Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Diggfinger

Arcane
Sawyer to outdo CDPR designers :cool:
Damn right. Instead of damage perks giving 3% increments, they'll give 2.81(34)%.

No.

Instead of the useless 3% + 3% + 3% progression there is now (e.g. to increase handgun damage), Sawyer would rather have something like lvl 1: +10%, lvl. 2 + 5% , or 15, 10, 5 etc.
Obviously, +3% dmg increase is barely noticeable for the player, making it feel useless.

While they fixed abit of that issue for some skills in the update, the majority skills remain unfulfilling.
And loot drops are all over the place, get ready to collect shit rifles with level 37 level requirements...at level 13 :eek:

Trithne

Erudite
  • Remove all scaling on items - A DR9 Nova does X damage and that's it.
  • Tier the weapons so that there's early game ones, mid game ones, and late game ones in each category.
    • Make them appropriately expensive based on tier
  • Do the same thing with armour, but basically remove any actual armour score from anything not literally armour.
  • Remove the ability to craft weapons and armour, but keep the ability to craft Mods, some Grenades, some Consumables.
  • More Mod slots on everything.
  • Keep the quality system around, but only on Mods. You can either buy them, or craft them.
  • If you want armour without wearing an actual armour plate you stole from a 'Saka trooper, stack Armadillo mods.
  • Make sure there's enough Mod variety that this is an actual choice
    • e.g: Armadillo (+Armour) vs Chameleon (+Stealth) vs Backpacker (+Carry) etc etc.
Right now it's Borderlands tier of loot vomit every time you fight anything, and it's all over the place in terms of stats.

Edit: having thought about this some more, there simply isn't a wide enough variety of weapons to tier them like New Vegas did. Instead, reuse the rarity system as a tier system, make higher tier versions have soft stat requirements (full effectiveness at <skill> X). Ties in with the limit that mods can't go on an item of lower rarity than thr mod too.

Last edited:
Tier the weapons so that there's early game ones, mid game ones, and late game ones in each category
if there's one thing, literally one thing, that diablo 2 introduced and no one wanted, is level locked items. why the fuck do i have to be punished by fighting and even actually defeating a much stronger opponent? NO. LEVEL. SCALING. whatsoever. my fondest, and now perhaps only, memories of morrowind are about remembering where some of the best "in the open" stuff was and working my way to them, like the glass stuff at the volcano gate, the chameleon talisman, boots of blinding speed, dragon cuirass, those two enchanted gauntlets hidden behind the crate, that room with plenty of daedric stuff and the healing shield, that dungeon with the guy in full ebon armor... as you can see, i still cherish these memories 20 years later. i can't remember even a single name of a single weapon from cyberspunk, they're all just a dps number.
no. level. scaling. whatsoever.

Last edited:

Trithne

Erudite
Tier the weapons so that there's early game ones, mid game ones, and late game ones in each category
if there's one thing, literally one thing, that diablo 2 introduced and no one wanted, is level locked items. why the fuck do i have to be punished by fighting and even actually defeating a much stronger opponent? NO. LEVEL. SCALING. whatsoever. my fondest, and now perhaps only, memories of morrowind are about remembering where some of the best "in the open" stuff was and working my way to them, like the glass stuff at the vulcan gate, the chameleon talisman, boots of blinding speed, dragon cuirass, those two enchanted gauntlets hidden behind the crate, that room with plenty of daedric stuff and the healing shield, that dungeon with the guy in full ebon armor... as you can see, i still cherish these memories 20 years later. i can't remember even a single name of a single weapon from cyberspunk, they're all just a dps number.
no. level. scaling. whatsoever.

Agreed. I wasn't thinking of level locking them, but just making it that "better" weapons appear later in the game. Cyberpunk supports a sort of soft level locking which they use on a handful of weapons, where you can use the weapon under the stat requirement, but you do so less effectively.

Mostly what I meant with regards to "tiering" weapons is what New Vegas did - as you progress through the game better weapons become available to increase your damage capability, like going from the varmint rifle to the hunting rifle, to the sniper rifle, and finally the anti materiel rifle.

I wasn't thinking of level locking them, but just making it that "better" weapons appear later in the game
it's the same.
why do people stil sperg over arcanum around here? among several reasons, also because you can steal one of the most powerful weapons right away and work your character around it. the tools are there for you, the world is a world by its own, it doesn't wait for your character to grow up so everything can adapt around you and basically be always the same all the same.

Wesp5

Arcane
I wasn't thinking of level locking them, but just making it that "better" weapons appear later in the game.

I agree with that and the rest that you wrote. When Panam gave me her sniper rifle, I already had something better for a long time. Make the best weapons rewards!

Gargaune

Arcane
No.

Instead of the useless 3% + 3% + 3% progression there is now (e.g. to increase handgun damage), Sawyer would rather have something like lvl 1: +10%, lvl. 2 + 5% , or 15, 10, 5 etc.
Obviously, +3% dmg increase is barely noticeable for the player, making it feel useless.
You expect much from the guy who invented the millisecond turn variability.

Mostly what I meant with regards to "tiering" weapons is what New Vegas did - as you progress through the game better weapons become available to increase your damage capability, like going from the varmint rifle to the hunting rifle, to the sniper rifle, and finally the anti materiel rifle.
A little bit of tiering like in New Vegas or even Fallout 4 is fine, and another example of it done well is STALKER. To be fair, Cyberpunk does some of it too, certain weapons like the Ajax assault rifle or the Tactician shotgun only start dropping a bit into the game, it's just everything else about the itemisation that's horrible.

Gargaune

Arcane

Today we take a look at Cyberpunk 2077's new hotfix update. This update fixes a game breaking issue for some PC players where the game would crash on startup, but unfortunately will also break some mods.
_________:argh:_________
:argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I wasn't thinking of level locking them, but just making it that "better" weapons appear later in the game.

I agree with that and the rest that you wrote. When Panam gave me her sniper rifle, I already had something better for a long time. Make the best weapons rewards!
Hell no, I don't want to have to suffer through that walking sim shit every playthrough.

Gargaune

Arcane
You install that JSGME thing?
Ain't gotten around to it. Only got a couple of script mods in anyway so I can still keep track, it's everything else that's pissing me the fuck off. Gotta update the game itself, maybe another 100 gig download, gotta check for updates on the framework mods, CET and Redscript, then check the content mods themselves.

This is a year-old, tripe-cocksucking-A flagship product, not a freshly-released Owlcat kickstarter, I shouldn't have to deal with weekly hotfixes shitting on my spare time like pigeons on my balcony.

Diggfinger

Arcane
  • Tier the weapons so that there's early game ones, mid game ones, and late game ones in each category.
  • Do the same thing with armour, but basically remove any actual armour score from anything not literally armour.
  • Remove the ability to craft weapons and armour, but keep the ability to craft Mods, some Grenades, some Consumables.
  • Keep the quality system around, but only on Mods. You can either buy them, or craft them.
  • If you want armour without wearing an actual armour plate you stole from a 'Saka trooper, stack Armadillo mods.
    • e.g: Armadillo (+Armour) vs Chameleon (+Stealth) vs Backpacker (+Carry) etc etc.
Right now it's Borderlands tier of loot vomit every time you fight anything, and it's all over the place in terms of stats.

Edit: having thought about this some more, there simply isn't a wide enough variety of weapons to tier them like New Vegas did. Instead, reuse the rarity system as a tier system, make higher tier versions have soft stat requirements (full effectiveness at <skill> X). Ties in with the limit that mods can't go on an item of lower rarity than thr mod too.

I am right in that current crafting is quiessential to getting good gear?

So Ive found a few of the supposed top-tier katanas in the game which, according to YouTubers, will do 500% crit dmg etc.
But on my (endgame, lvl 24) character...the surgical katana still only does like 100-120 dps.

So...do I really need to spendwaste 12 points in crafting ('grease monkey perk') to actually upgrade this shit and make it fun !?

Dead
Fucking
Game

...the setting is so cool though!
There's a lot of good things here, if only they would tighten up the RPG mechanics :argh:

Last edited:

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So...do I really need to spendwaste 12 points in crafting ('grease monkey perk') to actually upgrade this shit and make it fun !?

I do not remember if you need to do that, but if you actually do need crafting to get the best gear then that is IMO a good thing, otherwise if everything you could craft could also be obtained via shops or enemy drops then that would make crafting pointless.

Trithne

Erudite

So Ive found a few of the supposed top-tier katanas in the game which, according to YouTubers, will do 500% crit dmg etc.
But on my (endgame, lvl 24) character...the surgical katana still only does like 100-120 dps.

Dead
Fucking
Game

...the setting is so cool though!
There's a lot of goods things here, if only they would tighten up the RPG mechanics :argh:

Dunno, I've been playing through with Quickhacks and "Ninjutsu" - I basically don't interact with the itemisation at all because it doesn't affect stealth and takedowns, and barely affects Quickhacks, which are mostly just your Int and Perks. Common problem with FPSRPGs, I find.

I do not remember if you need to do that, but if you actually do need crafting to get the best gear then that is IMO a good thing, otherwise if everything you could craft could also be obtained via shops or enemy drops then that would make crafting pointless.

That was why my suggestion was for crafting to be mostly limited to Mods - And Mods should be uncommonly found in the wild/expensive - The Tech/Crafting character benefits from getting the most out of their gear, while a character that doesn't focus on Tech/Crafting would be better served by wearing actual armour and using bigger guns.

Plus the "fantasy" of the Tech character in a cyberpunk setting is modding and hacking the shit out of their tech - So this should be reflected in the game by that being what you do, rather than just crafting a gun in the field that somehow looks like it rolled out of the factory.

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That was why my suggestion was for crafting to be mostly limited to Mods - And Mods should be uncommonly found in the wild/expensive - The Tech/Crafting character benefits from getting the most out of their gear, while a character that doesn't focus on Tech/Crafting would be better served by wearing actual armour and using bigger guns.

Hm, personally when i was playing the game i found myself wishing i could have even more "customizable" crafting - like, e.g., making my own mods by using chips or whatever that i could buy or extract (using whatever additional character skills would be relevant) that affected the mods. Kinda like Morrowind's enchantment system but in a sci-fi context :-P (and i feel like the whole "duct-taping chips to homegrown PCBs" to fit a cyberpunk setting). It'd most likely break the game after some point, but this is a SP game so who cares :-P.

Wesp5

Arcane
When I played the game it annoyed me a lot that you couldn't remove mods from weapons or armor to use elsewhere although the icons actually show the plugs. Luckily there are mods out there to fix that so you can customize your loadout some more :)!

Gargaune

Arcane
No. Whatever masterpiece you craft will be made obsolete by some random Tyger Claw drop within a couple of levels.

When I played the game it annoyed me a lot that you couldn't remove mods from weapons or armor to use elsewhere although the icons actually show the plugs.
Can't keep the loot conveyor belt going if the player gets to hang on to useful stuff.

P.S. I wish there were a keybind to dismantle pick-ups right away. I have a button to pick stuff up, I have one to equip stuff straight away, but 99% of the shit I pick up I gotta go into the inventory to break down for bullet ingredients.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
crafting is required if you want to have fun with some unique weapons as you lvlup.

It works well together with tech weapons. At least it used to be the case at release

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Just when you think you've found your ultimate weapon of choice and run around everywhere slaughtering everyone in your sight to be able to break down their dozens of weapons for those sweet crafting materials to ever-so-slowly bump your precious' DPS up you find some crazy new version of the same type of weapon that does double the damage your current one does.

So crafting is still sort of fun, I guess, but is it worth all that effort?

Note: this is assuming you're not looking online for the locations of the "best" weapons and other equipment online.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I think it was in the description of the big rebalance mod that I read, that the formula for calculating how much damage a weapon does is still not completely clear. Spaghetti code I guess.

bloodlover

Arcane
Crafting is really not mandatory to finish or enjoy the game. Sure, you get better gear with it because of some perks but you can easily enjoy and finish the game without it. I played a melee stealth char without crafting when the game came out and I had zero issues.

The issue with crafting imo is that it's not really worth the effort.

A better scenario would have each skill tree give some unique perk, like hacking letting you make a combat drone, crafting letting you make some unique armor or weapon, getting a unique quest or reward every time you max out an attribute. I know it's a bit more work to be put into it but it would motivate people to stick with certain skills and I'd much rather focus on that instead of doing random NCPD jobs around the world.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom