Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
We can only hope for Sony's financials to continue to deteriorate so they'll finally have no other choice but to bring their shit to PC.

If MS can do it, why not Sony?

Because Sony has the winning console this generation.

It's Demon's Souls all over again. Enjoy being a butthurt loser cunt Chaotic_Heretic! :hero:

Mortmal

Arcane
The xbone and ps4 are essentially PCs under the hood. I don't see why this wouldn't be ported to PC sometimes in the future. My bet is 1 year console exclusive, then release on the PC.

Because of torrents, its a hell lot more hard for the average joe to pirate a ps4 game. Always been like that... When i was kid i had a c64 and wanted zelda and mario, i cant see why those game couldnt get port on the superior c64, but it never happened.On the amiga i wanted sonic too , if the megadrive can run it ,why no amiga port ?
If its really a 19th century dark souls, then its mandatory purchase, ill suck the ps4 cock as well . March 2015 is far away so we can hope for a price cut or bundle by then and eventually more games worth playing.

DragoFireheart

They could still rake in extra monies from the PC crowd. It's not like they're making a hell lot of money from hardware sales only. It's the software ecosystem, stupid.

Or they can go all exclusive and force you to buy a PS4 (benefits Sony). Sony then shares the loot with From (benefits From). They also don't have to deal with pirates/DRM (minor benefit).

LivingOne

Savant
It won't come to PC people,Sony's never done it because unlike M$ they don't have to push Windows by putting games on it.Better abandon that hope alltogether.

In other news:
When Bloodborne‘s Game Director was appointed as President of From Software, many worried that it would impact his role as a developer, or that he’d stop developing games altogether. When asked by Famitsu, Miyazaki-san laughed off that possibility:
If I had to chose between either neglecting my role as a director or as a president of the company, it’s more likely that I’d skip as president (laughs). If there’s anyone having concerns abut me becoming president having any impact on this game, please don’t worry.

Not giving the link because the newsposter who wrote it is really starting to get on my nerves.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
They could still rake in extra monies from the PC crowd. It's not like they're making a hell lot of money from hardware sales only. It's the software ecosystem, stupid.

Or they can go all exclusive and force you to buy a PS4 (benefits Sony). Sony then shares the loot with From (benefits From). They also don't have to deal with pirates/DRM (minor benefit).

:negative:
:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:
:takemymoney:

DragoFireheart

So Miyazaki will sacrifice A and B team long before letting the integrity of Bloodborne suffer.

That's pretty reassuring.

Kanedias

Savant
Some more information, this time from Giantbomb.

It comes from this really stupid video if someone wants the source for whatever reason.

1. There are bells that cause the enemies to wander around the city when rung, as if on a hunt (I guess the Undead Crypt in Dark Souls 2 was some sort of prototype for this).

2. Bosses don't initially have a fog door. You are going through the area, the boss shows up and then the fog door appears, locking you in. I doubt this will apply to every boss, though. They seemed to imply that in the video, but I doubt it, they are probably just drawing conclusions from the fact that the demo boss shows up in this fashion. Anyways, I'm glad they're doing this. I was excited for this mechanic in Dark Souls 2 (they had talked about a very similar thing prior to DaS2's release) but all that came from it was just the Pursuer's first encounter and Freja's surprise encounter in NG+. I hope they can do more with it this time.

--

Also, on a general note, a lot of misinformation is going around regarding this game, and it can be attributed to the game journalists concluding too much from the limited demo.

For example, lack of heavy armor has been mentioned, and while it may be true, I don't think Miyazaki or anyone from From has said anything about this, the journalists are concluding this from the fact that it was not present in the demo.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It won't come to PC people,Sony's never done it because unlike M$ they don't have to push Windows by putting games on it.Better abandon that hope alltogether.

In other news:
When Bloodborne‘s Game Director was appointed as President of From Software, many worried that it would impact his role as a developer, or that he’d stop developing games altogether. When asked by Famitsu, Miyazaki-san laughed off that possibility:
If I had to chose between either neglecting my role as a director or as a president of the company, it’s more likely that I’d skip as president (laughs). If there’s anyone having concerns abut me becoming president having any impact on this game, please don’t worry.

When asked by Famitsu about a possible future PC port, Miyazaki-san laughed off that possibility:
have fun sucking console cock faggot
:troll:

Kanedias

Savant

Where the original webms came from. This seems to be from when it was still named Project Beast. Interesting.

Loving the enemy/area design. This is a quite early video, though, for example the graphics in the E3 demo looked way better. A lot of other things probably changed.

In the original Project Dark video, there were Capra Demons as normal enemies inside the Undead Parish, for example (inside the church).

Ugh, I'm so excited. The designs are amazing. I see a swamp similar to the Valley of Defilement, really creative monsters, Latria-like areas....

Edit: Damn, it was removed already. Try this: http://fredo.3d.free.fr/bloodborne.mp4

Last edited:

Kanedias

Savant
I am pretty sure this monster from the Project Beast video

6YIWYcD.jpg

SnoDsuY.jpg

Became this boss from the E3 demo.

MSMSUrq.jpg

They look different but you can see they're the same design. This reinforces the fact that the video that we just got is a very early build.

Murk

Arcane
In the early gameplay vid the feathers effect is almost identical to the feathers of the 'aged feather', and the whole "douse in oil; light on fire" varangian method

ummm just how much of a 'field test' was bloodborne's ideas in DS 2?

Looks great. Fucking consoles.

ALSO I SEE THAT THEIR CAPE TECHNOLOGY IS IMPROVING

Kanedias

Savant
In the early gameplay vid the feathers effect is almost identical to the feathers of the 'aged feather', and the whole "douse in oil; light on fire" varangian method

ummm just how much of a 'field test' was bloodborne's ideas in DS 2?

Looks great. Fucking consoles.

ALSO I SEE THAT THEIR CAPE TECHNOLOGY IS IMPROVING

That big axe has moves that are very similar to the Dark Souls 2 Crescent Axe, and you can even see a Spin2Win in one part of the video

Murk

Arcane
I hear tell of being able to "drink your enemies' blood" which in turn grants abilities (but at a cost). This could explain why the main character is so damn lanky. His proportions don't really add up -- too tall, limbs too long, torso nearly nonexistent... unless that is the style, in which case never mind.

I do recall that in the Solomon Kane stories he (Kane) was often referred to as being lanky; could be stylistic influence I suppose.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Don't worry, if Bloodborne achieves a measure of success, the spiritual sequel, "Beastborne", will come out on all platforms.

Honestly, I just really don't understand this. It's basicaly saying "Want the next Souls game? Buy a PS4.". Maybe From plan to only release PS4 exclusives from now on? Why else would they essentially tie the future of their most successful franchise to a single platform?

It doesn't really change much for me personally, I'm just honestly bewildered by this whole thing. Fucking Japan man, it's like they're a different species sometimes.

Martius

Liturgist
The xbone and ps4 are essentially PCs under the hood. I don't see why this wouldn't be ported to PC sometimes in the future. My bet is 1 year console exclusive, then release on the PC.
Sony Japan Studio is also working on this game and Sony is publisher. I dont see that happening. Expect From Software they helped with other games but none of them got ported to non sony console or pc. Idea of spiritual successor sounds good but this title will probably remain exclusive, just like Demon Souls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom