Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Okay I've been complaining a lot but your first interactions with Keanu are really well made.
The game excels at its scripted sequences. That's not great from a gameplay perspective but it's still noteworthy.

That's what I've been saying all along. Some of the story stuff really knocks it out of the park in terms of the "being there" sense of immersion (particularly the composite MQ, and for me especially the Panam quest line part of it). If you take it as an occasionally quasi-cinematic experience, roleplay a consistent character in the dialogues and get into it, the whole thing works very well.

But even things like combat, progression and gear are ok to good if you play on Hard and as you get more and more into the trees. It's the best gameplay I've ever experienced in any CDPR game to date, that's for sure, and although that isn't setting such a high bar, it's nice to observe and nice for them that they've improved those aspects over TW3 (where much of that was laughably popamole out of the box).

The worst things about this whole phenomenon seem to be the questionable business practices re. the PS4 debacle and (in terms of the game itself, I would contend) the current semi-brokenness of the quest-giving system clumping up quest-giving at inappropriate moments; but other than that, if you take it in the spirit that it's offered, the game is mostly good and occasionally brilliant. Most of the other things people are pissing and moaning about are either trivial and fixable or a matter of personal taste. (For example I see no reason why janky traffic isn't fixable, and it's been pretty rare for me anyway; and I don't expect every random NPC to give me a learned disquisition on the pros and cons of Aristotelian vs Platonic essentialism - though it might have been nice to explore questions like that with T-Bug and Dex :) )

Oh, and the UI is still eyebleeding trash.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The fuck i care about your meme. ME1&2 are good games,same as DA:O. If they were shit people would have went berserk over ME3 lol.
I'm starting to understand why you do have that tag now.

And you look like one of those decrepit old fagz that played two games 30 years ago and think themself RPG experts. While coming here to complain and bitch about anything new.

bloodlover

Arcane
Come to the conclusion that crafting is bad. Recycle your trash items to reroll another trash item. Only worth it if you get epic/legendary crafting blueprints but I've only found one looted blueprint in 12+ hours, and only seen basic versions in shops. Still in the first city zone though so maybe it gets better. Upgrading is nice to keep a good item relevant for a couple levels but quickly gets too expensive.

Higher rarity item are, well, rare so not sure how to get the mats to build anything without buying them. All the perks just make crafting more efficient, your only really benefit is a few perks that can provide a damage boost of 10% over an uncrafted item. Hardly worth maxing out a skill for.

Rare weapons start dropping quite often later in the game. 30+ hours in and I am decked in epics and one random unique pistol. I am still unsure if I should go for upgrading or crafting, though my stealthy V rarely uses her silenced pistol. Cyberpsychos are not always fun but so far I didn't have any issues with them.

And you look like one of those decrepit old fagz that played two games 30 years ago and think themself RPG experts. While coming here to complain and bitch about anything new.
No, I'm just not hellbent on praising ME2 as anything spectacular in comparison to ME3. I did enjoy Dragon Age Origins, hell a few posts back I praised RDR2 also, so I wouldn't know what delusions are you having right now.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
lol wtf

you literally get a bunch of iconic blueprints at the start of the game and then epic+ blueprints start appearing around organized crime activities and weapon shops

that's not even speaking about the fact that the crafting skill itself gives you epic blueprints at 13

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
i have been playing with maxing crafting first and I have been playing with a legendary weapon since before starting act 2

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
i get like people not liking some parts but the extreme hate it's getting it just makes no sense

Tbh I don't see it receiving special hate here. It's being criticised in the Action RPG aspects, but that's fair considering we are on the Codex. If we don't question these things nobody will do, mass users are to busy shiting on the game because muh drivers AI and muh lack of minigames.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
i get like people not liking some parts but the extreme hate it's getting it just makes no sense

The game could have been a 10/10 masterpiece and it still would have been hated by many online because of the hype. It is what it is. Not saying it's some amazing thing, just saying the quality didn't really matter, it was destined for this.

I will say if you're someone who praised Skyrim, as many in the mainstream did, then you have zero standing to bash this game.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Why the hell can you not tell people right away that Yoshinobu is the one who killed Saburo? Dexter, the japanese marlboro man, Victor... It's so fucking weird. Your char just doesn't even try. Even if it wouldn't make a difference, why is that not an option...
Well in case of Dexter and the likes... it doesn't matter. The important thing is that they frame you and Dex will still get fucked just by being related to you, the fall guys. Dex betraying you is almost certain even if he believes you or something. "Quite life over blaze of glory" after all. It is even a plot-point that you know, you are a fucking shitstain of society and the other guy is the heir apparent of a megacorp. Your word against him doesn't work at all. Which is why the bodyguard is trying to build the case with you. Even if your friend believes you you will still get hunted as dogs.

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet

Let me translate from Disappointed SJW Speak to English- "There is not enough white cops murdering dindu nuffins good boyz like Saint George Floyd, there aren't enough redneck white men lynching trannies, there aren't enough sexual assaults on danger haired lesbo hamplanets by cis-gendered white male scum, there is no Donald Trump dictator in the plot"

Yea, I wondered what he meant by "political" and imagined something like that. "Megacorporations being the big baddies instead of FASCISTS, Trump and white people in general...b-but" XDDDDDDD

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom