Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Black Myth: Wu Kong - a.k.a. "Sekiro 2: now YOU are the monkey"

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I hope that Chinese studios replace all western Baizuo studios. And I say it as someone who don't like CCP.

The game is already with 20k reviews adn 94% positive.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Initial impressions are pretty good. 60 fps on RTX 3080 in Full HD, no crashes, game looks amazing, combat is snappy and responsive, game just oozes with creativity - you can tell very quickly it's not another soulless western AAA cash grab. Only con so far - I would wish for more 'impact' when fighting, but this is nothing game breaking.
I've watched the first video of Cowboy's LP, game looked amazing but also very, very easy. He was just dumb-tanking everything and barely ever dropped below half HP.

I hope it gets more substantial later on?

Lyre Mors

Arcane
I've watched the first video of Cowboy's LP, game looked amazing but also very, very easy. He was just dumb-tanking everything and barely ever dropped below half HP.

I hope it gets more substantial later on?
I'm assuming his first video is like the first hour of gameplay? I would imagine it gets more difficult as the game goes on, but I don't think it's supposed to tread quite as far into tryhard territory as some later Fromsoft outings. Everything I've heard and seen indicates that it maintains a good difficulty curve throughout without going full retard, which is a good thing.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Soulslike boss design should stop at DS1. Anything from DS3 onwards is just retarded

That being said this game probably won't have what makes DeS and DS1 great: exploration and dungeon crawling

Lyre Mors

Arcane
From what I've gathered, exploration should be a step above Lies of P - "with later areas often times having 5-6 branching paths" and regular whining from "games journalists" that the game should have had a map because it's too easy to get lost - and a step below something like Dark Souls 1. Guess we'll see when some of us actually get down to playing it.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The game looks nice but I have zero interest for retarded combat systems. This is nowhere near Sekiro or even Elden Ring ... and I cannot go back to retardation after DaS, DaS2, Sekiro and DD2.

I don't like Lords of the Fallen because it's utter garbage.
I don't like Nioh because it's grindy as fuck.
I don't like Elden Ring because FromSW went full retarded with artificial difficulty. I uninstalled once I've reached Consort Radahn fog wall.
I don't like Lies of P because I don't like fighting androids or puppets.
I don't like Wu Kong because there is no greatsword and I don't like mandatory magic.

I'm a jaded old fuck and the only action games I look forward are Monster Hunter Wilds and the DD2 DLC.

That being said. Kudos to whomever is playing this. At least is not pure retardation like Lords of the Fallen.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Have you seen those SteamDB numbers?

:what:

That's already more than twice as high as BG3. Either it's a bug, or Chyna has won.

With 668 million players spending an average of 453 yuan (aprox. 57 Euro) each on video games, China boasts the world's most lucrative gaming market

Big suprise.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So what was Palword then?

Palword is a global phenomenon. It's a combination of an endearing concept (POKEMON WITH GUNS! AND OPEN WORLD), and also streamer game that pretty much acts as a free marketing for the game.

It's a fun concept and memetic potential all at once.

Wukong is the first AAA Premium game coming from China and a big shit from the perspective of a country that has yet to have one, especially one with mass appeal. Arguably Gujian 3 and Xuan Yuan 7 are also AAA, but they are not made with universal appeal nor are they actively marketed worldwide. Most of other Chinese games are either indies or anime gacha (e.g. Genshin Impact and such).

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
regular whining from "games journalists" that the game should have had a map because it's too easy to get lost
robert-downey-jr-facepalm.gif

Shrimp

Liturgist
Played it for about two hours so far which obviously isn't enough to properly judge the game itself, but at least so far I haven't run into any performance related issues which was my biggest immediate concern.
The combat seems to be more akin to something like Nioh rather than Souls although so far it's felt than both. There seems to be multiple stances with different purposes as well as some short temporary transformations that you unlock after defeating various bosses.
Levels have been fairly linear with a handful of side paths that either lead to a few enemies and then back to the main road or to a dead end with either a boss or some random chest with an item.

I'll continue again tomorrow

DemonKing

Arcane
Played a bit tonight…managed to beat the wolf with the flaming staff pretty easily but got stomped a few times by the big blue baby guy.

Enjoying it so far, although not a fan if the invisible barrier school of level design

cruel

Cipher
2.2 million concurrent players - more than Elden Ring and Cyberpunk combined, impressive.

Tehdagah

Arcane
2.2 million concurrent players - more than Elden Ring and Cyberpunk combined, impressive.
Likely the new Palworld. I expect a 99% drop in 2 months.

Edit: nevermind, it's just chinese people playing the game

Mark Richard

Arcane
Likely the new Palworld. I expect a 99% drop in 2 months.

Edit: nevermind, it's just chinese people playing the game
Well, yeah. It's a single-player game with an ending. Most of us haven't been reading the same book or rewatching the same movie over and over for the past year either. Once the numbers go down I'm fully expecting a wave of articles trying to paint the game as a failure by purposefully misapplying the retention expected from an online multiplayer game, just like what happened with Palworld.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom