Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

BLOBERT liberation front

Orgasm

Barely Literate
BRILLIAN VICTOLY YOU EARN %= EXTRA PRESTIGE AN A PROTOTYPE UNIT YES BUT I DONT GIVE A SHIT FREE BORBERT

Helton

Arcane
Hey Draq wonderful news old chap that's already happened next time check the wish registery for those granted in the past now kindly fuck off or mitigate your faggotry by calling for

FREE BLOBERT!

DraQ

Arcane
Helton said:
Hey Draq wonderful news old chap that's already happened next time check the wish registery for those granted in the past now kindly fuck off or mitigate your faggotry by calling for

FREE BLOBERT!
You failed to catch my obvious Neverhood reference, so I don't feel obliged to respond to your nonsensical drivel.
:obviously:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
MapMan said:
Keeping track of post-related 'awards' isnt that much of a problem. Instead of modifying any of the existing tables, create a new table with post id and award id. Even if we assume that awards table grows directly propotional to posts table I dont think it would take too much space.
BRO WHAT A GREAT IDEA I'VE TOTALLY NEVER BUILT A DATABASE BEFORE AND DON'T KNOW ABOUT THESE THINGS THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTION BRO I NEVER WOULD'VE DONE IT THAT WAY

2dllkjl.png

45,000 records containing nothing other than three integers (the absolute minimum I'd need to record) is approx 1 MB. If we assume 10% of all posts receive a vote "of some sort" that's about 120,000 posts. If we assume an average of 20 people vote for each of those posts, that becomes 2.4 M records at about 50 MB. Now if I added that (which itself gets checked every-time someone votes) on top of an ever more active forum, believe me when I tell you you'd start to notice it.

If I was raping the entire posts table every-time someone voted to check for alts as well, after a bit of checking, there's actually the potential that this could just about kill the Codex. Using the current IP check feature as an indication, there'd be about a 10 second loading delay every time someone voted.

Like I have said though, it's not a "huge" impost (provided Taluntain has the funds to keep up the server side of things - which is something that actually is becoming more and more of a concern at the moment) but it does have the potential to balloon. Given that, I'd rather put in something that's of some benefit, rather than something that I don't find particularly useful and adds unnecessary overhead. I'd rather go for a more basic "user karma" style system, at least in the first instance (keeping in mind I have to code this thing too).

DraQ said:
Therefore, single reported post of such pest
This is the feature that's currently lacking.

DraQ said:
as opposed to an account whose owner may currently be busy making ass out of himself
This is also what I'm trying capture.

On the whole, if you're registered and still posting, I generally assume you're making some kind of "not ban worthy" contribution.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS I AM BACK SORRYU TO INTERUPT YOUR IMPROTANT DISCUSSION ON ACHIOEVEMENT POINTS

madbringer

Arcane
OMGF WELCOME BACK BRO

...................__
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
BLOBERT said:
I HAVE LEARNBED A VALUABLE LESSON IF YOU ARE GOING TO RAGE AGAINST THE CONSOLETARDS YOU HAVE TO POST IN LOWERCASE CAUSE SHITTING IN RANDON THREADS IN CAPS MAKES YOU A TROLL BUT IF YOU DONT USE CAPSLOCK THAN YOU ARE JUST A NORMALL ASSHOLE

This is the key to the whole thing

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
BLOBERT said:
I HAVE LEARNBED A VALUABLE LESSON IF YOU ARE GOING TO RAGE AGAINST THE CONSOLETARDS YOU HAVE TO POST IN LOWERCASE CAUSE SHITTING IN RANDON THREADS IN CAPS MAKES YOU A TROLL BUT IF YOU DONT USE CAPSLOCK THAN YOU ARE JUST A NORMALL ASSHOLE

This is the key to the whole thing

Exactly what I meant when I wrote about 'insight'. You post in lowercase and dont do mistakes on purpose (other than Volourn ofc)? Valuable poster. You make Your own posting style and post the same? Troll.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
BLOBERT said:
WELCOME BAKC BRO :brofist:

And to all the faggots who were claiming that there is no irony in Blobert's posts and they're just all-caps nonsense:

:obviously:

Murk

Arcane
Malakal said:
Exactly what I meant when I wrote about 'insight'. You post in lowercase and dont do mistakes on purpose (other than Volourn ofc)? Valuable poster. You make Your own posting style and post the same? Troll.

Is this sarcasm?

relootz

Scholar
Mikayel said:
Malakal said:

Is this sarcasm?

I hope so, otherwise he must be senile.

CrimHead

Scholar
NIGGER DONT FRET KONJAD IS NOT A TRUE BRO HE IS SHE IS I THINK HE IS BUTTHURT OVER SOMETHING OR ANOTHER HATERS SEE YOU ROLLING YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MICHIGAN WORD

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
relootz said:
Mikayel said:
Malakal said:

Is this sarcasm?

I hope so, otherwise he must be senile.

BROS I AINT GONNA SPELL IT OUT FOR U FAGGETS. LRN 2 THINK FOR YUORSELF PLEASE.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom