Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
FWIW, Wikipedia lists the game as "action-adventure" and I have a hunch it will be classified that way by NPD and all of the sale-categorizers.

Xeon

Augur
Anyone who sits thru 40min of credits just to check who did what gotta be autistic for wasting that much time on stupid shit.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Most games will consume all of your vram, even games with very few hardware requirements. They pre-load it just in case. As such just looking at vram consumption will rarely tell you whether your vram is being used.
Actually, when I enabled VRAM in Afterburner, it showed around 6-7 GB while exploring in open world.

Do you have any RT features on?
The 10xx cards have not RT. The first generation RTX cards were the 20xx.

only months ago people were saying "THIS IS NOT CYBERPUNK GTA", even though CDPR clearly intented for the game to be very similar.
Here is an easy way to weed out the virgin incels. When a developer encourages them to think this game is GTA+Deus Ex+Witcher in the future, while at the same time denying it, they only believe it more strongly. That's the same type of people who, when a woman encourages them to think she likes them, but without actually saying anything to that effect, they start thinking they have a girlfriend. :lol: Speaking from experience - all she wants is for you to fix her PC. All the dev wants is for you to buy the game.

Okay. Day two. Back on the horse.

This feels like a fucking job.
On the other hand, I had a great experience with one of the side missions given to you by the woman with the eyepatch. I had to "retrieve data on Maelstrom's initiation operation" from one of their safehouses in North Side. I saw two entrances, but there would always be a firefight if I entered through there, so I thought there may be an alternate way in.

I had to drive a little down the street until I reached a silo around which there was a spiraling stair that I could climb. From midway through that stair I could jump on a big pipe which was going above the street and above Maelstrom's building. Jumped down from the pipe onto their roof and... no air vents. While I was thinking what a missed opportunity this is and that I would be obliged to go guns blazing, I saw that I can actually snipe at one of the two entrances' lone guards, without aggroing any of his buddies or any one of the two cops which were on the opposite side of the street that the Maelstrom's building was on.

This allowed me to sneak in and reach their server room to steal the data, while disabling cameras, darting through areas where I would get seen a little but not alert them and performing non-lethal takedowns here and there on my way. It was just the right amount of intense for me. The compound even featured a branching route to the server room, if the player has enough tech skill to open a door. In addition to random loot I suspect there was some hand-placed stuff like eddies near a safe, etc.

Pretty nice Deus Ex-style mini-mission.

1572997149319.png

Im really disappointed, when i think how great this game could have been, with a proper male developer studio. Its the same as always diversity and inclusion comes with price. The price of quality. They hired to many woman and they are on their best way to become a sad caricature of themselves like Obsidian.
Just FYI everyone, she used to look quite normal before she had cancer and recovered from therapy, at least that's what I was told here some time ago when I also loled at that picture. Your hormone levels get screwed up and it's often the case that people start turning very slim or very fat. Also, she has a hand in some of the best Witcher 3 art.

Right now it seems to me that there are two best ways to play this game. Playing as jack-of-all-trades (using every playstyle) focused on stealth and hacking to an extent
Can confirm. I seem to have chanced upon exactly this way of playing and I'm actually quite happy so far.

Sidequests are pretty awfull, had to google which of the two subquest categories was the randomly generated filler bullshit and which were the custom made ones, because they were both boring and samey as fuck.

It is usually just arrive at place > listen to exposition > shoot some dudes > drive back across the entire map > hear some pop culture reference and get a reward.

Did they churn those out in a chinese sweatshop or what?
To my knowledge there are no random generated quests, only random generated loot.

It reminds me a lot of GTA4 where cars actually had weight to them. Moreover from what i have seen they use some rubber simulation. Yes at times it is very "bouncy" on cars with soft suspension but overall it feels really nice going all of those bumps and shit and you can definitely feel that you drive on rubber not via some flat physic engine that tries to keep car down to ground at all costs. No doubt debugging that shit to even drive in such varied enviro took them shitload of time.
I haven't tried many cars yet, but I see what you mean, after I had to drive offroad for a while, chasing one of the Cab AI's rogue cars. I think they've actually done some good stuff with the driving model. I didn't like GTAV's ultra light cars.

Nipples on men are useless from an evolutionary point of view. Men have nipples only because in humans the primary sex is the feminine (both sperm and egg have X chromosomes, but only sperm cells have Y chromosomes) - contrary to what the bible says, every man is actually "a woman with a twist", or rather "a handle". Knowing this, I thought the nipples option to be a nice touch for a cyberpunk game chargen.

No natural blond hair color either.
I wanted a blonde female V, and ended up choosing a copper color because of the crappy lighting in the chargen screen. Later I saw there are blond NPCs. BTW, I'm surprised there aren't ingame shops where I can change my appearance after the game starts. It probably got written off as a class B functionality.

Last edited:

MarxistPlato

Educated
At least, maybe our friend will finally check who's job was to write certain things rather than looking at their belly like Trailer Park Boys did.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Okay, here's the full credits from in-game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY6yA-25lZk

I'm not sitting through all that, but you guys can look for yourselves.

No need to even sit past the first 20 seconds.

The game director is a man.
Second director and head of production is a man.
The gameplay design directors are men.
The story director is a man.
The quest design director is a man.

But sure, let's blame the wehman.

They are probably all white and straight too.

As I said earlier: it's the people calling the shots that are responsible for a game being great or shit. An animator may be responsible for an animation being subpar. But not for the entire game to be a poor man's GTA clone.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I can't even believe people were surprised at the whole GTA thing. I like Witcher 3 (a lot) but that game is GTA through and through, very little RPG to it. GTA with horses. It's just that it's got fucking amazeballs mission content. If this does then cool if it doesn't it'll suck

I mean come on it's not like Twitcher was ever praised in any way for its "rpg gameplay" lol. The third one's the best and it's the least RPG of the bunch

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
No natural blond hair color either.
I wanted a blonde female V, and ended up choosing a copper color because of the crappy lighting in the chargen screen. Later I saw there are blond NPCs. BTW, I'm surprised there aren't ingame shops where I can change my appearance after the game stars. It probably got written off as a class B functionality.

Are you fucking shitting me? The commodification of looks, the easy access to plastic surgery is a core part of the setting for fucks sake. As are punks and rockers, yet no real metal hair options. The fucking guy who came up with the PnP helped them make this?!

freygeist87

Educated
Zionist Agent
Just FYI everyone, she used to look quite normal before she had cancer and recovered from therapy, at least that's what I was told here some time ago when I also loled at that picture. Your hormone levels get screwed up and it's often the case that people start turning very slim or very fat. Also, she has a hand in some of the best Witcher 3 art.

OK, fair point. There is still no excuse for the hair.

Xeon

Augur
Shouldn't you just say RDR like instead of GTA since both games have horses and shit.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
This game is a leftist shitshow. I was really lookin forward to it, and had high hopes, but there is so many stuff that fucking annoys me. Why is there a black woman as your voice com instructor? Nice of them to respect their target audience. Then she says shit like welcome to the facist playground when you train your weapons. In Vs personal room there is "bolshevik vodka" on the table. This shit isnt even subtle anymore. They are pushing their fucking leftist agenda, every point they can, its so fucking annoying. People have been right about CD Project. Another great studio got replaced by leftist assholes, who think video games have to be about pushing your political ideology. And its not even very creative or anything. Its just any western multicultural shithole 20 years forward. Where is it written that cyberpunk has to be multicultural?
But what to expect from a company that say shit like that:

cp.jpg

and has THAT as an art director:

1572997149319.png

Im really disappointed, when i think how great this game could have been, with a proper male developer studio. Its the same as always diversity and inclusion comes with price. The price of quality. They hired to many woman and they are on their best way to become a sad caricature of themselves like Obsidian.

I have the formula

the game is just shit, it's got nothing to do with politics - it was made by faggy men and women

no women should be involved in the work dynamic of making video games, end of - though, and only maybe, if I was in charge, I'd perhaps entertain having them around in limited capacity as occasional office decoration to provide the environmental stimuli to increase the test production of the men developing the game via introducing the anxiety of sexual competition in the back of their minds, of course taking all the necessary precautions to nip all possibility of the henhouse effect of mixed sex work environments tainting the product

BgUbpbo.jpg

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I can't even believe people were surprised at the whole GTA thing. I like Witcher 3 (a lot) but that game is GTA through and through, very little RPG to it. GTA with horses. It's just that it's got fucking amazeballs mission content. If this does then cool if it doesn't it'll suck

I mean come on it's not like Twitcher was ever praised in any way for its "rpg gameplay" lol. The third one's the best and it's the least RPG of the bunch
I've only seen it be praised for the C&C, which GTA really does't have. It's also been praised in the mainstream for its acting performances, quest design, and characters that you grow fond of (most often the Bloody Baron line) - something that GTA either lacks, or is not applicable to its overall tone. I wouldn't call Witcher 3 a GTA type of game, but I wouldn't call it an RPG either. For me that's "an interactive movie with token RPG elements".

Are you fucking shitting me? The commodification of looks, the easy access to plastic surgery is a core part of the setting for fucks sake. As are punks and rockers, yet no real metal hair options. The fucking guy who came up with the PnP helped them make this?!
Yeah, but to all that the reply would have been - it's first person so we drop that functionality.

I can't really confirm yet, but I think there is no equivalent to the barber shop from Witcher 3. What I'm really pissed about is that there is nothing left of the much advertised "Styles" - the neo-militaristic, neo-kitsch, etc. True, the clothing items are styled accordingly, but there is no reactivity or contextual comments to being the right or the wrong style "for the job" or for the neighborhood. There are no item bonuses for matching clothing styles either - for example for an all-Arasaka outfit. Really a missed opportunity, but at least this is something we can hope gets modded in eventually.

The street-cred gating for clothing is also silly. Would have been much better if you could buy stuff above your street cred and coolness level, but then get random encounters with gangs who challenge you for getting too big for your breeches.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

I've only seen it be praised for the C&C, which GTA really does't have. It's also been praised in the mainstream for its acting performances, quest design, and characters that you grow fond of (most often the Bloody Baron line) - something that GTA either lacks, or is not applicable to its overall tone. I wouldn't call Witcher 3 a GTA type of game, but I wouldn't call it an RPG either. For me that's "an interactive movie with token RPG elements".

I agree with all of that, but that's content, not structure. As far as structure goes, Witcher 3 is somewhere between an open world game and a Ubisoft game, and the reason it garnered so much praise despite that is, like you say, the contents of its missions.

I never expected a full-scale RPG from Cyberpunk 2077 because how could I - nothing about Witcher 3 was really that RPG-y besides some superficial game mechanic expressions, which Cyberpunk also shares.

This game'll live and die by the content of its missions. I mean Witcher 3 would have also been way better with better combat, better systems, all of that stuff, but how anyone would expect Cyberpunk to be an improvement over Witcher 3 on this aspect I have no clue. When CD Projekt garners all its success on all the other factors why would they suddenly double down on RPG/immersive system design aspects?

AwesomeButton

Patron
Based on what I've seen so far in my 22 hours, CP77 actually ventures further into the RPG part of the spectrum than Witcher 3, although in the most basic ways of course.

At least you have choice of how to approach enemies, melee vs ranged vs hacking, and if your skills are too disproportionately developed, some playing styles become non-viable. In vanilla Witcher 3 the notion of "builds" has always been without real substance to it, you had to meta-larp that your choices meant something.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Based on what I've seen so far in my 22 hours, CP77 actually ventures further into the RPG part of the spectrum than Witcher 3.

How so?

Just edited:

At least you have choice of how to approach enemies, melee vs ranged vs hacking, and if your skills are too disproportionately developed, some playing styles become non-viable. In vanilla Witcher 3 the notion of "builds" has always been without real substance to it, you had to meta-larp that your choices meant something.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
the way you get vehicles in this game was disappointing as well. I bought the best bike in the game right at the start and now every other bike I find is worse.
The only car I'm interested in is the Porsche just because I want to see if it handles bad. Because its an ingame advertisement so they have to make it not suck.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Based on what I've seen so far in my 22 hours, CP77 actually ventures further into the RPG part of the spectrum than Witcher 3.

How so?

Just edited:

Not that different to focusing on something like Signs in twitcher games. Regardless, it seems that we agree on the point: neither witcher 3 nor this is really defined by the rpg elements, which are light in both cases. I just played through Horizon: Zero Dawn on ultra hard, it has basically as many RPG mechanics as witcher 3. That's just the blueprint for modern aaa titles these days, it doesn't make them an rpg

AwesomeButton

Patron
The exact quote on Kasia Redesiuk is from kiwifarms, who quote her deviantart profile:

https://kiwifarms.net/threads/neogaf-resetera.9636/page-781
is this about Katarzyna Redesiuk? i've read she's a cancer survivor and that CDPR paid for her treatment, where is that story actually coming from?

At the beginning of August I found myself at a hospital, diagnosed with gallstones. The only effective way of getting rid of them is to remove the whole gallbladder altogether. Unfortunately it quickly got much worse. I got a severe case of cholecystitis and developed a hydrocele. It was suspected that the inflammation started to spread to my peritoneum and liver. Even more unfortunately it didn't stop there. During all the medical examination I went through during the next few weeks it was discovered that everything was in fact caused by gallbladder cancer, which before was wrongly identified as inflamed tissue.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom