Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Perkel

Arcane
wait it launches today ? for some reason i thought it would launch 2 days from now on. welp there goes my work shedule.

Mortmal

Arcane
Bsically as soon as you preset the protagonist, it's not really a "true" RPG in my mind, whatever its other merits.
I'll probably regret asking this, but how defined does the preset protagonist have to be before you experience it as disqualifying the game as an RPG? To take a very old example, Ultima IV requires you to play as the Avatar. It also requires you to play in a manner consistent with the Virtues if you want to progress in the game. So preset protagonist, restricted play style choice - but many consider it one of the all-time classic old-school RPGs.
To the 2022 Codexer, you seem to possess sound logic and sanity that may not quite fit in with the tone of this place. You may eventually come to regret staying, so consider leaving while you still can.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Naturally, having been educated by decades of better gaming, I chose to take the opportunity to explore and snoop around, but I still have no idea what that was supposed to do... Was there something to find there that I didn't? Something that changed my approach to the mission?
Massive downscaling obviously. There are so many conversations you can overhear, bar patrons, hotel guests, hotel staff, it can't have been all for nothing. Especially the way the richness of flavor abruptly ends.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
playing a JRPG from 1993 emulated on my handheld which has 3 broken buttons is more fun than playing this shit
Still salty about your shitfield getting destroyed subhuman? Time to end yourself.

mogged8jdzo.png

Last edited:
To the 2022 Codexer, you seem to possess sound logic and sanity that may not quite fit in with the tone of this place. You may eventually come to regret staying, so consider leaving while you still can.
Eh. I live in an area infested with woke-style leftists, so I'm used to idiots flinging metaphorical (and sometimes actual) feces as a debate tactic. At least here it occasionally comes from a different direction.

Hellion

Arcane
I'm playing 2.0 on the same, almost decade-old PC i played the original CP2077 on (i7-4790k, geforce 1060 6 gb, 16 GB RAM), and I have to say I'm impressed with the game's performance. They raised the minimum/recommended requirements before 2.0 launched, and theoretically I shouldn't even reach minimum (the CPU especially), but I have everything set on medium-high and receive constant 30-40 FPS with no sluggish performance whatsoever. The game seems to run even better than BG3 did at launch.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
I'm playing 2.0 on the same, almost decade-old PC i played the original CP2077 on (i7-4790k, geforce 1060 6 gb, 16 GB RAM), and I have to say I'm impressed with the game's performance. They raised the minimum/recommended requirements before 2.0 launched, and theoretically I shouldn't even reach minimum (the CPU especially), but I have everything set on medium-high and receive constant 30-40 FPS with no sluggish performance whatsoever. The game seems to run even better than BG3 did at launch.
Im playing on a processor (i5-7600K) that is below the minimum specs now :lol: and i get even more fps than on previous patches gonna use my lvl 50 character for the dlc.

Vyvian

Educated
Yeah the hubbub over the increased requirements was vastly overblown. It run exactly the same for me as it did pre-2.0 on the same potato tier PC I've always had.

Gerrard

Arcane
Typical codextards.

>major game update comes out
>reintroduces a bug that was fixed 2 years ago again "without touching anything" related to it
>repeat every major update
Guess which game is that?
Every live service one.
Reminder that devs can go suck a dick.

Card was loud as fuck too with fans weirdly firing up out of nowhere to 80-90% for few seconds before slowing down again.
Nice PWM curves lol, what brand is this card? Reminds me of my old Radeon 4850, where the fans would only go to around 45% at 105C but the moment it passed that point they would go to 100%.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Here is the new ending. There's, obviously, spoilers.

CDPR managed to make it even more depressing than the original endings :lol:

image.png

Last edited:

Tyrr

Liturgist
Here is the new ending. There's, obviously, spoilers.

CDPR managed to make it even more depressing than the original endings :lol:

image.png

Is it like the 'fuck you'-ending Bioware added later to ME3?

"What? You guys didn't liked how the game ended? Here have this new ending."

Last edited:

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
Im playing on a processor (i5-7600K) that is below the minimum specs now :lol: and i get even more fps than on previous patches gonna use my lvl 50 character for the dlc.
Those minimum specs are bullshit. Your CPU is enough. The Game is more GPU heavy than CPU. My Ryzen 7 5700G rarely has more than 35-40% load on high settings. The only time it gets around 50% is on more crowded area. You can decrease the crowd density to medium or low for your CPU.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom