Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Better, than the test site, blander than the past.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
It's honestly worse than kindergarten. Twiglard's gone to great lengths to basically strip the new layout of practically all the meaningful changes

Maybe because the meaningful changes were all garbage?

I said it many times before that the initial iteration of the new theme was terrible, and Twiglard has done a titanic job to have hammered it into a shape that is actually usable - to me it's still an aesthetic downgrade overall, but I can see myself getting used to it in the long run, albeit reluctantly.

You really like throwing the autism around, but methinks one has to be truly autistic to consider this swap a 'nothingburger'.

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
I don't think returning to old style is necessary but removing the overall clutter definitely is one. Especially the right-hand side of the posts and the borders around and background of ratings and numbers of such.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This new font is really, really hard on the eyes. The contrast is terrible with the background, way harder to read than before.

This is the main culprit of why it looks so bad.

Yeah, never had any problems before. But the site is really hard on the eyes now. The alert section, trying to find and read thing noticeable strained my eyes.

Siganatures are UNLOCKED.

Epic.

B9nAkh4.jpg

Mojobeard

Augur
I thought the process of turning everything nice looking was further along. Looks like shit.

At least make the pinned threads different color already.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Maybe because the meaningful changes were all garbage?

I said it many times before that the initial iteration of the new theme was terrible, and Twiglard has done a titanic job to have hammered it into a shape that is actually usable - to me it's still an aesthetic downgrade overall, but I can see myself getting used to it in the long run, albeit reluctantly.

You really like throwing the autism around, but methinks one has to be truly autistic to consider this swap a 'nothingburger'.

If you're able to look past the easily changed cosmetics and every small change, it's even less than that. But if every minute change induces a panic attack in your heart, then I believe it's a big deal, sure.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Regarding the shoutbox would be nice to have thematic channels so who wants to actually nerd out have not to deal with Schitzos,Drunk,On drugs people spering out about everything else. You can keep the General chat for that.

More organization would be nice.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
This new font is really, really hard on the eyes. The contrast is terrible with the background, way harder to read than before.

This is the main culprit of why it looks so bad.
Yes, that's right. Does somebody have the RGB codex of the old font and background handy? I think the contrast was better before, but it would be good to check. Taluntain Twiglard do you know what changed between forum versions in terms of font and contrast?

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
The effect of the "first change in 20 years" seems to have taken a large step in turning RPG Codex into yet another generic-looking 2020s forum. Sure, the forum will probably remain as appropriate as ever to discuss most things without fear of reprimand or trigger-happy banning. But in terms of visual identity I don't see how it's possible to argue this change doesn't turn RPG Codex into something cheap and mainstream. The place had 20 years to bitch about the dumbing down and streamlining of RPGs, and now it seems its own turn has come.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Has anyone seen my monocle? It seems to have gotten lost during the transfer.

Also, everyone can see whether I'm online or not, despite the option being ticked off in my Preferences.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Regarding the shoutbox would be nice to have thematic channels so who wants to actually nerd out have not to deal with Schitzos,Drunk,On drugs people spering out about everything else. You can keep the General chat for that.

More organization would be nice.
simmer down

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom