Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bioshock Infinite - the $200 million 6 hour literally on rails interactive movie with guns thread

Captain Shrek

Waitaminute.

His machine NOT only shows the Parallel universe BUT also allows entering it????? o_O

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
go to the nearest tranny factory then,faggot

Yes, that makes perfect sense. Your superiour transcendent logic has proven that comparing tiny mosquito bites with massive boobs in the previous post somehow equals something about trannies.
http://www.breastarticles.com/breast-enlargement-for-men.html
you're a faggot.

You're an turd-eating child molester.

I thought name-calling without any point was restricted to GD.

ohWOW

Sucking on dicks and being proud of it
Dumbfuck Queued
go to the nearest tranny factory then,faggot

Yes, that makes perfect sense. Your superiour transcendent logic has proven that comparing tiny mosquito bites with massive boobs in the previous post somehow equals something about trannies.
http://www.breastarticles.com/breast-enlargement-for-men.html
you're a faggot.

You're an turd-eating child molester.

I thought name-calling without any point was restricted to GD.
You are masturbating to this tranny site. It's a fact.

abija

Prophet
Except the Lutece scientists here did more than simply "discovering things": they helped build a massive city run by an American Hitler and helped kidnap Elizabeth --unless they are retarded, I'd say, yes, they need ulterior motives to do such things.

Also from the plot, Lutece is helping Comstock exclusively while not sharing their quantum discovery with the world below (it's hinted that the Sodom below doesn't have access to quantum magic). --Again maybe 1912 scientists are different but the first thing real scientists do after discovering quantum magic is to publish it and let the whole world know how it works. Why is Lutece not acting like a bona fide scientist? What's his motive?
From the voxoshit transcripts:
I had trapped the atom in the mid-air. Colleagues called my Lutece Field quantum levitation, but in fact, it was nothing of the sort. Magicians levitate-- my atom simply failed to fall. If an atom could be suspended indefinitely, well-- why not an apple? If an apple, why not a city?

The Lutece Field entangled my quantum atom with waves of light, allowing for safe measurement. Sound familiar, brother? That's because you were measuring precisely the same atom from a neighboring world. We used the universe as a telegraph. Switching the field on or off became dots and dashes. Dreadfully slow-- but now, you and I could whisper through the wall...

Brother, what Comstock failed to understand is that our contraption is a window not into prophecy, but probability. But his money means the Lutece Field could become the Lutece Tear -- a window between worlds. A window through which you and I might finally be together.

So she showed her discovery, Comstock was probably the only one believing she could do it (and provide a flying ark). While working on the technology she discovers Robert and needs Comstock's money to bring him over.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Everyone exaggerating this game on both sides is making themselves look emotional and silly. It's not horrible, nor is it amazing. It's not incline, but it's certainly not decline compared to most modern shooters.

It just is. Stop the weird personal grudges and emotional reactions.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
If it's not an incline, then it's a decline. Staying shit is no better than turning into some more shit.

ohWOW

Dumbfuck Queued
If this game isn't an incline from a pile of shit (that the modern game industry is), it's just as shit as any other ordinary game of the current gen.

Also, you think New Vegas and Skyrim are good games, so fuck you.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
If this game isn't an incline from a pile of shit (that the modern game industry is), it's just as shit as any other ordinary game of the current gen.

Yes, I know you exist in this world, I just wrote that before you posted this. You don't have to keep telling me about it.

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
Everyone exaggerating this game on both sides is making themselves look emotional and silly. It's not horrible, nor is it amazing. It's not incline, but it's certainly not decline compared to most modern shooters.

My grudge against B:I aside, I agree that B:I is the only recent AAA game with a plot that merits some discussion.

It's derpy, but not without its fair share of intrigues. I attribute the derpiness to the development hell and the overhaul.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Fucking B:I.
Stories treating time/parallel dimension hopping seriously are doomed to be "meh" at best. No exceptions.

It is pretty though :codexisfor:

Azarkon

Arcane
Dude, you don't get it. Elizabeth's attainment of power is a deep metaphor for the empowerment of women, despite men trying to oppress them all the time (Booker selling her to buy potato like a pimpster). Plus, drowning one Booker destroys all Cumsluts, because Elizabeth is now a demi-god that merges timelines and dimensions by her mere presence (despite the fact that there exist infinite dimensions). TRU DEPTH.

TRU DEPTH is observing that the whole Bioshock series is based around this central conceit whereby helpless, oppressed young girls / women - Little Sisters in B:1, Eleanor in B:2, Elizabeth in B:I - are saved by their 'father figure' who sacrifice themselves to save said 'daughters' from another parent, who is not necessarily female but is always psychopathic / dysfunctional.

B:1

Daughter Figure: Little Sisters
Father Figure: You
Dysfunctional Parent: Big Daddies and Frank Fontaine, ultimately, because he was the one who created the Little Sisters

B:2

Daughter Figure: Eleanor
Dysfunctional Parent: Sophia Lamb

B:I

Daughter Figure: Elizabeth
Dysfunctional Parent: Comstack / You In Teh Past

All three stories are ultimately about the redemption of the institution of fatherhood through the sacrifice of the protagonist, who is always male, and who competes with a dysfunctional parent, who fakes being a parent but is revealed to be a manipulative psychopath, for a female child / children.

The first game had the best plot because it had a subversion of the 'father - daughter' conceit in the later games, despite having come before those games, through the figure of Andrew Ryan. That is to say, the game made you think it was about a 'father - son' relationship even though at the end of the day, Ryan was only played as a fake final boss. Still, TRU DEPTH for observing that after witnessing the sacrifice of Andrew Ryan, you ascend to the position of actual fatherhood over the Little Sisters, sort of as a reflexive of having witnessed Jack's 'father figure' showing by example what 'paternal sacrifice' is. In the end, your 'redeem' the institution of fatherhood and is rewarded for it on your death bed. Failure to do so - by choosing the 'other' choice - leads to a lame ending that's basically tacked on.

In the other two games, the conceit is played straight and there's only minor twists.

Direwolf

Arcane

Let's see. In the last few years I can name quite a few games that are much better SP shooters than B:I:
Crysis 3
Far Cry 3
Dishonored
Serious Sam 3
Battlefield 3
DE:HR
Bulletstorm
Singularity
Metro 2033
Battlefield: BC2

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Let's see. In the last few years I can name quite a few games that are much better SP shooters than B:I:

And I could name 100 that were worse, that's my whole point.

Edit: I assume you mean multiplayer on several of those, which is quite an apples and oranges comparison.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected

And I could name 100 that were worse, that's my whole point.

Edit: I assume you mean multiplayer on several of those, which is quite an apples and oranges comparison.

How you don't think a typical 6 hour AAA piece of shit is not decline is beyond me. Stop making me hate you.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Nope, SP only. They were all much better SP games than B:I.

The two Battlefield games' singleplayer is just like CoD and total shit. Singularity is about the same as Bioshock, I enjoyed that game a lot but it's about on par with the original. DX:HR and Dishonored are not the same genre. The rest are better than Infinite, I agree.

In the end though my point is idiots keep acting like the game is ten times worse than it is to sound cool while simultaneously mocking people who act like it's ten times better than it is to sound cool. They're both extremes and emotional responses, they both sound stupid.

It's another Bioshock, prettier but more linear, better than most modern shooters but not as good as *insert classic here* or *insert modern incline here*.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom