Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

• Intel XeSS
Added support for Intel Xe Super Sampling 1.1, an upscaling technology using machine learning to provide improved performance with high image quality. It can be enabled in Settings > Graphics in the Resolution Scaling section.
The RTX update is the star of the patch but according to intel's site this works for non intel cards too and doesn't sound like it demands an expensive gpu.

edit: found video

tritosine2k

Erudite

2. Game has prebaked GI that seems to be "dynamic" as it changes with time but creates issues down the line.

It's a not bake it's realtime voxel GI, ultra coarse, and reflection probes are bake. Funnily a baked GI would both look better and would be fast enough and not objectionable for a game with key scenes, yet in the end they went realtime and Sony pulled the game. Now doubling down. And I thought they were kinda smart for porting W3 to switch with static shadowmap,looks like those werent these guys,lol.

ferratilis

Magister
Nice upgrade, 600 bucks all day.
image.png

Learned
The update worsened my performance using the exact same graphic settings as before. Didn't even bother to try path tracing.

Perkel

Arcane
Wait what. Did you digitally alter that? Is that really what it does to her skin tone?

Nah man you trolling, there's no way.

She was incorretly lit in first place (same as person who walks near her). This is what I was talking about. The shit she wears has some incorrect material properties that worked fine in normal lighting but needs to be updated for path tracing. There are few other ones like some caps on people heads.

Perkel

Arcane

2. Game has prebaked GI that seems to be "dynamic" as it changes with time but creates issues down the line.

It's a not bake it's realtime voxel GI, ultra coarse, and reflection probes are bake. Funnily a baked GI would both look better and would be fast enough and not objectionable for a game with key scenes, yet in the end they went realtime and Sony pulled the game. Now doubling down. And I thought they were kinda smart for porting W3 to switch with static shadowmap,looks like those werent these guys,lol.

Is it though ? I mean you can find scenes in which clearly GI cuts off completely and different kind of GI starts. This means GI is baked and not voxel based. It's not completely static like I said as it can change how it looks depending on time of day.

tritosine2k

Erudite

Is it though ? I mean you can find scenes in which clearly GI cuts off completely and different kind of GI starts. This means GI is baked and not voxel based. It's not completely static like I said as it can change how it looks depending on time of day.
You need to realize movie quality cgi is >4 hours per frame and that's not even 4k resolution on ~10.000 cpu, and "only" ~16 SSAA.
Just because games reuse previous frames and smear frames together with denoisers that's not a "leapfrog" moment,lol, more like NOKIA moment if you ask me. It's realtime voxel based theres cutoff because it's so coarse and full of discrete steps.

I can play for a few minutes before crashing. Seems to mainly happen in menus but I've had it happen other times as well. Clean install, no mods, settings cleared too. Clean driver reinstallation with the latest ones on the 13th. Somewhat annoyed.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I can play for a few minutes before crashing. Seems to mainly happen in menus but I've had it happen other times as well. Clean install, no mods, settings cleared too. Clean driver reinstallation with the latest ones on the 13th. Somewhat annoyed.
If you are having the same thing that I had then it's a bug with one of the graphical settings, although I don't remember which one it was exactly. The game would crash randomly, but using the map would hasten the process.

Not home right now so can't check the game.

If you are having the same thing that I had then it's a bug with one of the graphical settings, although I don't remember which one it was exactly. The game would crash randomly, but using the map would hasten the process.

Must be a different thing, I tried setting every graphics setting to the minimum available and everything that could be off, turned off. Still crashing. Unless it's a setting that needs to be on some specific level that isn't minimum/off.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member

Must be a different thing, I tried setting every graphics setting to the minimum available and everything that could be off, turned off. Still crashing. Unless it's a setting that needs to be on some specific level that isn't minimum/off.
I think it was this, but I think it may have been fixed already.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkg...crashes_when_exiting_all_kinds_of_menus_like/

I think it was this, but I think it may have been fixed already.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkg...crashes_when_exiting_all_kinds_of_menus_like/
Different issue then; I had those settings on max before, and turning them back to max didn't help it. Thanks, though.

Perkel

Arcane
Playing campaign from start to see how path tracing changes things. Will be posting comparisons.

The biggest winner so far is character detail. On Ultra game looked great. With RT Ultra it provided much needed self shadows but path tracing completely changes how characters can look in game. It is kind of ridiculous change. Moreover screenshot below is in SDR as HDR takes it to another level.

Studio_Project_1.gif

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

A whole patch dedicated to post processing lol and as usual they hyped that like if it was a major content upgrade.
:prosper:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom