Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Black Myth: Wu Kong - a.k.a. "Sekiro 2: now YOU are the monkey"

Retardo

Learned
So, what's the konsensus?
I've played for an hour, reaching that big brain blue guy, and it feels like one of those movie-like games, akin to god of war: very limited in combat and very railroaded in exploration.
Will it get better, or should I refund?

Chyna has won

this game is literally China's AAA Premium gaming watershed moment. A lot of Chinese are invested in this game like Polacks are invested in CDPR with Twitcher 2/3.

The difference is China has a bit more population than Poland

I did a python script to scrap the 1000 reviews in steam and estimate the languages of the game ( to scrap all reviews would take from 6 to 14 hours with a refresh rate of 1 sec, according to my calculations ), over 75% of the reviews are in Chinese. The second most common language is "unknown". LOL

Link to my python script > https://pastebin.com/7wQbJNxt

Even non-Chinese reviews are probably written by chink.
%E7%8C%B4%E5%8F%8B-%E4%B8%AD%E5%9B%BD%E6%B8%B8%E6%88%8F%E4%B8%8D%E9%9C%80%E8%A6%81%E5%A4%96%E5%9B%BD%E7%8E%A9%E5%AE%B6%E6%8C%87%E6%8C%87%E7%82%B9%E7%82%B9-v0-1n1wmvrut4kd1.jpg
%E7%8C%B4%E5%8F%8B-%E4%B8%AD%E5%9B%BD%E6%B8%B8%E6%88%8F%E4%B8%8D%E9%9C%80%E8%A6%81%E5%A4%96%E5%9B%BD%E7%8E%A9%E5%AE%B6%E6%8C%87%E6%8C%87%E7%82%B9%E7%82%B9-v0-fnyd6vrut4kd1.jpg
%E7%8C%B4%E5%8F%8B-%E4%B8%AD%E5%9B%BD%E6%B8%B8%E6%88%8F%E4%B8%8D%E9%9C%80%E8%A6%81%E5%A4%96%E5%9B%BD%E7%8E%A9%E5%AE%B6%E6%8C%87%E6%8C%87%E7%82%B9%E7%82%B9-v0-vke6mvrut4kd1.jpg

%E7%8C%B4%E5%8F%8B-%E4%B8%AD%E5%9B%BD%E6%B8%B8%E6%88%8F%E4%B8%8D%E9%9C%80%E8%A6%81%E5%A4%96%E5%9B%BD%E7%8E%A9%E5%AE%B6%E6%8C%87%E6%8C%87%E7%82%B9%E7%82%B9-v0-hbaqawrut4kd1.jpg

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
I've played for an hour, reaching that big brain blue guy, and it feels like one of those movie-like games, akin to god of war: very limited in combat and very railroaded in exploration.
Didn't you read Jinn's gay ass post about unfurling rose petals or whatever?

Lyre Mors

Arcane
I've played for an hour, reaching that big brain blue guy, and it feels like one of those movie-like games
No.
very limited in combat
No.
very railroaded in exploration.
Compared to something like Gothic 2 or Dark Souls 1, a bit. As has been said before several times in the thread, there will be points in the game with huge areas with 5-6 branching paths at a time. It's a branching linear structure essentially, with free travel back to places you've been before.

Will it get better
Yes.

should I refund?
Probably.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Refunds are the worst thing that's happened to gaming. Fite me.

Now that the games are full of ESG BS and codded by incompetent diversity hires, they are a necessary evil. People need to buy games without even knowing that they will run.

Retardo

Learned
Refunds are the worst thing that's happened to gaming. Fite me.
We live in this funny period when there's zero ways to know if the game is gud before buying.

Steam reviews are mostly written by monkeys.
The same goes for game discussion forums.
Youtube vids are done by shills.
Demos do not represent the final product.
Game mags... :lol:

Last edited:

Lyre Mors

Arcane
You're searching hard for reasons to and the game doesn't really need the support. If you're concerned about the money, refund it and grab it on sale someday or something.

I personally feel it's well worth the $50 I paid for it. The game is a joy to play.

motherfucker

Educated
Alright so when AC Shadows has a black protag in medieval Asia there's a huge shitstorm, but when the chinese do it that's fine? What's the logic here?

cruel

Cipher
Skill tree is crazy - more than 250 different skills / upgrades to unlock from what I see, and some of the stuff is still locked. This is between stats, stances, magic and few others.

Pretty good game so far, 8/10 or so. Nothing ground-breaking, but enjoyable to play, with nice creativity mixed here and there - what was the last game that allowed you to stand on your staff, I don't remember. Thrash mobs are a little bit too easy (for now), 3 tries on first boss, 5 tries on second, first tried the wolf. Expecting boss fights to get harder.

What's mind blowing is that Unreal Engine 5 game developed by Chinese devs is in a flawless state on launch, with zero bugs and constant 60fps - while western games like LotF struggled for weeks / months to make the game playable. Such a difference of skill.

Last edited:

Filthy Sauce

Arbiter
God I'm fucking garbage at this game. Stuck on the white nobel boss (2nd?) for close to an hour now. Went online to see how the streamer kids are doing and everyones beating him on first/second try. Even that asmond guy who is notoriously crap at these games had no issues.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
God I'm fucking garbage at this game. Stuck on the white nobel boss (2nd?) for close to an hour now. Went online to see how the streamer kids are doing and everyones beating him on first/second try. Even that asmond guy who is notoriously crap at these games had no issues.
Mash light attack, mash dodge, mash all the cooldowns, chug chug chug, jump heavy attack to use your focus points like youre playing Elden ring. Bang! Dead boss.

Retardo

Learned
You're searching hard for reasons to and the game doesn't really need the support. If you're concerned about the money, refund it and grab it on sale someday or something.

I personally feel it's well worth the $50 I paid for it. The game is a joy to play.
Eh, how did you come to this conclusion?
Since when checking if game gets better later became searching for refund reasons?

Lyre Mors

Arcane
Since when checking if game gets better later became searching for refund reasons?
Mainly because there were posts just a few above yours addressing pretty much what you were inquiring about already. I figured if those points weren't enough to convince you, you were essentially just hoping for someone to urge you to refund. If you're feeling that unsure about whether to keep a game or not, it's usually better to just go for the refund, rather than trust the opinions of others and end up disappointed anyway.

Retardo

Learned
Mainly because there were posts just a few above yours addressing pretty much what you were inquiring about already. I figured if those points weren't enough to convince you, you were essentially just hoping for someone to urge you to refund. If you're feeling that unsure about whether to keep a game or not, it's usually better to just go for the refund, rather than trust the opinions of others and end up disappointed anyway.

consensus
/kənˈsɛnsəs/
noun

1. a general agreement.
    "there is a growing consensus that the current regime has failed"

:hmmm:

Lyre Mors

Arcane
The consensus of those able and willing to share opinions about the game past the first hour should be evident at this point. If you want a true consensus drawing from a majority opinion, you're going to be waiting a week or two.

Keep the game, refund the game, do whatever you want. I figured you didn't want to wait that long for a response, so I gave you one. Your hesitation made me say "Probably" to the refund question. Do what you will with that.

cruel

Cipher
I just can't kill Wandering Wight for some reason, 10 tries so far. He seems easy, and it looks like he is optional, but man - no idea how are you supposed to dodge the rock throw (?) he does after 3x earth slam combo, it gets me every time. It looks like you're getting hit the moment animation is done, no time to dodge, standing on staff doesn't help. I will leave him for now, but he is bugging me. The only obvious weakness seems to be fire.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
I just can't kill Wandering Wight for some reason, 10 tries so far. He seems easy, and it looks like he is optional, but man - no idea how are you supposed to dodge the rock throw (?) he does after 3x earth slam combo, it gets me every time. It looks like you're getting hit the moment animation is done, no time to dodge, standing on staff doesn't help. I will leave him for now, but he is bugging me. The only obvious weakness seems to be fire.
The final hit in your light attack mashing string stuns him and iirc jumping heavy with focus stuns him, so first thing you do is sprint up to him and mash square until he manages to escape from your stunlocks, then use as many of your op cooldowns as you can and then mash dodge and hope for the best with whatever health remains. He drops an OP move that you'll want to get. If you come back just a little bit later, you'll have more cooldowns and equipment upgrades to abuse him with so you don't have to worry so much about dodging the horseshit gravity moves.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom