Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
To clarify: it is DRM for piggyback, not for the CP77 main game.
Exactly. And it is not even a CDPR's company, they licensed the map from CDPR. That is why this is not DRM for neither CDPR nor CP77, opposite to what was implied in Racofer's post.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Exactly. And it is not even a CDPR's company, they licensed the map from CDPR. That is why this is not DRM for neither CDPR nor CP77, opposite to what was implied in Racofer's post.

It may be inaccurate, but not really opposite to what was implied. GOG sells it, and is a subsidary of CD Projekt.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

It may be inaccurate, but not really opposite to what was implied. GOG sells it, and is a subsidary of CD Projekt.
How does it make the game use DRM? I can download the game and use it without internet connection. External map sites are not part o fthe game in any way whatsoever.

We have plenty of valid things to hate about the game or CDPR, so let's not start grasping at straws about stupid shit which are obviously not true.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
honestly after watching the stream i'm kinda done with hating the game and shitting on cdpr. the two male devs who were there exuded so much submissive soy energy that i would feel like huge asshole if i just kept shitting on them. like hitting someone who's not willing to even defend themselves.

Peachcurl

Cipher
How does it make the game use DRM? I can download the game and use it without internet connection. External map sites are not part o fthe game in any way whatsoever.

We have plenty of valid things to hate about the game or CDPR, so let's not start grasping at straws about stupid shit which are obviously not true.

That's not what was implied, at least I didn't read that into the post. It may implied in some of the posts on the GOG forum though.

Edit: I don't hate the game, neither do I hate CD Projekt. But selling shit like that (piggyback) with a very questionable product description is a poor move on account of GOG.com, and by extension their owners at CD Projekt

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer

That's not what was implied, at least I didn't read that into the post. It may implied in some of the posts on the GOG forum though.

Edit: I don't hate the game, neither do I hate CD Projekt. But selling shit like that (piggyback) with a very questionable product description is a poor move on account of GOG.com, and by extension their owners at CD Projekt
It was implied in a way that on the game's storepage, racofer pointed out the DRM free label, and the description which says "you don't need internet connection to access the game", then sarcastically saying "fuck drm right? ", implying that CDPR's move goes against their DRM free games policy. While no, it doesn't, the game is 100% DRM free, it's just that they have an external map site which costs money and you need internet for it.
I falsly thought that racofer linked the game's website, while in fact it was the GOG store page of the piggyback map.

Last edited:

Peachcurl

Cipher
It was implied in a way that on the game's storepage, racofer pointed out the DRM free label, and the description which says "you don't need internet connection to access the game", then sarcastically saying "fuck drm right? ", implying that CDPR's move goes against their DRM free games policy. While no, it doesn't, the game is 100% DRM free, it's just that they have an external map site which costs money and you need internet for it.

But that's not the storepage of the game, it's the storepage of the "piggyback" map.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer

But that's not the storepage of the game, it's the storepage of the "piggyback" map.
Damn, I haven't noticed it. I stand corrected.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Yet, it's listed as an official DLC for Cyberpunk 2077:

KNRMj7N.png

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Trying too hard:

This is the first episode of our brand new series"It's All about You" — the show where we present community-created content from all around the world!

Without you, this series would not be possible. Want to be featured in one of the future episodes? Find out more here: https://cdprojektred.com/AAY

I remember when fan art was some crap some nerd would draw with his tongue sticking out, and we tolerated it the way you'd tolerate your retarded brother, and because it was a shared enthusiasm.

Now it's just a showcase for cunts to whore their "skillz" out for corporate jobs.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Well they are working on traffic AI this is the first patch that made any changes to it so maybe in a year time gta tards will get their police chases.

Cars can finally avoid some obstacles on the road and dont stop like retards for nothing. :hahano:

racofer

Thread Incliner
I blame Skyrim for the fate of Cyberpunk and many other games.

Fucking braindead game designers and especially the retards in charge completely forgot about the benefits of hub-based game design. Instead, they pour all their resources in a vain attempt at chasing "muh open werld" while neglecting everything else.

Terenty

Liturgist
Oh boy, this was such a delicious trainwreck of a release, i already feel nostalgic.

Will we ever witness anything else on the same level?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom