Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Bros, I have a question about the girl

I've killed Gascoigne, got a brooch and took it back to the girl, she cried and stopped answering. Wat was the alterative? Just curious.

And what about insight? Does the high amount of it really makes the game harder? And what's the point of having a lot of it (besides summoning other hunter bros)?

The girl
dies. send her to the cathedral and she gets gored by a pig. send her to the clinic, and well, things go poorly for her too.

Insight doesn't actually make the game that much harder. There is a LOT of misinformation running around about this actually. So far, all that's truly confirmed is there are certain break-points where a few enemies can gain new abilities, for example, at 14 insight the gavekeepers (white mask guys) can shoot lasers out of their lanterns and the scythe guy gets a blue fire enchantment on his weapon. It should also be noted that holding insight lowers your frenzy resistance by some unknown amount.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
At 15 insight, doing my witches abode run for vials/echoes, I see those red fog enemies pop in (from witches abode down then hang a right down the other hill.

At 14 and below those red fog enemies don't spawn.

Zep--

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The girl
dies. send her to the cathedral and she gets gored by a pig. send her to the clinic, and well, things go poorly for her too.
Ah, good ol' souls quest design - whatever you do it ends up badly. I missed that in DaS II.

Is there any difference between sending people to the church or to the clinic? And is the clinic open since the beginning?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Insight at best makes some enemies slightly harder and lets you see hidden stuff.

But it's nothing drastic like Covenant of Champions in DsK2.

polo

Magister
The girl
Ah, good ol' souls quest design - whatever you do it ends up badly. I missed that in DaS II.

Is there any difference between sending people to the church or to the clinic? And is the clinic open since the beginning?
Spoilers ahead
If you send em to the clinic, they get killed. If you send them to the cathedral they live and you can talk to them, except for the little girl (so sad)
More spoilers
Also if you send the cannibal dude to the cathedral he eats someone.

DragoFireheart

If you wish to PvP and are having connection issues, this video is for you:

Villagkouras

Arcane
WTF?

I just finished the game?

I wasn't prepared for this at all! I got to say that it felt a bit rush...

Edit:

In the ending cutscene, the doll picks and hugs a tentacle and says "Oh, good hunter!"... I kinda have the feeling that this tentacle is... me?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
WTF?

I just finished the game?

I wasn't prepared for this at all! I got to say that it felt a bit rush...

Edit:

In the ending cutscene, the doll picks and hugs a tentacle and says "Oh, good hunter!"... I kinda have the feeling that this tentacle is... me?

Considering the trophy's description for the ending, I would say yes.

I'm also presuming that since you looked up how to get the secret ending, you looked up how to get to the fairly well hidden Cainhurst Castle and Upper Cathedral Ward as well, right? If not, that's a fairly big chunk of game to check out on another playthrough.

Villagkouras

Arcane
No, I didn't check or found any of these locations. I thought I wouldn't have to. I'll do another playthrough after some time, I need to get this game out of my system for now.

The second to last boss battle was great. The last one was pretty easy, even for me.

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin
Is there a consensus yet on the most powerful PvE build/weapons? Now that I've beaten the game I want to replay it with an OP character and just annihilate everything. It seems like the Cannon + Bone Ash Marrow is good but that requires 30 STR. There are so few Trick weapons to choose from, unfortunately.

Ludwig's Holy Blade is amazingly good against pretty much everything.

DragoFireheart

Phage Upper Catherdral isn't that well hidden. When you get the holy blade there's that locked door.

You just need to have attention span greater than DSP's to remember to check back here and there.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Phage Upper Catherdral isn't that well hidden. When you get the holy blade there's that locked door.

You just need to have attention span greater than DSP's to remember to check back here and there.

Eh... getting the key is fairly convoluted since you have to drop down into that caged off area by following that off-shoot path. I certainly missed it on my almost completely blind playthrough.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
So, right now I'm really hoping that chalice dungeons become a regular feature in Souls games. Too bad it's too late for more DSII DLC, because I feel like they'd actually be better suited to a traditional Souls game with more build variety. Really hope the next game has an equivalent feature.

Sothpaw

Learned
Is there a consensus yet on the most powerful PvE build/weapons? Now that I've beaten the game I want to replay it with an OP character and just annihilate everything. It seems like the Cannon + Bone Ash Marrow is good but that requires 30 STR. There are so few Trick weapons to choose from, unfortunately.

Ludwig's Holy Blade is amazingly good against pretty much everything.

Yea I currently have 50str and 45dex and Ludwig's has no problems with anything in the game whatsoever. It is also very versatile. Sword mode for when you need quick strikes and greatsword mode for when you need power and/or range.

Only thing about it is that I got all these powerful triangle blood gems from depth 5 chalices, but Ludwig's doesn't have the slot for them. Are the triangle gems the most powerful or something? I guess I need to get an uncanny or lost version of the blade?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
I'm not reading anything about the game. I bought PS4 specifically for it. I want to play it with no information, as nature intended; I remember discovering Dark Souls and Demon's Souls in a similar way and each time had a wonderful experience. So why am I posting here at all? Just to share this minor bit:

FUCK YOU
FUCK YOU
FUCK YOU FATHER GASCOIGNE

I'M GONNA SHOVE THIS MUSIC BOX IN YOUR DEAD ASS

Gave the brooch to the kid; feel kinda bad about it.

... I can get the Cleric Beast to lower hp than Gascoigne, ffs.

It's quite amusing than in the true Souls tradition once you know the layout you can just run around the levels and noone can hit you.

DragoFireheart

Father G is actually the slowest of the hunter enemies you'll come across.

Have fun with the later ones! :troll:

Castanova

Prophet
Only thing about it is that I got all these powerful triangle blood gems from depth 5 chalices, but Ludwig's doesn't have the slot for them. Are the triangle gems the most powerful or something? I guess I need to get an uncanny or lost version of the blade?

If you're into instant gratification, the Bloodborne reddit page is hosting a Chalice dungeon code list. I've seen similar lists elsewhere too. You can find whatever item you're looking for and grab it from there. In this case, yeah, you want either the uncanny or lost version.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...rtKR0sRb6Q/edit#gid=1095946635#button-dungeon

Sothpaw

Learned

If you're into instant gratification, the Bloodborne reddit page is hosting a Chalice dungeon code list. I've seen similar lists elsewhere too. You can find whatever item you're looking for and grab it from there. In this case, yeah, you want either the uncanny or lost version.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...rtKR0sRb6Q/edit#gid=1095946635#button-dungeon

I would brofist you if I had the slightest idea how to do so.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Took me around 3 tries to beat Father G. First time when I hadn't leveled up or gotten my head around the rally system at all (He punched my nuts out through my nose, and I barely put a dent in him), second time I leveled up my skill and strength a couple times, and upgraded my hunters saw. Got him to low health before he turned in to a Werewolf and kicked my teeth in. Third time I got him to low health and then lucked out when I got him to really low health and just started wailing on him like a maniac before he killed me.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Finally made it to Rom (I already defeated the Hemlock Witch). 2nd boss that's not just a big furry beast you have to continually roll behind but still a tedious boss battle where patience will win the day. Got a bad feeling I missed a few things in the Forbidden Forest though. My inventory is clogged with shit though perhaps I should make better use my items. All in all an improvement once you leave Yharnam.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
So far I've got to commend the game for not going the easy route and just being Dark Souls with guns. They do actually try to make the game play differently from the Souls games, with the risk vs. reward of either backing off and using a blood vial when you're hurt (and thus eating into your supply until you get lucky and find another, or forcing you to restock at the hunters dream), or getting in the enemies grill and hitting them enough to hopefully get most of it back. Lack of any good shields means that baking off and turtling while downing estuses isn't an option anymore. Also find that enemies on average tend to hit alot harder at early levels than they did in the Souls games.

DragoFireheart

So I've done some research on the Empty Phantasm Shell and it seems like complete garbage.

At most I've seen it add only 80 attack even at 30 arcane. At that level of investment you may as well go full arcane. If you want to buff your weapons, use Fire or Bolt paper.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom