Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Do you have any RT features on?
The 10xx cards have not RT. The first generation RTX cards were the 20xx.

Ah, forgot about that.

I put the RT lighting in psycho as a test and while it does some things notably better than rasterized, it's not always superior imo. Gets some wacky ultrabright effects, and if you move the camera the lighting on the same objects changes because of how the RT works.
RT shadows are mostly meh because the rasterized ones are really good for the most part, and RT reflections are only a big upgrade in windows and such imo. Regular reflections on the wet areas of the streets and such are done perfectly fine without RT.
Game does look pretty good rasterized to the point where in a lot of scenes it almost seems more like a matter of taste whether to use RT at all.

I'd say you're not really missing that much, save in a few scenes (like the car ride with Dexter maybe where I think they forgot to do the rasterized shadows properly or something, but it's not that big of a deal).

Last edited:

MasPingon

Arcane
1572997149319.png

Im really disappointed, when i think how great this game could have been, with a proper male developer studio. Its the same as always diversity and inclusion comes with price. The price of quality. They hired to many woman and they are on their best way to become a sad caricature of themselves like Obsidian.
Just FYI everyone, she used to look quite normal before she had cancer and recovered from therapy, at least that's what I was told here some time ago when I also loled at that picture. Your hormone levels get screwed up and it's often the case that people start turning very slim or very fat. Also, she has a hand in some of the best Witcher 3 art.

You know this kind of look often reflects ideological turn in world view? Remember Wachowsky brothers? They did Matrix 1. And then identity problem started which had terrible impact on their creativity.

Vatnik Wumao
Finished the game yesterday. Ending was a bummer, but well done.
Sided with Hanako, defeated Yorinobu and Saburo's engram got uploaded into him (ergo replacing his own mind) and Arasaka helped my corpo V get Johnny out of his head.
But due to the fact that removing the chip required radiation treatment, you are left with only 6 months to live and you can either decide to become an Arasaka-owned engram uploaded in their database or to keep being a merc for the little time that you have left.
rVV96sV.jpg

Last edited:

MarxistPlato

Educated
1572997149319.png

Im really disappointed, when i think how great this game could have been, with a proper male developer studio. Its the same as always diversity and inclusion comes with price. The price of quality. They hired to many woman and they are on their best way to become a sad caricature of themselves like Obsidian.
Just FYI everyone, she used to look quite normal before she had cancer and recovered from therapy, at least that's what I was told here some time ago when I also loled at that picture. Your hormone levels get screwed up and it's often the case that people start turning very slim or very fat. Also, she has a hand in some of the best Witcher 3 art.

You know this kind of look often reflects ideological turn in world view? Remember Wachowsky brothers? They did Matrix 1. And then identity problem started which had terrible impact on their creativity.

I mean, if i read it correctly, that guy with a talar avatar from witcher said, it's because of cancer related issues. I don't know if Wachowski brothers are great to compare with - she's a barrel, and they decided to respec their characters like in Divinity Original Sin 2 mirror, so kinda different things are on the table.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Amazing evidence of NPC AI:

Something I forgot to mention earlier - I stopped my car in the opposite lane, and some NPC car stopped right in front of me, flashed his lights and honked the horn. I moved out of his way, and he contiued onward without freezing.

Could it be that the AI freezes are fixable?

Readher

Savant
Sided with Hanako, defeated Yorinobu and Saburo's engram got uploaded into him (ergo replacing his own mind) and Arasaka helped my corpo V get Johnny out of his head.
But due to the fact that removing the chip required radiation treatment, you are left with only 6 months to live and you can either decide to become an Arasaka-owned engram uploaded in their database or to keep being a merc for the little time that you have left.
rVV96sV.jpg
Removing the chip didn't require radiation treatment. It's that the chip itself caused changes to your body similar to that of radiation.

Also, should've just went with the program. You are nothing to them, so they wouldn't offer it if they didn't truly mean to put you back into a body one day. Hell, if they wanted to fuck you over they'd do it without asking and giving you the option to refuse.

Vatnik Wumao
rVV96sV.jpg
Removing the chip didn't require radiation treatment. It's that the chip itself caused changes to your body similar to that of radiation.

Also, should've just went with the program. You are nothing to them, so they wouldn't offer it if they didn't truly mean to put you back into a body one day. Hell, if they wanted to fuck you over they'd do it without asking and giving you the option to refuse.
Didn't go with it because you also get to see Jackie's engram earlier and both you and Hanako agree that it isn't really him. An AI LARPing as V wouldn't be the real V, so better 6 months than nothing.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
I just did a "gig" where I was supposed to stop a non-corrupt cop from investigating something. The only two options I had were killing her or convincing her to go. No option to help with her investigation. Nice RPG you got there.
LOL

you got hired to stop the investigation, if you instead help it go forward you would immediately lose your reputation as a reliable merc and your new life is pretty much over

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
It's amazing how if you shoot a dead body, it comes back to life just to die again.

The cybernetic future has amazing torture tech.

Readher

Savant
rVV96sV.jpg

Didn't go with it because you also get to see Jackie's engram earlier and both you and Hanako agree that it isn't really him. An AI LARPing as V wouldn't be the real V, so better 6 months than nothing.
There are different kinds of engrams. Alt's breakthrough was transferring actual consciousness instead of just making a copy of the mind. You'd still be "you" if they transferred you back.

Vatnik Wumao
rVV96sV.jpg

There are different kinds of engrams. Alt's breakthrough was transferring actual consciousness instead of just making a copy of the mind. You'd still be "you" if they transferred you back.
Eh, still not worth it since they said that they couldn't get you back into a body (and the document you signed stated that your engram would've been Arasaka property for them to use as they pleased). Saburo managed it both because of his status (thus more resources being allocated to it) and because Yorinobu was his blood relative which made the transference possible to accomplish.

MarxistPlato

Educated
I just did a "gig" where I was supposed to stop a non-corrupt cop from investigating something. The only two options I had were killing her or convincing her to go. No option to help with her investigation. Nice RPG you got there.
LOL

you got hired to stop the investigation, if you instead help it go forward you would immediately lose your reputation as a reliable merc and your new life is pretty much over

I haven't played it myself, but i have seen a reddit post where the title is "Illusion of choice" and dude tell them something like this - "I had an option to drink and not to drink - if i had a drink, my character would have the same dialogue as is he wasn't drinking".

Like, chill the fuck out - in every game we can cherry pick things like these lol.

Readher

Savant
rVV96sV.jpg

Eh, still not worth it since they said that they couldn't get you back into a body (and the document you signed stated that your engram would've been Arasaka property for them to use as they pleased). Saburo managed it both because of his status (thus more resources being allocated to it) and because Yorinobu was his blood relative which made the transference possible to accomplish.
Well, yeah, if you expect to be back to life in a different body in a month, then I guess it's not worth it. The research would take years at the very least I imagine. Fine by me, beats dying. As for giving up my rights, at worst they'd make me some kind of soldier for them, and I'd want to be that anyway, so...

Curratum

At this point, I'm deeply convinced Steam reviews are manipulated.

The reviews on GOG are at 3.8/5, which would make roughly 76/100. On GOG, where the hardcore CDPR fanbase goes to shop.
The reviews on Steam are at 79/100. On Steam, where everyone whines about everything all the time, whether it's a legitimate issue or not.

Vatnik Wumao
rVV96sV.jpg

Well, yeah, if you expect to be back to life in a different body in a month, then I guess it's not worth it. The research would take years at the very least I imagine. Fine by me, beats dying. As for giving up my rights, at worst they'd make me some kind of soldier for them, and I'd want to be that anyway, so...
Fair enough. I just don't trust Arasaka to bring V back. Too much of a gamble for my character.

Avarize

Magister
Nipples on men are useless from an evolutionary point of view. Men have nipples only because in humans the primary sex is the feminine (both sperm and egg have X chromosomes, but only sperm cells have Y chromosomes) - contrary to what the bible says, every man is actually "a woman with a twist", or rather "a handle". Knowing this, I thought the nipples option to be a nice touch for a cyberpunk game chargen.
What you mean to say is that women are just incomplete men. Vestigial in fact!

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
i mean the game is lacking in significant narrative c&c but usually the people complaining about are completely braindead and pick from examples

like from the SECOND that this was announced to be an open world voiced protag game it was OBVIOUS what to expect

but no instead lets cry that the game isnt on par with bloodlines(lol)

like literally braindead

MarxistPlato

Educated
At this point, I'm deeply convinced Steam reviews are manipulated.

The reviews on GOG are at 3.8/5, which would make roughly 76/100. On GOG, where the hardcore CDPR fanbase goes to shop.
The reviews on Steam are at 79/100. On Steam, where everyone whines about everything all the time, whether it's a legitimate issue or not.

And metacritic score is a 10-0 system - either they like it, or they score bomb it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom