Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Caves of Lore - turn-based pixel art RPG inspired by classics

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Any tips as to how to make the dog not absolutely terrible? The main issue is that he's made of paper and goes down in every fight almost immediately. Sometimes I can get off a single stunning or frenzy hit but that's it.

I still love him though. He's a good boy.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Any tips as to how to make the dog not absolutely terrible? The main issue is that he's made of paper and goes down in every fight almost immediately. Sometimes I can get off a single stunning or frenzy hit but that's it.

Happened to my Brutus. Be sure to give him defensive traits, and put him one step further back in party formation.
You can also equip him with talismans, and other trinkets. My doggo has a blink spell, and a heal spell.

The undead seem to love to target him. The stunning hit helps, too.

Modron

Arcane
Be ever vigilant for his unique gear, I only found the collar but I think there is an item for each slot (these aren't included as secrets but seriously I dug up ever single spot on the maps and only found that one.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Be ever vigilant for his unique gear, I only found the collar but I think there is an item for each slot (these aren't included as secrets but seriously I dug up ever single spot on the maps and only found that one.
I did get him a sweet crest (helmet slot) by
talking to the mayor with him as the party leader.
Pretty cool.

Last edited:

LoreMaster

Red Plume
Developer
Well, I will definitely be checking that out! Not meant to be blocked, no.
A lot of doors seem to have this issue, where you can't get directly in front of them. I tried with the church again and now I can get right up to the door so not sure what is the deal there... Anyway, it's not a large issue, especially if its not repeatable.
I fixed it last night. If you see this issue with any other doors please let me know. Thanks!
I also fixed the weird damage bug that Kaivokz was getting. Pretty obscure, but there nontheless.

LoreMaster

Red Plume
Developer

There are 4 pieces of the dog armor set. They help a lot, but as others have said it's also good to set him up with defensive spells.
You can also load him up with charms when you find them (any slot).
Lastly, his damage and defense increase per level because he's an animal, so he keeps up with others to some degree.

ShaggyMoose

Savant
I fixed it last night. If you see this issue with any other doors please let me know. Thanks!
Haha good to know I wasn't crazy!

The dog is awesome once you get some armour for him and the "bite 3 enemies" attack. His take down move is also good for the stun.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
How do first aid skill work? Is it auto after every fights because I didn't notice any difference. Or is it related to regen while exploring?

Most dog equipment I found was buried. He became better with armor especially. Mostly using him for debuffing and stunning key targets. His stuns are OP.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
How do first aid skill work? Is it auto after every fights because I didn't notice any difference. Or is it related to regen while exploring?
I figured it was just the healing rate while resting. Which makes it not very worthwhile to put points into, given that when resting you usually either get interrupted immediately or not at all.

Stuns are great. All but one of my characters have some sort of stunning spell and/or ability. But then along come the unstunnable enemies.. :argh:

Speaking of which, I'm currently getting my ass kicked by the boss in the fungal caves. I don't see myself beating this fight without a lot of grinding. At least there are plenty of other places to go for now, but it's a bit sad having to put what I assume to be the main quest on hold. I like having a reason to do things.

LoreMaster

Red Plume
Developer

Most dog equipment I found was buried. He became better with armor especially. Mostly using him for debuffing and stunning key targets. His stuns are OP.
First aid can (it's a skill check) heal characters that are very low after combat (10% or less HP). In camp it aids healing all the way up to max.

Modron

Arcane
I thought there were only 6 pages for inventory.
Another 3 pages popup as you approach the limit (I had 9 when I finished I thought a patch added them), I guess since he says there is no limit another 3 would popup after that would have been nice to know I didn't have to bother loading stuff into chests (still a good place to keep all your notes and books).

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Another 3 pages popup as you approach the limit (I had 9 when I finished I thought a patch added them), I guess since he says there is no limit another 3 would popup after that would have been nice to know I didn't have to bother loading stuff into chests (still a good place to keep all your notes and books).
Yesterday, I spent 30 minutes selling stuff, and organizing my inventory. I was afraid of reaching the limit! I neatly put items in chests based on their category.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Yesterday, I spent 30 minutes selling stuff, and organizing my inventory. I was afraid of reaching the limit! I neatly put items in chests based on their category.
Aren't you adorable.

ShaggyMoose

Savant
I gave up trying to keep things organised and just used the helpful sort features as required. You can still easily sell crap you don't need by the stack.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
I'm currently getting my ass kicked by the boss in the fungal caves.
Went away for a while and did other stuff, then came back and killed it by abusing the ability to heal everyone to full for free by eating 15 steaks every turn. This mechanic seems a tiny bit unbalanced.

Also, I concur with the suggestion that the game should say why certain perks are locked.

Also also, my dog is blue.
annotation2023-07-040pqdvb.png

:?

Last edited:

LoreMaster

Red Plume
Developer
Went away for a while and did other stuff, then came back and killed it by abusing the ability to heal everyone to full for free by eating 15 steaks every turn. This mechanic seems a tiny bit unbalanced.

Also, I concur with the suggestion that the game should say why certain perks are locked.

Also also, my dog is blue.
annotation2023-07-040pqdvb.png

:?
I should probably allow 1 free item use per turn or something like that.
Yes, it's on my list of things to do to have more clarity with locked traits. Soon! :)
For the blue doggo, that's a bit odd, but I suppose you were dragging him and something didn't quite reset. I'll look into it.

ShaggyMoose

Savant
To be fair, that only lasts as long as you have steaks. I have killed most if not all of the boars around and I have about 70 steaks.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
To be fair, that only lasts as long as you have steaks. I have killed most if not all of the boars around and I have about 70 steaks.
True, but shortly after the steak feast I remembered crafting exists, so now I have 70 healing potions instead. And for a while now it's really only been bossfights that have given me enough trouble to need to resort to bingeing on consumables.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
WTF? I got teleported to a shadow realm, with powerful teleporting monster that I cannot harm with my silver hammer :/ I can handle 3 of them but latest group had 4 and with my MC being useless I got slaugthered fast. Called it a night after that and gonna kick those shadowy asses tonight. I really missed this kind of stuff. Me likey <3

:love:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom