Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
In all honesty, there's not very much interesting gameplay to be had anyway, so all they are losing on at the moment is the cost of the game.

The game is just seriously boring to play.

Just like any RPG-lite with shitton of voice acting and cutscenes

Shitposter
anyone who thought the game would work on those consoles is an idiot

https://www.gamesradar.com/cyberpun...nt-gen-consoles-according-to-cd-projekts-ceo/

iAAhSRS.png

Yes yes, it is totally the users' fault the game marketed for their consoles doesn't work.

At least put some effort towards your trolling in the future, son.

yeah, sorry, but if you think CP2077 is gonna run as it's meant to be experienced on your 10 year old shitbox you're a moron. companies try to mislead people that they're selling shit to, this is nothing new, it's up to you as to whether you believe it or not

Slaver1

Savant
"Overall, women make up 26 percent of CDPR's total staff, which is an increase from 2018. CDPR also pointed out that it's much higher than the Polish game industry average of 15.5 percent. The number of female developers working for CDPR has grown every year since 2017, and the percentage compared to men has stayed around the same, fluctuating between 24 percent and 27 percent."

Iron Balls McGinty

It's like playing a 1C game ruski game, it's equal measures of this is brilliant fun and omg wtf is this buggy crap.

Still having a great time.

bloodlover

Arcane
Has anyone dabbled with crafting? Is it worth just upgrading uniques or crafting your or stuff is the way to go? Asking because I randomly bought a unique gun and I quite like it, it's miles better than what I had.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The only people that can even play this at anywhere close to resembling an acceptable level are "computer gamers" with the highest-end rigs which happens to be the only thing they allowed Pre-release reviews to be made on

I've got an old i3 6100 @ 3.70Ghz, 8GB RAM, a GTX970, some old SSDs, and an ancient 1680x1050 monitor, on massaged settings somewhere inbetween Medium and High, and it runs good-looking and trouble free at about 45-50 fps (with a big of chugging in some of the particularly intense scripted scenes). The old girl's fans are whining quite a bit, but I haven't had one crash in nearly 12 hours of gameplay. I could get slicker gameplay on Low, but I'm too much of a graphics whore. The worst graphical glitches I've had have been Jackie eating his noodles with multiple chopsticks and a few floating credit cards. So you definitely don't need a top of the range rig to experience the game at a playable level.

Re. the older consoles, I think it's like RNG - of course it's possible to be just that unlucky person who encounters glitch after glitch, while most people have a fairly trouble-free experience, and with a lot of players, you're going to get some players having that unlucky experience. Looks like about (ahem) 300-odd of them in the entire world have been pissed off enough to vote the thing down and make angry videos. Compared to how many actually playing the game?

(Not that it shouldn't be perfect ofc, nor that those customers don't have a right to be angry with the product, or even ask for a refund; but some people are way over-reacting.)

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
I'm about 2 hours in. No bugs, no clipping, looks good.

It's just . . . I dunno. Existing.

When I got really into Outward I was sitting on my couch, looking at builds and puzzling over what equipment to buy. When I got really into Elite: Dangerous I was obsessing over ships, weapon damage, jump drive distance, etc. When I got really into Underrail I started the game three times and woke up at 4:30 am one day, for no reason at all, to play it.

I cannot see that happening here. I'm already looking for an excuse to get out of my chair. The dog needs a walk, maybe I'll go do that.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The real problem is that this title was pushed back twice citing polishing and debugging. This is primarily the reason why people have 0 mercy right now. Can you fault them?

Semiurge

Cipher
I just think it's rather telling that when shills say they're getting "great performance" at High settings they really mean 30FPS and below. That's not acceptable. It's not acceptable that on my GTX 1080 TI (a card more powerful than the majority of both the 2000 and 3000 series baring the 3080 which is only slightly better)I can barely manage 30-40FPS on MEDIUM SETTINGS when the graphics simply aren't good enough on those settings to justify that performance. That's CDPRs fault not mine. My PC performs in the top 5% of PCs, it was expensive as fuck. It should have more than enough power to handle Cyberpunk. So don't fucking say to "just get a better graphics card". Baring in mind, the 3080 can only just manage 60FPS with raytracing off anyway. Cyberpunk should not be running as bad as it does on top of the line gaming PCs. Full stop.
My 3080 is getting me 130-180 FPS, most settings at Ultra preset, DLSS Quality, RT off. 1440p.

So please fuck off with your 60 FPS lmao

BTW the 1080TI is dramatically outperformed by the 3080

Time hits the hardest blows, especially on the e-peen :(

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
holy shit at the user metacritic score. for a dev that claims they are all about their fanbase this is a slap in the face. i wonder if they get the message.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The real problem is that this title was pushed back twice citing polishing and debugging. This is primarily the reason why people have 0 mercy right now. Can you fault them?

If I had to make a wild guess, it was because the lastgen console versions didn't even load the game or ran it at a buttery smooth 12 FPS before the last delay.

Do any of the Normies complain about RPG mechanics? Or is it all about the technical aspects?

What RPG mechanics? It's an action adventure, through and through.

Progression trees right now are garbage % modifiers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom