Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness - Tales of the Moon Cult expansion on the way

Cvilidreta

Novice
made my pledge yesterday... more people subscribed to the KS announcement than the number of current supporters, are they holding out, playing the waiting game? The sooner the 20K are reached, the better chances are for the stretch goals imo. Kind of risky to wait for the last day/paypal imo...

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...yser-dlc-tales-of-the-moon-cult/posts/3938218

Ho there, adventurers! Welcome again!​

We gathered our party and—thanks to your amazing contribution—we're ready to venture forth! After half a day, we're halfway there to the base funding goal. Half-a-day, half-way... hmm we really need a Bard class soon. Thank you very much for your contribution again!

e4b0b5db4b25a48bdedc71f4883812b4_original.gif

Do you visit any forums, communities or groups with fellow gamers who love the genre as much as you do? Let them know about Black Geyser and Tales of the Moon Cult. Wolves and ogres await us in the wilds, so we need your support to reach the nearest village with a good tavern and a decent blacksmith.

Keychain Add-ons - Available for Digital Tiers too​

276fc414c941c4d231f03fe035c61207_original.png

Keychains are a great way to customize your pledge! We've just added a version with a reduced shipping cost that doesn't provide online tracking during shipping. Unfortunately, postage & courier prices increased a lot recently, so this is as much as we could do here to decrease the cost.

Many of you indicated that you can't select the Black Geyser Keychain add-on for your Digital Tier. This is because our Digital-only reward tiers were not designated as "Also ships physical goods" in the preparation phase, and Kickstarter no longer allows us to update existing rewards once the campaign is live. Fortunately, since you will be able to manage your pledge in BackerKit after the campaign, the classic solution of old Kickstarter times still works:

• STEP 1: Add €6 to your existing pledge (without choosing a reward), and for shipping cost add another €19 (USA, EU) or €25 (Australia). If you don't need online tracking for your package when it's shipped,you can add €8 (USA, Australia) or €5 (EU) for shipping cost instead.
  • STEP 2: After the end of the campaign, you will be able to choose your reward (keychain) in BackerKit when filling out your survey.
Should you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to get in touch with us!

The Black Geyser Team

Last edited by a moderator:

Sherry

Arcane
Hi.

Very happy to see a DLC for this game and will be looking forward to replaying it once it comes out they are at 20k out of the 28k being requested to fund the DLC and that is great to see so much interest in such a short amount of days right? With 22 days to go they clearly will shoot beyond their target goal and have some extra in the coffers to keep the company up and running, maybe even for Black Geyser 2 because having more games like this available is not a bad thing at all. Shooting past their 28k goal will also help fund the collector's edition and the hardcover handbook which and I really like the hardcover books from the DEADFIRE series and the Siege of Dragonspear collector's edition was well made too so having another one on the shelf from the Black Geyser team is a nice bonus!

Thanks,
Sherry

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
That name has just got to go. Seriously.

Not a fan of RTwP but I do wish them luck on this. Seems a number of people here at least have enjoyed the first game. Good luck. :salute:

Developer
Did anyone on here ever get the original KS tier with the signed Collector's Box? I'm just curious whose signatures were on it, since mine definitely wasn't.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...yser-dlc-tales-of-the-moon-cult/posts/3938313

An Important Milestone​

Greetings, adventurers!​

Our campaign launched less than 30 hours ago, and we're at 73% of our funding goal now. So... almost there! This is amazing. Thank you so much for believing in us!

In the upcoming weeks, we will present additional lore on Tales of the Moon Cult and some "behind the scenes" devlog sort of stuff as well. Stay tuned!

In the meantime, consider taking a look at our add-ons, as they are a great way to customize your pledge. For more information on how to get the Keychain for a digital reward tier, check out our previous update.

75cabb7591547ca95129f5fdf481d9a8_original.png

Cataclismo​

In the second part of our post, we want to mention a Kickstarter campaign of a very interesting and spectacular RTS: Cataclismo. It is all about building strongholds piece by piece (just like LEGO!) and defending your creations against swarms of horrors through a story of hope and home. If that sounds like something you’d love to play, then be sure to take a look at the Kickstarter page for “Cataclismo”, from the creators of Moonlighter and The Mageseeker - A League of Legends Story. There are plenty of cool rewards available if you choose to kindly support their game!

976fbde34301fbb00aa6a904630de589_original.gif

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I was hoping something like this might happen. They are adding a +12EUR backer option on Kickstarter that gives you the base game.

"Good news - we've just added a Base Game add-on which gives you Black Geyser for only €12, this is a 60% discount compared to the full price of the game, a discount never seen before (and probably won't seen for some time for sure). Many of you messaged us asking for this add-on- we wanted to add it so much but we needed some time to get this done."

Already at 91% funded.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Funded.

I was hoping something like this might happen. They are adding a +12EUR backer option on Kickstarter that gives you the base game.

"Good news - we've just added a Base Game add-on which gives you Black Geyser for only €12, this is a 60% discount compared to the full price of the game, a discount never seen before (and probably won't seen for some time for sure). Many of you messaged us asking for this add-on- we wanted to add it so much but we needed some time to get this done."

Already at 91% funded.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...yser-dlc-tales-of-the-moon-cult/posts/3941964

Base Game Now Available As Add-on​

Black Geyser full game for only €12!​

First of all, thank you so much for your contribution - we are at 91% of our funding goal. Very, very close! We've also received the "Project We Love" and "Witchstarter" badges from Kickstarter, a great help for an indie project.

Good news! We've just added a Base Game add-on which gives you Black Geyser for only €12, this is a 60% discount compared to the full price of the game, a discount never seen before (and won't be seen again soon). Many of you messaged us asking for this add-on- we wanted to add it so much but we needed some time to get this done.

642e6b2930e93da3d317762a296c105e_original.png
An early and a late NPC of the base game - a travelling merchant and a supernatural being!

Wrong presentation in Google​

Now something weird. Google recently started listing Black Geyser as a console game (it is not, and there is no console edition yet either). They have been ignoring our edit requests and feedback for weeks now. (Which is odd. Years ago, this feature worked fast.) This misrepresentation hurts us in more ways. If you can, help us by suggesting edits to google. Just search for Black Geyser in google, and then click "Send Feedback" and click the Console game part. Then choose "Inaccurate content" and "Incorrect", and type "it's not a console game" in the textfield. We don't understand, we really don't.

607fe87930e7a39b9dd03cba62eab144_original.png

We also find it odd that Google fully ignores the YouTube thumbnail we submitted in 2021, while these are displayed properly for other indie games. No conspiracy for sure, it's just weird. Therefore, you can see this default grey empty thing below hundreds of Black Geyser videos currently on YouTube.

6255d2981a06aa1dc37f35157bbe4695_original.png

If you have any comments or questions, don't hesitate to share them with us!

The Black Geyser Team

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
ayo we done did it, kings.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...yser-dlc-tales-of-the-moon-cult/posts/3942668

Base Goal Reached - Stretch Goal Added!​

Ho there, adventurers!​

Less than one week after launch, Tales of the Moon Cult was funded on Kickstarter today! Hundreds of amazing backers have pledged to make this project a reality. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Now about stretch goals. Personal Interactions (€30k) used to be nearest one, but we decided to insert a new, more easily reachable goal at €25k as well: Something For Everyone - with shapeshifting, flails and modding support!

In case you've missed our previous update, there is now a Base Game add-on that gives you Black Geyser for €12 only - this is a 60% discount compared to its full price in stores - a big discount never seen before, and will not be seen again soon.

In the meantime, we've also added a "Base Game + Expansion Pack" add-on for €24. Holidays are coming soon - surprise your family & friends with a fully functional Black Geyser with its future Expansion Pack included!

7b0292492c977bf9f55b13a701c88143_original.png

Thank you again to everyone who has been on this journey with us and don't worry, we're not finished yet. For all those diving in for the first time, be sure to stop by our Discord and chat by the fire!

The Black Geyser Team

Last edited by a moderator:
take a look at their steam forums a few months ago... people eager to new Romances even .................

Unarmed combat is cool, and they also added an inter mediate stretch goal in their latest update, shapeshifting is also coooool

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Would be cool if they added redeemed Avellone as a stretch goal.
I mean, if you want somebody to do something interesting narratively with things like the greed mechanic, he would be a solid addition. Not sure these stretch goals are large enough to afford him, but he might be looking for a low-stakes way back into the industry.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...yser-dlc-tales-of-the-moon-cult/posts/3947820

The Cult of Zoria​

Greetings adventurers,​

We are more than halfway to our first strech goal (flails + shapeshifting + improved modding support). This is very promising!

Today, we're taking a peek into some lore from the Collector's Edition of the Tales of Isilmerald Lorebook, pages 59-60. Enjoy!

The Cult of Zoria

The Cult of Zoria is a doomsday cult that aims to remake Yerengal in the image envisioned by their dark goddess, Zoria. They seek the annihilation of mortal kind in order to purify the world of their ever-growing corruption. As long as it serves to enforce the cause of Zoria, all actions of cruelty are deemed justified within the cult. Zoria wishes to build a clean, new world shrouded in everlasting darkness, populated only by her faithful, undead servants in eternity.

The cult’s ultimate goal is to summon Zoria herself onto Yerengal, although such attempts so far have all been met with no success. Unknown to the cult, Rothgor himself is the force that keeps them from completing the ritual success. As the source of all Unnatural and Ritual magic in Yerengal, he has free reign over such procedures.

594c8076d0faf9765f8b4525a8ad8ec1_original.png
Banner of the Cult of Zoria, and the banner of their biggest rival, the Cult of Rothgor
As a covert organization, the Zoria Cult does not engage in military operations or assassinations. Their necromancers spend most of their time studying Unnatural magic and experimenting on kidnapped innocents, often turning them into mindless Ghouls. These Ghouls, along with Abominations, act as both guards and servants to the cult.

287d15a21ff5c03f594d12f73857480a_original.png
An alternative symbol of Zoria also used on our new Keychain you can pre-order
Lacking the support of Rothgor the Devil-god, they are unable to transform their Abominations into demons. They do not, however, lack the ability to produce their own frontline forces. Some cultists are tasked with seeking out lairs of lonely giants. In the rare event such a lair is found, the unfortunate giant is slain during its sleep. The strongest bones are extracted, then transported to a nearby hideout to be worked on by the cult’s necromancers and blacksmiths. Then, the collected remains of the giant are forged and enchanted into a fearsome undead being, known as a Zoria Titan. The finished construct awakens on the next full moon, donning powerful armaments, ready to fight for the dark goddess. Controlled by cult necromancers from a safe distance, these creatures are regarded to be among the most powerful Animated Undead ever seen by the mortals of Yerengal.

4b112752a96e35b7730346adc02ef1fe_original.png
The Collector's Edition book isn't only a source of lore but includes the player handbook as well
Thank you for your support again - you are amazing!

- The Black Geyser Team

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Despite my sincere shit-talking earlier, I'm considering kicking in just to help support the team in developing more party based RPGs.

I know some of you think it's good. How long would you say it takes to "get good" or where you can safely say that no, this is actually irredeemable dog shit?

Anything else you'd like to add to convince a person to gibz?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Despite my sincere shit-talking earlier, I'm considering kicking in just to help support the team in developing more party based RPGs.

I know some of you think it's good. How long would you say it takes to "get good" or where you can safely say that no, this is actually irredeemable dog shit?

Anything else you'd like to add to convince a person to gibz?
Gibz, it has barbarians

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom