Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter

racofer

Thread Incliner
yOnxX4G.png

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Annnd Done. Now I can go back to game dev.
I like the post-credit stuff where each of the characters question your choices.
The good ending was great and felt like a full circle for a Nomad character especially if you romance Judy
The story didn't really go anywhere. I'm unsure if I'll do another playthrough in the near future I'll probably wait till it gets 2 years of patching lol

Final Thoughts on the game. Amazing game world Night City is gonna be a place you remember for a long time just because of how good it looked. Eh Gameplay by the end of the game all of the systems were rendered redundant and the game turns into a pure FPS, and the Marketing was blatantly misleading to what this game really was. They went too far overboard.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
It shows the difference between the two studios when it comes to making the open world feel alive. It's quite staggering, really, especially considering GTA 5 came out 7 years ago.

To be fair, GTA 5 is also the last in a series rather than the first. It's not like all of those features were in GTA3. You had GTA 3, VC, SA, 4, 5 and a few stand alone DLCs. Each title iterated on things, so while the tech and ideas are out, it's not like CDPR had the stuff built in to their engine to build on.
GTA3 physics and reactions were messed up and the world was a lot less reactive than 5.

It reminds me of mass effect 3. A lot of people got hyped up expecting mass effect 2 but better,then they end up with retarded DLC and lootbox garbage lol.
Outrage towards ME3 mostly lied with the endings (or lack thereof amirite). The game kind of held on by the seams up until that point, if compared to the general quality of ME2.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I also find it annoying that the hottest available girl for a romance is a dyke and can't be banged as a male V.
Now wait a minute. Not that I give a shit about videogame romances but in a game where you can be a dude, a dude with tits, a dude that thinks he's a chick, a chick, a chick with pecks and a chick that thinks she's a dude- how exactly does it determine who the dyke will or won't bang? And more importantly, where is all the relevant twitter drama? Just wondering.

Popcorn, please. Make it a large one.
You have to pick a female body and voice. Probably a vag too.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Im positively surprised by the difficulty. Im playing on hardest and its really hard to stealth through/fight through.

Everything's a HP tank on hardest, no thank you.

Shooting a naked unaugmented ganger 30 times in the head with the most powerful handgun known to man and cyberdicks.

GOTY.

Darkzone

Arcane
Hmm.... it seems my "degenerate" disdain has protected me from a failure.
Now think why paying $100k salary in Poland was a sign of a screw up. Why pandering to Degenerates is a sign of a screw up. Why Veganism is a sign for a screw up.

Kinda funny, because most of the people who are "enjoying" Cyberpunk 2077 only talks about the visuals and atmosphere, but nothing about the gameplay.
Yes, it's a conspiracy. I'm only pretending to enjoy the game. In fact true satisfaction comes from watching the reactions of NPCs on the street.

Well, if you're enjoying this shitty shooter, mediocre RPG mixed with a shallow open world but with some pretty visuals here and there and a cool setting, that's fine then. Everyone has their tastes.

Hellion

Arcane
OK, what I said earlier about choices impacting your ending has to be modified.

The "endings" are separated into two segments: the actual end-game mission, and the epilogue. With that in mind, it turns out that you can actually gain access to all 3 different end-game missions (and 5-6 possible epilogues) if you simply do every main mission and the most important side-missions, period.

Your actual choices during the game's main and side missions affect the world's state (which is also reflected in News Reports etc), who lives and who dies, your relationship with characters, how these characters progress in their lives (and all of the above affects some small "messages" left to V by the most prominent characters in the game, which play during the end credits, like RobotSquirrel added earlier), as well as your quest rewards of course. But after the "point of no return", every end-game mission and epilogue becomes available simply by having done everthing.

All possible endings are bittersweet at most, anyway. No "happy endings" in Night City.

PS. There are also reports of a "secret end-game mission" that is only available if you have acted friendly-ish towards Johnny throughout the game (it seems to keep a separate "Johnny Score"), but I haven't found this yet. A video of this should surface in the next few days/months if it indeed exists.

PS1. Rushing the game and getting to the ending as early as possible leads to a pretty depressing ending, lol. I'm laughing out loud thinking that snowflake reviewers rushed the game, received this ending and started trashing the game because "muh emotions".

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
It reminds me of mass effect 3. A lot of people got hyped up expecting mass effect 2 but better,then they end up with retarded DLC and lootbox garbage lol.
Outrage towards ME3 mostly lied with the endings (or lack thereof amirite). The game kind of held on by the seams up until that point, if compared to the general quality of ME2.

That's not to say the endings were the only bad thing. There were graphical downgrades too and the skill system was nonexistant.

wyes gull

Savant
I also find it annoying that the hottest available girl for a romance is a dyke and can't be banged as a male V.
Now wait a minute. Not that I give a shit about videogame romances but in a game where you can be a dude, a dude with tits, a dude that thinks he's a chick, a chick, a chick with pecks and a chick that thinks she's a dude- how exactly does it determine who the dyke will or won't bang? And more importantly, where is all the relevant twitter drama? Just wondering.

Popcorn, please. Make it a large one.
You have to pick a female body and voice. Probably a vag too.
Kinda curious now to see what happens when you spring a surprise penis on the lesbian. "*record scratch* *freeze frame* *surprised pikachu face*", anyone?

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
It's not like all of those features were in GTA3
GTA 3 had dynamic pathfinding for pedestrians and cars, it had dynamic weather, it had proper police AI that could chase the player on foot and behind the wheel, and even set up roadblocks. If an NPC gets killed or injured an ambulance will eventually come to their aid, if something is on fire a firetruck will arrive and put the fire out. NPCs actually react when you do something - if you punch them'll either run away or fight you, if you try to run them over they'll try to jump out of the way, if you steal their car they will take it back, if you damage their car they might attempt to attack you, if you shoot a weapon in their vicinity they will try to run away as far as possible, and if they are in a car they will floor it. The game allowed you to purchase multiple hideouts, and there was actually more than 3 prostitutes total in the whole city.

GTA 3 came out in 2001.

We can go back even further, to GTA 1 and 2, that also had dynamic pathfinding and proper police AI.

GTA 1 came out in 1997, GTA 2 came out in 1999.

CDPR's magnum $300m opus lacks features that were present in a game from 1997.

I still remember when people were roasting Ubisoft about the first Watch_Dogs. 2077 makes WD look like a masterpiece in comparison. That game had proper AI, better stealth, better hacking, better vehicle handling, better weapons, actual side activities, dynamic weather, etc.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

TheDiceMustRoll

Game Analist
Kinda funny, because most of the people who are "enjoying" Cyberpunk 2077 only talks about the visuals and atmosphere, but nothing about the gameplay.
Yes, it's a conspiracy. I'm only pretending to enjoy the game. In fact true satisfaction comes from watching the reactions of NPCs on the street.

This is coming from a man who famously ejaculated on an Iron Bull resin statue to show his love for the character

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom