Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Best thread ever.

Antiphon

Scholar
callehe said:
have you tried tubgirl?

www.tubgirl.cx

really good stuff. should bring you out of that trance of yours.

Well, not really. I'd tell you more of the benefits of apathy, but I just don't care to do so.

obediah

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
obediah said:
Well that and the thought of adding some annoying and vapid cunt NPC named 'Saner'.
:lol:

Edit: Don't forget to give her the toy bow.

I wouldn't dream of it.

The real interesting part will be when you finally get sick of her pining for dreamy legolas and hit the combat button. She will immediately ridicule your rebranded 1980's turn based fighting style and proceed to circle strafe you with her toy bow in real time (you are stuck in tb of course). Very quickly the weight of those little suction-cup toy arrows will encumber you , and you will be forced to apologise to her via a game of tetris.

bryce777

Erudite
Antiphon said:
You know, I saw a poll once at ESF that shows the average age there is something like 12-16.

I'm not sure why it's so rewarding for those in this thread to make fun of children.

Maybe it's because you all were just like them?

I've heard it said that there is pain behind some of the best humor.

Maybe you should be discussing you own painful childhoods.

edit: the poll was on the Oblivion forum and not representative of the entire ESF.

Children? No. Stupid children, of course.

Antiphon

Scholar
Levski 1912 said:
Don't forget a witch on a power-trip called "Summer".
She locked my one and only topic. I am not pleased. It was a poll asking if anyone intentionally started silly topics. I still think it would useful information.

Antiphon

Scholar
bryce777 said:
Antiphon said:
You know, I saw a poll once at ESF that shows the average age there is something like 12-16.

I'm not sure why it's so rewarding for those in this thread to make fun of children.

edit: the poll was on the Oblivion forum and not representative of the entire ESF.

So is child abuse appropriate if the child is stupid?

Stella Brando

Arcane
Stupid children shouldn't exist at all. They're proof of an insufficient national eugenics system.

Data4

Arcane
Antiphon said:
bryce777 said:
Antiphon said:

So is child abuse appropriate if the child is stupid?

If it's on the anarchy known as the internet, sure, why not?

-D4

Stella Brando

Arcane
Antiphon said:
stalin_brando said:
Stupid children shouldn't exist at all. They're proof of an insufficient national eugenics system.
I guess you prove that. :)

NOW I'M REALLY MAD!!! EEEEUUUUAAAAUUUUGGGGGHHHH!!!

jesus8fu.jpg

kris

Arcane
Antiphon said:

Sorry, don't get where this connection with "pain" comes from. I am sure most here can recollect that they where childish (no shit!) and laugh at some things they did once. But I can't see how that would make those things painful. PErsonallly I use to chuckle when I look at some things I did when I started playing PnP roleplaying games at the age of 14.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Saner said:
also if you watch fantasy RPG movies like Conan the Barbarian, you can study how much they would carry and leave behind etc.
I guess implementing a limited inventory would be too complex and stuff.

Saner said:
you should be able to (shoot multiple arrows) at higher levels.
I actually proposed something similar as Perk for Gothic3. The character could take three arrows out of the quiver to reduce downtime between shots, for instance. Maybe even shoot all arrows at once with reduced accuracy as last resort against a charging enemy. No?

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Heh, I completely overread that. Funny stuff and stuff.

But it would be cool to play an RPG with a really, really small inventory. Or where you can only carry "much" if you carry a bagpack. Which would be a hindrance in combat, and still not allow you to carry even half as much as most RPGs.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
I think theres more previewers with a PC Gaming Old school Bias to them that may be lieing about the graphics and such between the Console and the computer, over the Devs.
Whats not to trust the devs about?
The reviews are most likely wrong ...
The stupidity of these people is overwhelming.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom