Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Call of Saregnar - a Betrayal at Krondor-inspired RPG

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Finding publisher for a cRPG could be hard. What's your options? Owlcat? Kitfox? I don't think you're woke enough to fit with the crowd.
There is always Hooded Horse.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
We're on a very serious hunt for a publisher at the moment, which, if it goes through, will speed up development time considerably (me + others working on it full-time). Still, the game is far from finished, so please bear with me.
Please, don't go with Paradox whatever you do.
I REALLY wanna play this game, been waiting for something like that for half my life. If fucking Yog-Sothoth is interested let them make a deal with him.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
We're on a very serious hunt for a publisher at the moment, which, if it goes through, will speed up development time considerably (me + others working on it full-time). Still, the game is far from finished, so please bear with me.
Is this for ancillary services like marketing and PR assistance, or just for extra funds?

My kneejerk reaction is not to go with a publisher for just the latter (your options are going to be very limited anyways and possibly predatory).

I would consider actually getting a trustworthy partner that can start a kickstarter campaign for you.

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
Is this for ancillary services like marketing and PR assistance, or just for extra funds?

My kneejerk reaction is not to go with a publisher for just the latter (your options are going to be very limited anyways and possibly predatory).

I would consider actually getting a trustworthy partner that can start a kickstarter campaign for you.
Even though we can manage several areas besides development, we are still looking for the full package.

ropetight

Savant

Is a crossover between medieval gentry and horny cyber vampires possibility?

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Hooded Horse?

Least WOKE, financially and marketing wise capable, for small and sleeper hit indies. Manor Lords is their crown anchievment, they also publish RPGs

HypeTrain is other possibility

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Least WOKE, financially and marketing wise capable, for small and sleeper hit indies. Manor Lords is their crown anchievment, they also publish RPGs
Yeah, they're great, almost hard to believe they're American.

Manor Lords and Against the Storm have been huge hits, they should have some nice cash to throw around.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Rhuantavan Is the publisher's contracts/dealings confidential? I assume so, but still. I have always been curious about the Hooded Horse one. Someone told me it's just a marketing investment - they do the marketing for you. But not actually pay for development. I'm unsure though.

Rhuantavan

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Codex 2012
Rhuantavan Is the publisher's contracts/dealings confidential? I assume so, but still. I have always been curious about the Hooded Horse one. Someone told me it's just a marketing investment - they do the marketing for you. But not actually pay for development. I'm unsure though.
To be on the safe side, I won't be publishing anything remotely confidential. I hope to secure a complete package, even though, with enough money, we can put together a decent team to handle QA, marketing, additional devs, porting, localization, etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom