Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

NoMoneyNoFameNoDame

Artist Formerly Known as Prosper
Patron
I believe the reason he pulls a GPU out of the oven is to say it is fresh out of the oven.
Now why would a GPU be fresh out of the oven? MY guess is parts of it are baked with heat.
There may also be some analogy between the blueprint for a gpu and a recipe in cooking.
Further they might even heat entire GPU to test their temperature thresholds and see what they are rated to withstand.

If you hadn't pointed out this fact about the oven I may not have even realized myself.

don_tomaso

Liturgist
Playing campaign from start to see how path tracing changes things. Will be posting comparisons.

The biggest winner so far is character detail. On Ultra game looked great. With RT Ultra it provided much needed self shadows but path tracing completely changes how characters can look in game. It is kind of ridiculous change. Moreover screenshot below is in SDR as HDR takes it to another level.

If you are going to post more screens, plz do comparisons some other way, gif is too old-school for path tracing :|

Ryzer

Arcane
Nice upgrade, 600 bucks all day.
image.png
Nice race-tracing, I wouldn't consider asian becoming black an upgrade. CDPR is in Retardoland since 2016.
Retardation and Poland go hand in hand.

ind33d

Learned
Anyone waiting for the 2077 DLC would enjoy Watch Dogs Legion: Bloodline. NOT the shitty base game, just the DLC. I'm playing it right now on hard and it scratches the same itch. Unfortunately, it is not possible to just buy Bloodline alone because we live on a satanic hellnigger prison planet

Learned
A hotfix for Cyberpunk 2077 is out now! Among others, it fixes the two most frequent crashes, including the one occurring during the final quest. Dynamic Resolution Scaling setting will now consistently grey out when Path Tracing is enabled.

The update won't change the version of the game visible in the main menu but might still affect mods.

racofer

Thread Incliner
A hotfix for Cyberpunk 2077 is out now! Among others, it fixes the two most frequent crashes, including the one occurring during the final quest. Dynamic Resolution Scaling setting will now consistently grey out when Path Tracing is enabled.

The update won't change the version of the game visible in the main menu but might still affect mods.
It's mod breaking time!

Nos

Novice
The game being a directionless mess may end up a good thing. 2077 has so many random and poorly fleshed-out elements that they have endless possibilities for expansions, spinoffs, animes, dragon dildos. Deus Ex clone starring Takemura, LA Noire with River, VR games based on braindances, a Left 4 Dead co-op shooter where the zombie is a cyberpsycho, the writing is a goldmine. Conceptually CP2077 is probably the best idea for a game of all time.
Most of this stuff comes from the tabletop, I don't think CDPR even made any significant additions to the canon (Braindances?) but I'm not a lore expert here.
I don't know if Pondsmith is really involved on the business side of things anymore but he'd probably reject your spinoff ideas, turning something with explicit anti-capitalist themes into a genre salad bar is a bit grotesque.
CP is already a genra salad bar...barely an RPG, GTA sandbox, Braindance adventure game, bullet-sponge action 4 console tards, 8 hour movie starring KR...tried to be everything 2 everybody...a more focused game would be a better game...and paper and pen CP is a goldmine, CDPR just happened 2 be the 1st to mine it (sadly?)

Nos

Novice
So .. CP2077 is on sale for half the price.. Is the game worth playing? After all the patchs?
Yes but only if you play on Hard and don't pick Corpo because it was clearly never finished
Combat is totally f****Ed, I recommend starting on Normal or Easy then ramping up to Hard after getting one-shot kill weapons...game is worth playing but keep in mind its a total mess from A to Z, but admire the ambition, also nice to play any RPG that doesn't follow the tired Tolkien Quasi Medieval setting with Elves and Dwarves and all that s**t....

Nos

Novice
Doesn't matter what background u pick, affects like one special quest out of 2000, biggest letdown was lack of branching paths based on background, u just get a few cosmetic dialogue choices that make no difference...would have loved to see something like Malkavians or Nos with unique playstyle and dialogue ops...

ind33d

Learned
I spent like 15 hours driving to every gun store on the map just to buy a Legendary version of Morgan Blackhand's pistol and never found it because there is exactly one in the game in a missable chest in someone's apartment for a side mission I had already finished and couldn't go back to. 2077 is a hilarious clusterfuck but it's still better than 99% of games on the market

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I spent like 15 hours driving to every gun store on the map just to buy a Legendary version of Morgan Blackhand's pistol and never found it because there is exactly one in the game in a missable chest in someone's apartment for a side mission I had already finished and couldn't go back to.
fooling with some ideas right now. Randomly noticed in my inventory gun i havent seen before. Turns up that cdpr added tech smg at one point. After charging it keeps firing, just like that one revolver with drum but without recoil troubles.
As far as I can tell it wasnt added to any shop tables, nor recipes, can only be acquired as random enemy drop?

Or stuff that is even more convoluted: legendary tech shotgun. Turns up it exists, but you need to solve main quest in prologue in specific way, then side mission for johny much later too - basically dum dum guy needs to live.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
fooling with some ideas right now. Randomly noticed in my inventory gun i havent seen before. Turns up that cdpr added tech smg at one point. After charging it keeps firing, just like that one revolver with drum but without recoil troubles.
As far as I can tell it wasnt added to any shop tables, nor recipes, can only be acquired as random enemy drop?
Jinguji clothing shop sells it cause its their design.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Combat is totally f****Ed, I recommend starting on Normal or Easy then ramping up to Hard after getting one-shot kill weapons...game is worth playing but keep in mind its a total mess from A to Z, but admire the ambition, also nice to play any RPG that doesn't follow the tired Tolkien Quasi Medieval setting with Elves and Dwarves and all that s**t....

Wait. Are you self-censoring on the Codex?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Jinguji clothing shop sells it cause its their design.
oh, indeed its there. And it sucks, better to get revolver one. In general tech weapons that cant be charged without aiming suck for me

ind33d

Learned
Even in its fucktarded state, 2077 is still really ambitious. Open-world Deus Ex clone with guns that let you wallbang like Counter-Strike. just lol

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom