Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
The rune for the fourth slot obtained by finishing Eileen's questline beats out the covenant ones by a fair margin imo.

That's the stamina regen one right? I have that one too but I kinda just assumed increased healing was better. I guess the regen is pretty significant?

From the wiki article on the Radiance Rune (I'm presuming that's what you're talking about)

At 42 Vitality, this rune allows you to heal for 557, 11 more hp than the usual 546. This is a whopping 0.8% more than what you would heal without this rune

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I'm ok with the Covenant Runes being "useless" as it prevents any single covenant from being overpowered.

ALSO:

mftuN8V.jpg

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I'd just appreciate one PvE covenant like the sunbros. PvP is generally too laggy to be enjoyable for me, but all three covenants are based around PvP in Bloodborne.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Just downloaded the latest patch. Not only are load times better, but they added item descriptions to loading screens like in DeS1/2, so we don't have to stare at the logo anymore.

Edit: load times are also noticeably shorter if you die and respawn at the lantern, faster than if you've warped there from the dream.
CDQ0vxrUMAAm6k9.jpg:large

Last edited:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
A step in the right direction. Too bad I've already platinumed the game :negative:

I think now they need to implement a way to reset areas without warping back to the dream then back to where you wanted the enemies reset. It'd also be nice if you could warp directly between the lamps. Should also implement some kind of area for PVPfagging where there's no health reduction for invaders so the PVPfags can have their containment area and stop whining as much.

I do have to say that as much as I really loved this game, I feel no compulsion to replay it in the foreseeable future. That's not in itself a terrible thing, I did get a solid 50 hours out of it trophy whoring, just the other good souls games (1 and Demon's) I can replay with no motivation beyond simply experiencing the content again. I'm sure the inevitable DLC will prompt me to replay things.

DragoFireheart

I think now they need to implement a way to reset areas without warping back to the dream then back to where you wanted the enemies reset.

They do it dynamically like Ninja Gaiden and make enemies respawn once they're off screen. :troll:

Last edited:

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Dark Souls was best in this regard, almost all the important stuff could be done at bonfires if you had the required items. The stuff you couldn't required a possibly dangerous trip to an out of the way NPC, and you couldn't just teleport wherever you like until later in the game.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The more I play BB the more I think From should invent some new gameplay formula for future games.

They could make it first person and be more cryptic.

Oh wait.
Good one, but they also have different games developed like Armored Core series and some stuff I've never heard about. I don't think all of their games are King's Field to Demon's Souls evolution.

Villagkouras

Arcane
Kuon is done by From?? Wow, I remember playing this shit a million years ago. One of the most scariest games I've ever played.

Gozma

Arcane
I guess this kinda goes against the spirit of complaints in the thread that want something fresher but I'd dig an Armored Core Souls. As in Armored Core parts sperging + some strong core gameplay like Souls style slow endurance meter melee. I've also wanted Armored Core + fighting game in the past. I think Armored Core parts sperging is a good "overgame" thing that needs to be paired with a better core game than AC ever really managed to do.

Ultimate overgame : Armored Core parts sperging + X-Com base and personnel management with teching up and manufacturing. Also get Space Rangers 2/Pirates! in there somehow. Then fuck it up with shitty Rtw/P tac-level gameplay or something so I can turn away from video games in disgust

DragoFireheart

I'm ok with FromSoft making an actual new IP that isn't a souls clone.

They should dabble in adventure style games. They seem to enjoy adding cryptic quests and hidden things to their action games and those design elements would make a good fit for a King's Quest style game.

Or maybe a Quest For Glory Fromsoft style.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I think they could make a really great Visual Novel / Text Adventure in the style of Radical Dreamers.

Ivan

Arcane
Buying it on electronic bay and was wondering how the frame rate is here? I know it's locked at 30, like Demons', but is it consistent? Has there been a patch for it?

keppj0nes

Educated
Yes it is locked at 30...There are some frame drops but for me they barely lasted more than a couple seconds when they did happen. The absurdly detailed environments and character models more than make up for it. I didn't notice much change after the patch but by the time the patch came out I had already platinumed that shit :argh: and stopped playing.

Ivan

Arcane
Gonna start soon! So excited. Coming off the excellent Dark Souls 2 DLCs.

Are expansions in the works for Bloodborne? Some season pass like DaS 2?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom