Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Black Myth: Wu Kong - a.k.a. "Sekiro 2: now YOU are the monkey"

Elttharion

Learned
Is that the reviewer who said there weren't enough women in the game?

Lol, I actually read* Journey to the West and 99% of the women in it were sex demons and goddesses. Fucking lol.

And these are the people who say the blackmail rumors were a lie fr fr.

* It's like a million pages so I skimmed it and watched one of the old tv shows.
I mean, one of the people I saw on twitter defending the reviewer to his wokie friends kept recommending an abridged version because the original was too long and that version was more engaging so...

sign.jpg

Lyre Mors

Arcane
Not exactly sure how the crafting materials work, but I'm guessing it's something more akin to how they worked for the arm attachment tool upgrades in Sekiro: sparse, tied to bigger enhancements, and meaningful when acquired. Probably for major upgrades for your main weapon.

For those who don't know, there is RPG style equipment such as armor in this too. So equipment progression is a thing.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Let me guess: R3 lock-on again. Games keep getting worse as they keep taking the worst ideas from each other. Be it using that shit button R3 that can't be held for one of the most vital actions or switching between first and third person view as if it actually made Human Revolution better and not jarring and clunky.

Oh, and I'm sure this game also has a run button, because they can't remember how to make games without.

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/the-run-button-is-out-of-control.150850/

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Wasn't "Journey to the west" one of books that was banned in 16th century?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Also they used DENUVO on performance test. WTF it's for free why put DENUVO on it?

cruel

Cipher
Initial impressions are pretty good. 60 fps on RTX 3080 in Full HD, no crashes, game looks amazing, combat is snappy and responsive, game just oozes with creativity - you can tell very quickly it's not another soulless western AAA cash grab. Only con so far - I would wish for more 'impact' when fighting, but this is nothing game breaking.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
Already over 1 million people playing on Steam. The CCP must be giving out social credit bonuses to buy it.
Steam Community hub already looks like the one from PUBG. So yeah, that's a lot of Chinese playing the game.

DemonKing

Arcane
1.3 million concurrent players, more than Elden Ring or Cyberpunk.
I guess all those Chinese WoW Goldfarmers had to end up somewhere...

How does it play on PS5? I normally prefer to play 3rd person action games with a controller on the couch rather than sitting in front of my PC.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
Damn I was thinking I'd skip this one but might get it now so I can keep up with that pesky zeitgeist.
Bad reason to get it.

Good reason to get it? It actually looks good. Quite a bit better than I thought it would be. Excited to dig into it tomorrow.

Why were you thinking of skipping it? I've looked at enough gameplay footage and whatnot that I could maybe answer some of your concerns. Maybe save you some cash if I know something that might turn you off of it.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Also they used DENUVO on performance test. WTF it's for free why put DENUVO on it?
Considering the performance issues that shit tends to cause, seems like an excellent idea to include it in the test actually.

From what I've seen/heard so far, which is just some of the trailers, the game seems promising. My main concerns are that either the lategame is going to be some overly punishing nonsense where you need to play defensively or constantly hit narrow parry/dodge windows, or that the various monster forms will be terribly balanced and you'll end up using just one or two for pretty much the entire game because it has a single OP attack or feature.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
I'm not really into Chinese mythology, plus the usual pile of shame backlog staring at me.

I do like Soulslikes though even though my aging reflexes are terrible.
Ah yeah, those are probably very good reasons to avoid the game then. Particularly because the more I learn about it, the further from a soulslike it appears. There's a lot of superficial similarities, but it seems to combine a lot of inspirations and form its own thing, with soulslikes being on the lower end of those inspirations.

ind33d

Learned
Initial impressions are pretty good. 60 fps on RTX 3080 in Full HD, no crashes, game looks amazing, combat is snappy and responsive, game just oozes with creativity - you can tell very quickly it's not another soulless western AAA cash grab. Only con so far - I would wish for more 'impact' when fighting, but this is nothing game breaking.
people are going to invariably compare this game to Assassin's Creed: Shadows, and the implications of that will be troubling

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom