Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Sherry

Arcane
cyberpunk_2077_dildos-10.jpg

Is it a dildo or a shit on the table? Can't really tell.

Hi.

gosh. Gosh! GOSH!

What difference does it make to you? They'll both be coming out of your ass anyway.

Thanks,
Sherry

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Could be worse, at least it has stats.

I expected GTA cyberpunk with TW3 story. I got Deus Ex with TW3 story system wise. Though it reminds to be seen whatever this system will hold up later. So far it seems fine much better than i expected for CDPR and their gameplay jank.

My only gripe with system so far is armor values and weapon damage scaling. It feels bolted on top of game rather than integrated. For example my starting gun was 50dps and now i finished prologue and it is 110dps. MEanwhile i took some corpo rifles coming from top end manufacturer on the job and they are 70. It feels like damage scaling should be flatter here. At the same time it is not as crazy as in TW3.
Can you play as Ooga with melee only, no ranged skills and no brain skills?

They are 100% going to change the loot system and RPG progression in the coming months.

Whoever designed those systems have no business in making a "RPG."

It's like they thought Borderlands was a good game or something.

Dexter

Arcane
Each time I look at my mirror, at home. I wear no pants.
My inventory says I have pants.
My reflexion says no pants.

I don't know.

4oetonysqd461.jpg

They apparently implemented flying cars after all!
rghl00ny3d461.png

y89wv43fdd461.png

5xuzk43mdd461.png

If you're playing this game on a seven year old console or a potato, you deserve to have a shit experience. PC Master Race is real for a reason, build a patrician rig or go play Assassin's Creed you scrubbos.
"You don't need to cater to the majority of your customers (or at least provide them with a functioning experience) with your shitty GTA clone."

It's really no wonder they didn't allow for any "console reviews" Pre-release. Not to mention that this isn't only about consoles and I've seen people with 2080s or 3080s mention that they've been playing on Low or similar for a workable experience.

Last edited:
Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Really can't overstate how bad the graphics are in its current state
As the official Codex bully of Polish femboys I have to say you are wrong about that. It looks very nice, the game is well optimized and can run on ultra on a toaster. Presentation, if we don't take bugs into account like all the rest of the jank, such as T-posing people and all that, is actually the one thing the game has going for it. Turns out there are crowds on PC, just as many NPCs as in Sabotain, turns out that poster I posted about in the megathread was in the game and it was just the PS4 version that was cucked. Graphics, animations and all that is the one thing this game has.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
As the official Codex bully of Polish femboys I have to say you are wrong about that. It looks very nice, the game is well optimized and can run on ultra on a toaster. Presentation, if we don't take bugs into account like all the rest of the jank, such as T-posing people and all that, is actually the one thing the game has going for it. Turns out there are crowds on PC, just as many NPCs as in Sabotain, turns out that poster I posted about in the megathread was in the game and it was just the PS4 version that was cucked. Graphics, animations and all that is the one thing this game has.

PC version looks fine, I was talking about the poor peasant version on lastgen base consoles.

Even the PS5/XboxS doesn't look great since it's basically the same version of the game but with backwards comp.

Fuck, maybe I'll just upgrade my PC.

KVVRR

Learned
I dont know what kind of toasters you use but my PC can't even crack 40 constant fps with a 2060 super equivalent (5700 xt) while out in the city with everything on low.

Machocruz

Arcane
Pondsmith must be the new Sapkowski. In a couple of years he will sue them asking for a portion of profits beyond the initial 10k he's got for the license :smug:
I'm beginning to think he was just happy that CDPR-senpai noticed him and he'd be fine if they made a Facebook game out of the license.

Perkel

Arcane
Well last time people were complaining that PC got shawted with downscaled game graphics wise due to consoles.
Now it is the other way around... Game is legit best looking game ever atm. It is not just tech that is very impressive but art wise this game fucks on so many levels.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
promises were made
SmPHk7G.png

tell me, 'dexers... were promises kept?

Well if you reduce the marketing brabble:
1. Sure.
They didn't make the world themselves but the world is good.

2. Mostly Yes.
It is gripping and detail filled. Non linear is a bit hard to tell on first playthrough but early quests usually allow at least for some variation. And background gives a lot of special dialogue and stuff.

3. Lol no.
It is based on the P&P but reduced at nihilum. I hate systems where you are expected to raise your base attributes this much over gameplay, you start with a minimum of 3 in each stat and a maximum of 6, and you can raise them up to 20. The only neat thing is flat locked dialogue choices for base attributes which is relatively rarely done, but not a bad idea really.

4. Debatable.
It is a classless system, but you can definitly make distinct builds that resemble classes.

5. Generally yes.
Gigantic is a tough word, but there is a lot of programms and gun types and everything.

6. Clear no.
The only standard they raised is for schlongs and blowjobs in AAA gaming. Pathfinder Kingmaker still has them beat for most broken rpg on release. I had a few absurd bugs, but nothing game breaking. Most annoying one was that my guns turn invisible from time to time.
The game overall is strangely not very ambitious. I am pretty sure a lot of cool shit got scrapped to meet tight deadlines and hasn't survived the multiple delays.

Terenty

Liturgist
So how do you enjoy the living and breathing world of Night City, hm?

Came up to a noodle stand and the vendor said "fuck off", very immersive

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Oh some interesting stuff:
On max difficulty you are actually quite tanky for a shootan rpg. You can stand and tank a salvo from an enemy and survive in the red, if he is not an elite or anything. Stray headshots will not take you out.
Your damage output also stays relatively high. The game gives you a lot of skills and tools to boost your damage, and with my fancy revolver I can kill enemy in two shots usually, which come out very fast. Even bosses aren't ultra tanky like in other games.
You are less vulnerable than in Fallout 4 survival mode while dealing more damage for comparison.
This makes the game pretty easy on max.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom