then using the cs bring her to the top of the tower, and then paralyze her, throw her off and fire arrows at her corpse as it hits the ground. then using the cs add asmrour to her corpse and throw it into a lake. yes, that osudns right.
yah lol

i'll go into the CS and script it so her health is dependant on her dogs.
That one's actually funny.

Master Thief

Scholar
I go to the official every once and a while for the same reason people like to see a car accident on the highway.

There was a thread there this morning that is no longer there because it was so stupid I think the moderators deleted it out of shame.

It had something to do with "What if the box Oblivion comes in is too cramped and damages the disc".....

What was embarrassing was that almost everyone took this question seriously.

Nog Robbin

Scholar
Section8 said:
yes, that osudns right.

Magic. If that was a game of "Mastermind", that word would get four white pegs and two black ones. That's an impressive typo.

:lol: Good point. I registered the typo, but never analysed it in such depth. Top marks! :D

MINIGUNWIELDER

Scholar
Actually, it makes it MORE of one. You are actually playing a role. When people refer to "real" rpgs, I think they mean "old fashioned" rpgs.
[snapback]4228931[/snapback]​

the horror

It seems like people want to take laziness to a whole new level.
Pretty soon you'll have video games that play themselves (Oh Wait, those are called "movies").
This is a true rpg, and the "block skill" as you say doesn't make it a non-rpg by any means.
[snapback]4227676[/snapback]​

everyone reply to that on the esf NOW!

Klinn

Novice
This is not just going on at the official TES forums - at the Electronics Boutique site 81 people have written 'reviews' of a game that they haven't played yet. Including this gem:

HELLZ YEAH PART 2
armour i mean totol coolness im buying for pc of corse and any smart boy or girl would becaus mods mods mods i eat sleep and think oblivion i was thinking about armors and new skills oh and its not lvl based any more its all skill you whant high sword then just start killng stuff with your sword its awsome i mean crak addict awsome i mean i might drop out of school to play this game its my baby my pride and joy i love this game im playing it in my sleep no no im living it in my sleep thx for hearing me out see yaa
I swear I didn't run that through a preprocessor to remove all punctuation and caps, that's a verbatim quote.

Kraszu

Prophet
For Is Oblivion turning into an action adventure?, continued from locked thread" topic

Is the game fun to play?

That's the only question that needs to be asked. People tend to come in with all the preconceived notions about what should be going on in the game, what skills should be tested, what genre the game should be in. Just let it go, forget about that crap.

Who needs those old times cattegories of games, we are now in the NEXT-GEN, it should be only FUN TO PLAY or NOT FUN TO PLAY, and the developer should decide whitch one.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Lumpy said:
But hey, there are lots of people with a common sense there.
And an awfully huge lot of people doesn't have a glimmer of it.

As one of "your" lots said, there are many people who actually consider traditional RPGs "not fun" and Bethesda is deRPGifying TES for them.

Levski 1912

Scholar
Frodo? Legolas? ESF seems to be worse than the Village People.

console kiddy said:
Cloud from FF7

Final Fantasy and Oblivion combine to form a vortex of mediocrity that consumes the universe!

Rina

Scholar
Master Thief said:
this is reatarded...

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/inde ... &p=4288026

All the years I played Morrowind I never used a mod that was unofficial because I don't like addons that aren't cannon to the world lorewise. That's why I'm getting so excited about official mods for the 360; the horse armor will look beautiful.

So basically this guy is saying that he didnt use Better Bodies because TES lore says that people are born with their underwear attached to their skin? o_O

7th Circle

Scholar
Klinn said:
This is not just going on at the official TES forums - at the Electronics Boutique site 81 people have written 'reviews' of a game that they haven't played yet.

Jesus Fuckin Christ. How can people devote themselves wholehearted to the mere idea of a game??!

Drakron

Arcane
The same people that make a fuss up over cartoons about religious figures.

There are extremists in everything.

galsiah

Erudite

Chefe

Erudite
This isn't the best thread ever.

The title is very deceiving. It should be changed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom