Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Black Myth: Wu Kong - a.k.a. "Sekiro 2: now YOU are the monkey"

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I just can't kill Wandering Wight for some reason, 10 tries so far. He seems easy, and it looks like he is optional, but man - no idea how are you supposed to dodge the rock throw (?) he does after 3x earth slam combo, it gets me every time. It looks like you're getting hit the moment animation is done, no time to dodge, standing on staff doesn't help. I will leave him for now, but he is bugging me. The only obvious weakness seems to be fire.

There is another boss around that place, if you defeat him you can use his form to tank the big hit. Also that can form can deal nice damage, stagger and attacks inflict burn.
I avoided that force punch mostly rolling like mad and it kinda worked.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
hMilTfU.jpeg
Who's Guanyin

Desman

Educated
Is this game the proof of the superiority of communism over Western capitalism ?

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
The secret of this game's success:
GVkU6mPWMAAHPxk

HVkElQO_HrE.jpg
This is why Communism will always lose in the end. It may defeat the bureaucratic capitalism of the west, but it will be a short-lived victory. A collapsed West would soon revert to religious zealotry.

A monke motivated through the biological need for banan will never measure up to a motivated zealot.

dutchwench

Novice
To be fair, in modern history, it's actually the Chinese who know way more about being motivated zealots than the Westerners. Boxer Rebellion started with a bunch of religious martial arts freaks beating the shit out of Christian priests. It took eight armies to put them down, though to be fair, they probably could have gotten away with just one army, if we believe Przhevalsky when he says that he'd be able to go straight for Beijing with just one army corps (per Schimmelpenninck's Toward the Rising Sun). It was, nevertheless, eight armies, which would have given the Chinese a moral victory if not for everything that followed.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The game has sold more than 10 million copies.

This and Hogwarths must hae certain people seething.

Retardo

Learned
The game has sold more than 10 million copies.

This and Hogwarths must hae certain people seething.
Reading steam forums with all those HOW IS THIS SO POPULAR THE CHINESE ARE USING UNFAIR TACTICS is hilarious.

Also, I've played a bit more, and this shit really became good around the big wolf boss.
I've always hated the bossfights in souls, but here they are fun enough to keep trying and devising the builds/tactics.

Esp. the snake noble, the fight feels like someone took an actual effort to replicate the feel of action scenes in chinese movies, where the dudes are walking 8n circles, then clash for a bit of action, and return to walking.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

Lyre Mors

Arcane
I've always hated the bossfights in souls, but here they are fun enough to keep trying and devising the builds/tactics
Yes! Much like how Sekiro and AC6 are a couple of the only Fromsoft games where I really loved and looked forward to the boss fights, I feel very similarly about Black Myth. They're so well-designed and engaging that I can't wait to see the next one.

cruel

Cipher
Whiteclad noble, what a great fight, the highlight of the game so far. Fast, aggressive, but without a crazy high health pool and any cheap moves - 5 tries total. I like the difficulty so far, good balance between decent challenge and no bullshit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom