Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

ind33d

Learned

same problem as MGSV where you become a godlike killing machine and the only content to do is clearing outposts of guys armed with squirt guns

sweaty-speedruner.gif

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Having fucked around a bit with 2.0 I have to ask: Why are people excited for this again? You can just watch a story summary of the DLC on Youtube and get the exact same experience as playing it, sans the tediousness.

Last edited:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
iconics seem mostly nerfed, at least tech and throwing ones. Seem better to get basic one and use mods.
Iconic throwing knife got lowered headshot% for some reason. Achilles extra shots do not seem to be bolting? I guess only lizzie bullet spam is still good

Vyvian

Educated
Here is the new ending. There's, obviously, spoilers.

CDPR managed to make it even more depressing than the original endings :lol:

image.png

Good idea, shit execution.
Feels like some writer was seething at the fans and their own characters.

Gargaune

Arcane
CDPR managed to make it even more depressing than the original endings :lol:

image.png
Really? Didn't watch the video, just read the synopsis, but:
- you get rid of the Johnny virus and have your life back all to yourself;
- you get a cushy government job in a nice, air-conditioned office, far away from danger;

At the cost of:
- you can no longer be a Thing in the Internet of Things, oh no, you'll have to take a mobile phone with you to the crapper like it's 2023, how terrible.

Dunno man, sounds like a pretty serious incline for V, given the circumstances! Especially when you consider the alternatives...

racofer

Thread Incliner
Dunno man, sounds like a pretty serious incline for V, given the circumstances! Especially when you consider the alternatives...
If you watch the ending:
Everyone ends up worse, and you become a mindless NPC wandering Night City with no hope for the future.

It's bleak as fuck.

Vyvian

Educated
I watched it and one thing bugged me a great deal:

Why would nobody contact anyone V knew to inform them about the coma? The surgery apparently wasn't a secret. It doesn't add up to me. The whole ending hangs on the fact that nobody knew V was in a coma following the surgery some people they knew already knew about and it feels like a weak reason to force "fuck you" drama.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
So they added an ending that's even darker?
Pff, whatever, can you play using nothing but optical camo and takedowns? Then I would probably consider it.

Vyvian

Educated
I wish the whole game kept the feel of Pre-Heist.
It's the closest thing we'll ever have to the game they originally set out to make, a wannabe legend just trying to live in Night City and make a name for themselves.
After Act 1 it just doesn't feel the same even if you can move around freely.

Gargaune

Arcane
If you watch the ending:
Everyone ends up worse, and you become a mindless NPC wandering Night City with no hope for the future.

It's bleak as fuck.
I ain't watching an hour-long spoiler, but leave it to CDPR to put a bad spin on good news. And hey, Saul might not realise it at first, but his life probably took a turn for the better. :lol:

More seriously - I doubt any of this forced supporting character drama would hit much of a chord with me because I didn't particularly care for most of the bobbleheads involved. I liked Viktor and Misty, and I guess River was a stand-up guy trying to do good, but the rest of the cast were scumbags and players in a dirty game and I never got a chance to get attached to them. As for V, to riff on an old saying - to have hope for the future, one first needs a future.

Anyway, I'm not sure what the causal link is supposed to be here, I'll see when I play it, but I think I smell an artificial guilt trip, BioWare-style.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Dunno, the ending synopsis smells like typical 4chan trigger bullshit. It's not even bleak, just... comically petty, when you consider what people have been complaining about in regards to the available outcomes.

Takamori

Learned
I dont think its far fetched given that writers are usually up their arse trannoids that start having a shit fit if someone decides to criticize their work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom