Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Black Myth: Wu Kong - a.k.a. "Sekiro 2: now YOU are the monkey"

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
An AAA action RPG with "overwhelmingly positive" at Steam, only several hours after release? Do we live in fantasy? What's going on?

Elttharion

Learned
An AAA action RPG with "overwhelmingly positive" at Steam, only several hours after release? Do we live in fantasy? What's going on?
cn.png

Modron

Arcane
How many of you are going to do your part to hold up communist ideals and pirate this game?

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Played this one for 5 hours yesterday and really liked it. Combat is fun and fluid, lots of different enemies to kill, level design is good and game looks gorgeous. Nice amount of enemy powers and skill upgrades to play around.
Games highest point is the bosses. They are extermely well done, each fight is different and they use their arena both for combat and the aesthetics. Fight with the White Noble in that pond was really pleasing with all them waves and ripples around.
Really reminded me of Sekiro but with more action combat.

Moves in combat are a bit limited at first but they got better as you progress and there are some really nice combos you can pull of. Game won't tell you most of them and you have to discover most by yourself. For example, you can combo a heavy air attack after a light jump attack and it is really effective against most enemies.

MasPingon

Arcane
Can't decide if I should buy this game on PC or PS5. Got GTX2060 and about 50 fps with Wukong benchmark tool on high quality without RT. Anyone is playing it on PC with similar graphic card?

Lyre Mors

Arcane
5 hours in and the game is fantastic so far. It's pretty much blown any expectation I had out of the water. Some of the best-feeling kungfu style action combat I've ever played, extremely well done enemy design, surprisingly impactful progression, fun and rewarding exploration, and gorgeous art direction all around. Really love the little stories that come with the bestiary journal entries too.

So from someone who is admittedly enamored with the source material, I'm pretty dazzled aesthetically all around, but the gameplay has already well-surpassed what I was expecting on top of it all too. There is a lot of love put into every part of this game, and you can feel how proud the team must have been working on it. We'll see how the coming hours hold up, but I can't wait to play more.

Modron

Arcane
Yes but how much of that 3% do you think was motivated by some political memery to buy the game? My guess, not even 1% of that 3%.

lametta

Educated
I dont think that most people "buy" games to own ppl from a different political spectrum.
If such a thing was the case games like dustborn, flintlock etc would be popular/turn a profit.

Most people dont even care about the political side of things. They only buy it.
e.g. Battlefield 1 formerly known as wokefield with its female ampute soldiers still sold.
Huge part of the players prolly didnt know about the controversy anyhow. They just wanted a game to play with their bros (After work).

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Yes but how much of that 3% do you think was motivated by some political memery to buy the game? My guess, not even 1% of that 3%.
If it were 1% that'd still be 20k players. Unless you mean .03% of the total, which I think would be lowballing it. There's enough influencers with enough large followings that would care about such things to swing the needle at least a bit. Recall the harry potter game getting played by a lot of streamers just to thumb their nose at the retarded boycott.

I think something like 5-15% of the western player base might be picking it up for political reasons when they otherwise would have waited for a sale or gotten a similar game instead.

Gerrard

Arcane
The player peak is literally 10x the lowest numbers, and it peaks at 2PM UTC, which is prime time in China. Coincidentally the lowest numbers are during EU prime time.

lametta

Educated
harry potter game(famous book movie franchse) with a good game sold well. *surprised*
sure everyone bought it because it was politically motivated. *sarcasm*

I'm anti woke and never bought a game because of my political motivations. (have 900+games on my steam acc)
Even the contrary, if a game is good i buy it despite being woke/wokeish ->Pathfinder WotR, Baldur's Gate 3, Alan Wake 2 to name a few.
Never considered buying hogwarts since im not into harry potter books/movies/games.

Ask yourself how many games you yourself bought because you wanted to stick it to xyz political movement.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom