Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

it's 199% legit. this article https://screenrant.com/cyberpunk-2077-npcs/ will also give you a good laugh if you played the game already.

Not only is this legit, when you get hit by a car, there's no ragdoll physics for the player, instead the game stutters and you teleport to the ground.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
let's say the game really was in development for 4 years (it feels like they rushed this game out in 2), did nobody at cdpr during all that time notice that the game needs some sort of traffic AI for the world to feel even slightly believeable?
or some general reactivity with the npcs that run around? honestly it's hard to believe the devs don't know what kind if turd this game is. they must laughing their ass off right now with reviewers giving them a 91% for an open world game that's pretty much missing any open world AI.
Lets make no bones of it, let's not shift the goal posts and redefine any language.

Cyberpunk 2077 was in development for 8 years. Pre-production still counts as development. You're still building assets, creating gameplay in a pre alpha state, developing your game. The game restarted development completely 3 times. But that's still development. The game looks like it was rushed out in 2 years because it was. CDPR spent 6 of an 8 year dev time playing silly buggers. They had 8 FUCKING YEARS to develop the game, were given more leeway than any dev has ever had or ever will again. And THIS

Eo4y_zIXEAMcJNZ

is what they came up with.

Stop giving them excuses when I have talked to actual CDPR devs. And other devs in the industry. They LAUGH at you constantly for being so idiotic and having such low standards. They know they can get away with this shit. And you let them.

I think CDPR is getting the backlash that the state of the game deserves. Yeah, there are blind idiot fanboys, but every piece of media has those and we learned to tune them out.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Question: is there any real point to non-lethal takedowns? Game doesn't seem to care if you murder everyone. Also, how do you level the Cold Blood and Engineer skills?
I think the point is that non-lethal makes no sound, and might also be some C&C involved, but I'm not 100% sure.

Dethroned by RTX series actually, 20XX series included. DLSS is what gives it the advantage over older Pascal architecture, even if they are equals when it comes to conventional TFLOPS.

That only really became true with DLSS 2.0, which is relatively recent. Until that point DLSS was kind of a meme and the 2080TI wasn't THAT much more powerful than the 1080TI. And it cost a lot more than the 1080TI did when it was king.
That's the reason I skipped the 20xx generation. It was also clear that the RTX tech would get refined heavily after the first generation of cards - the Super line came just 6 months later which really fucked people who had bought the non-super line. But now I'll have to wait to about spring to get a 3080 at a non-scalper price. I won't settle for less than 3080. Also, 3080ti is probably around the corner. Some people "datamined" the string from the latest drivers' files.

There's things in the game that aren't bugs, but literally underdeveloped stuff. The contrast between the main campaign, missions and the "open world stuff" is shocking in terms of care and attention. Some elements could require a lot of time to fix, to the point that I'll be not surprised if CD Projekt decides to not address those issues at all.

I'm liking the game so far, but as Witcher 3 has problems here an there in terms of design. The game is carried again by muh atmosphere: Story, chars, the art direction, music, the whole citiy itself and the appreciation for details (When there's not bugs involved spoiling your fun).
This brings me to my old rant that they didn't need to make it an open world game - except in order to capture the mouthbreather audience. Deus Ex or Witcher 1 style hubs would have been perfect. I wouldn't mind loading screens between districts, as I'm sure no one else around here. But it's just that the present day retard wants to have everything that marketing has convinced him is cool - complex plot, branching story, but also open world, free driving, no loading screens, and god forbid it won't run well on his console, that's worth less than a bottle of whiskey of the same age - 7 y.o.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
let's say the game really was in development for 4 years (it feels like they rushed this game out in 2), did nobody at cdpr during all that time notice that the game needs some sort of traffic AI for the world to feel even slightly believeable?
or some general reactivity with the npcs that run around? honestly it's hard to believe the devs don't know what kind if turd this game is. they must laughing their ass off right now with reviewers giving them a 91% for an open world game that's pretty much missing any open world AI.

Why do you care about those things when you have KEEEEEAAANNNUUU REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVEES in the game? You people bitch about the most frivolous things.

This but unironically.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
"Depth of Field" really make this game look like shit. Like, shockingly. It just makes everything fuzzy and blurry, and makes the colors muddy, even stuff that's not in the distance. I wasn't all that impressed with this game's visuals, but I wasn't sure what was wrong with them until I turned it off. I turned it off and suddenly everything was sharp and clear with incredibly vibrant colors. I honestly don't know who would prefer the look of the game with DoF on.

Get rid of film grain and Chromatic aberration too. They went way over the top with these 3 features which should be used sparingly. Like, every minor light you pass by in a hallway will result in Chromatic Aberation lens flares. It ruins the visuals.

Taurist

Scholar
having had much more time to play this game, it sure feels weird that they took this long to make what is effectively a ubisoft game.
Even Ubisoft struggled at making a Ubisoft GTA. Watch Dogs was as much of a disaster as Cyberpunk is a generation ago. Its just a substantially more complex kind of game, and they really werent up to it.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
This brings me to my old rant that they didn't need to make it an open world game - except in order to capture the mouthbreather audience. Deus Ex or Witcher 1 style hubs would have been perfect. I wouldn't mind loading screens between districts, as I'm sure no one else around here. But it's just that the present day retard wants to have everything that marketing has convinced him is cool - complex plot, branching story, but also open world, free driving, no loading screens, and god forbid it won't run well on his console, that's worth less than a bottle of whiskey of the same age - 7 y.o.

Nah. There's a "holy shit" factor to wandering around the city, even in areas where there's really nothing unique to interact with. I've only played a bit (so maybe I'm not seeing the seams yet), but at least architecturally and in terms of design, it doesn't feel like the typical video game city where buildings are copy-pasted and assets are reused everywhere. Even Vizima in Witcher, which was pretty big and had distinct districts with unique landmarks and feels, still seemed to have tons of copy-pasted buildings. In terms of total square footage for the game's entire map, it's actually fairly small as far as open world games go. But so much detail is crammed into the design of the city, and it's also very vertical.

This is what I'd rather open world games be. Smaller world maps, but with much more care and attention given to design, instead of just endless reused assets between interest points.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Well, to be honest that guy is a bottom feeder who is apparently running the game from his grandmother's 5400rpm TEAC HDD.

I know you joke, but I'm pretty sure it's console footage.

Nah. There's a "holy shit" factor to wandering around the city, even in areas where there's really nothing unique to interact with. I've only played a bit (so maybe I'm not seeing the seams yet), but at least architecturally and in terms of design, it doesn't feel like the typical video game city where buildings are copy-pasted and assets are reused everywhere. Even Vizima in Witcher, which was pretty big and had distinct districts with unique landmarks and feels, still seemed to have tons of copy-pasted buildings. In terms of total square footage for the game's entire map, it's actually fairly small as far as open world games go. But so much detail is crammed into the design of the city, and it's also very vertical.

This is what I'd rather open world games be. Smaller world maps, but with much more care and attention given to design, instead of just endless reused assets between interest points.

Too bad there's nothing to do outside of Ubisoft open-world garbage.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I've had 5 minor glitches in 8 hours.

This is far less than Codex favorite Kingdom Come : Deliverance, after waiting for it to be fully patched.

Some of us actually enjoy the game.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
BTW supposedly this game doesn't use CPU much? My 5900X is at 50% just standing outside my apartment. At least 10 threads being more or less fully utilized.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Lol, so far I haven't seen any real viable build path beyond amping up assault and handgun. Almost everything else is subpar. I like tech weapons, but they feel like electric nerf guns, not real firearms.

tech sniper does 700+ damage with headshots. I've cleared whole areas just running around knifing everyone. Plus stealth works fine. Haven't even opened up hacking yet and that would spread my points around too much. So I can see at least 2-3 builds for different playthroughs, assuming leveling past the curve isn't too easy.

That's way more than Geralt 'pick how overpowered you want your sword attacks to be via mutagens' W3.

bloodlover

Arcane
"Depth of Field" really make this game look like shit. Like, shockingly. It just makes everything fuzzy and blurry, and makes the colors muddy, even stuff that's not in the distance. I wasn't all that impressed with this game's visuals, but I wasn't sure what was wrong with them until I turned it off. I turned it off and suddenly everything was sharp and clear with incredibly vibrant colors. I honestly don't know who would prefer the look of the game with DoF on.

Get rid of film grain and Chromatic aberration too. They went way over the top with these 3 features which should be used sparingly. Like, every minor light you pass by in a hallway will result in Chromatic Aberation lens flares. It ruins the visuals.

Thank you so much for this! I kept playing around with settings because everything was so fuzzy looking but this saved me. :love:

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Now that people actually have their hands on the game, I'm glancing over some harsh criticism. Makes me feel better about waiting on this because it sounds like it needs an enhanced edition or CDPR reflected on what TW3 did poorly, paused and said, "Nah, we're mostly good with what we've got".

-Myriad of technical problems (buggy, poorly optimized) everyone is familiar with by now. Though some have had virtually no technical issues.
-RPG elements are shallow. Perks are all bland, customization is minimal, cyberware is uncreative compared to Deus Ex, lifepath only opens up the occasional exclusive dialogue option, V has hardly any variety in dialogue options. A lot more linear than you might believe.
-Overwhelmed with lootershooter mechanics that encourage you to churn through gear every 15 minutes for minor incremental stat gains and crafting is extraordinarily rote (holy shit they didn't learn from TW3 at all).
-Controls are poor. Needs many QoL additions.
-World is essentially populated by mannequins. NPCs on the streets have the bare minimum reaction to your actions, or none at all when stealing right in front of them. Police chases are short-lived. One player hacked open a door that two NPCs were complaining about being locked, and they continued to argue as if nothing changed.

Maybe I'll play it just for the story in a few months, because the game sounds rough. I'm more disappointed by the claims it did nothing to improve as an RPG compared to TW3, because this was a fresh start for CDPR that offered a great opportunity to build something deeper, down to giving you a blank slate. Feels like my worst fears the game would juggle a lot of elements selected from what's popular, but poorly execute most of them, was realized. Then again some of you are playing it, so are the criticisms fair enough?
this is clown world for you:

buy a fridge, take it home, plug it in, see it doesn't cool.

you make a list of pros and cons of the fridge:

+ i like the color
+ i like that it's big
- i don't like that it's not cooling

you take it back to the store and the clerc asks you:

have you used this fridge for more than 2 hours?

so you say:

of course, i wanted to see if it works.

so he says:

yeah, you can't have your money back. it's company policy to deny refunds to people who want to see if it works.

and you say: alright, sorry to bother you, i'll be on my way now.

and leave like a good sheep.

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kb04ks/i_keep_accidentally_having_sex_with_men/

I keep accidentally having sex with men

When you have to pick angel or skye I thought angel was the chick so this guy puts the moves on me, then later this guy outside a club asks me if I want a dance and im like, oh lets go in I bet I get to choose which dancer I get. NO. This man takes you in a room and bangs you with an unskippable cutscene. Imma delta out to rdr2 for a while choombas.

Tl;dr: Ordered a pink taco but got BURRITO XXL instead

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom