Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Black Myth: Wu Kong - a.k.a. "Sekiro 2: now YOU are the monkey"

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So tried the bench. At "cinematic" pre-set (lawl) and FSR 100%, 1440p, i get 30 FPS. At "high", FSR 50%, i get 90 FPS. This is on a 5700 XT.

abija

Prophet
If it's like other UE5 games, global illumination setting activates RT at some value. So start with minimum value for that setting and increase until you see a severe drop in fps.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
Welp, the reviews are out, and the game is still largely be referred to as a slightly more involved boss rush, with the level design being dull, simple, linear, and with sparse enemy encounters in between the bigger fights.

Even if I look at the game as more of a character action game with "stages," it still seems like a wasted opportunity. I might check it out on sale, but it doesn't sound like a game I'd be satisfied paying full price for. Who knows though. Game "journalists" have gotten to be so massively retarded I can hardly trust a word they say, even when I cross reference like ten reviews.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
GVHbjv2W0AwTtWj

Lyre Mors

Arcane
A somewhat heartening quote on the exploration from the IGN review of all places.

While boss battles are where Wukong is at its best, there’s also a highly respectable amount of enemy variety in its regular fights. Level design is of the “wide-linear” variety, usually with a clear main path that leads you from checkpoint to checkpoint, but plenty of opportunities to venture off that path to discover optional goodies. The rewards for exploration are great, too: I’ve found rare crafting materials to make new weapons or armor, special enemies that drop a new Spirit Skill, Curio items that I could equip to enhance my build, and treasure chests that might permanently increase my max health, mana, or stamina, all of which made the time I took to find them feel well spent.
What I'm getting overall from comparing a number of opinions is: don't go into this game expecting particularly complex or clever exploration, but there's enough for it to be engaging and rewarding at times. There's side content to be found as well. It sounds a lot like Lies of P level design to me, which wasn't great, but was enough to keep me engaged and not feel like I'm simply walking down a corridor from boss to boss.

If I can find a 20% off deal somewhere when it's released, I'll probably give it a shot.

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Is that the reviewer who said there weren't enough women in the game?

Lol, I actually read* Journey to the West and 99% of the women in it were sex demons and goddesses. Fucking lol.

And these are the people who say the blackmail rumors were a lie fr fr.

* It's like a million pages so I skimmed it and watched one of the old tv shows.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I rechecked the benchmark and the visuals are a bit wierd. I suspect gratutious use of post-processing effect as there's this latent blurriness in places (especially in the distance). Also, the water has this grain effect on the texture. Is that because i can't do raytracing? I've suspected they'd eventually make raytracing mandatory by not bothering to give us a proper alternative ever since seeing how half-assed Control was when you turn raytracing off (probably intentionally made like that).

Still, all the videos look great so i guess there's no way to know unless i get to see it in action.

There's a bunch of "bunny" guys in the benchmark which were a bit silly. I'm guessing aesthetics are not going to be as serious as FromSoft though the bosses we've seen did look pretty good and creative.

abija

Prophet
It's because UE5 is designed with upscaling and temporal effects in mind.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Well, you can't discuss China, but these guidelines do ask you actually focus on the game.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
Replacing wacky feminist censorship and propaganda with wacky chinese censorship and propaganda is not really an improvement, but it will at least be exciting to have a new group of enemies to talk trash about if they gain the upper hand and start ruining video games in a different way.

ind33d

Learned
pretty cool that the game doesn't need American localization, the main character already says "Ook ook ook"

AlwaysBrotoMen

Educated
This game should not be in jrpg thread. It is a Chinese action role playing game.
JRPG forum description:
For all your DESUDESUDESU needs, where everything released in an asian language or from an asian developer can be discussed. If it remotely smells Japanese, put it in here.
One of the worst definitions of JRPG

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom