Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

ShiningSoldier

Literate
Does game get better? I spent 5 hours in it. My main complaint is that Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't allow me to, actually, play - it just shows a cutscene after a cutscene. I'd like to play instead of following endless scripted scenes.

Tihskael

Learned
Does game get better? I spent 5 hours in it. My main complaint is that Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't allow me to, actually, play - it just shows a cutscene after a cutscene. I'd like to play instead of following endless scripted scenes.
Where are you storywise?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I had the same sort of feeling until it let me loose on the open world. Once I was free to just ignore missions, kill people I didn't like, and go off script during missions and fuck them up, it felt good.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Where are you storywise?
Right after the death of
Jackie
That's an unusually long scripted sequence that's supposed to set up the main "thing" of the story, it's not really representative of the rest of the game. There are a few other on-rails bits but they're not nearly as long and seemingly endless.

It annoyed me too the first time I played the game, it's like one fade to black, and another scripted bit after another, after another, after another.

Tihskael

Learned
Where are you storywise?
Right after the death of
Jackie
Then at this point you should be able to leave Watson (?) and explore other areas & quests.

GentlemanCthulhu

Liturgist
Finished this one the other day. Honestly, it was fine. I was a hater on launch, and granted the game never managed to live up to everything CDPR promised. But if you take the game for what it is, after years of patching, it has become a fine game. I particularly enjoyed the seemingly high combat build variety.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
So it's good for what it is?

Meaning, it's not the great RPG to end all RPGs (set in a cyberpunk universe) that CDPR hyped up that it was going to be (that many people were irritated on finding it wasn't at launch) but it's a rather charismatic and enjoyable story-driven action-adventure game with some RPG elements and a mildly entertaining (but unfinished and barebones) open world attached.

Krivol

Magister
So it's good for what it is?
Yep.

It's a story looter (?) shooter with decent builds. Shooting mechanics are fine enough to give me some fun. The story is... eh... fine I guess. Everything till the end of the Heist mission is bad, especially after finishing it twice, but there is an option to skip it.

Gigs and NCPD missions are the game's most fun parts. The story gets old fast, the main quests are not fun enough, and killing enemies is extremely enjoyable.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
So are there any good system/difficulty overhauls out there for this yet? Preferably something that makes it play a little more like an RPG. I haven't touched it since I dropped my playthrough halfway through around when it released in the hopes of doing a run in the future with a mod like the one mentioned above. There's gotta be something good, right?

Ryzer

Arcane
So are there any good system/difficulty overhauls out there for this yet? Preferably something that makes it play a little more like an RPG. I haven't played since I dropped my playthrough halfway through around when it released in the hopes of doing a playthrough in the future with a mod like the one mentioned above. There's gotta be something good, right?
No. 80% of the mods of this game consist of sexy outfits, better jiggly physics for the tits and extra thicc models for the female NPC.

Damned Registrations

Preferably something that makes it play a little more like an RPG.
I never really understood this complaint. The difference in playstyles and available options between someone specced for stealth and speed vs someone specced for hacking and firearms is very apparent. Game did a good job of making me feel like a god damned ninja on my playthrough.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
I never really understood this complaint. The difference in playstyles and available options between someone specced for stealth and speed vs someone specced for hacking and firearms is very apparent. Game did a good job of making me feel like a god damned ninja on my playthrough.
Did you play it at release?

Damned Registrations

Did you play it at release?
More or less. I bought it right at release, played for a few hours and refunded because my computer was shit. I had a new computer a few months later and bought it again and played through the whole thing. I don't think they'd patched a whole lot in that timeframe aside from some engine optimizations I wouldn't have noticed/cared about anyways.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
I guess while there were varied builds possible, I never felt much impact in terms of progression besides maybe through hacking skills since they were so terribly overpowered. Beyond that, I didn't feel like I had to be particularly dedicated to a build path because the game was so lacking in challenge after maybe 5-10 hours that there were few drawbacks to spreading your points out. So in terms RPG progression being directly tied to difficulty, I felt the game lacking in impactful decision making. It wasn't a terrible experience and I had my fun, but the game started to feel a little flat sooner than I felt it ought to have.

Damned Registrations

Ah, that's fair. I never particularly felt like I was screwed out of doing a mission effectively, even if I couldn't make good use of my stealth skills. I can't recall if there were multiple difficulties, but the game definitely could have used some more challenge, especially towards the endgame.

I think the thing that made the game really 'click' for me was when I acquired the cyberware that lets you enter bullet time reactively when someone notices you. Let me ghost through areas that would have seemed utterly impossible otherwise.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
So are there any good system/difficulty overhauls out there for this yet? Preferably something that makes it play a little more like an RPG.
this is fps with some rpg elements. I guess you can go hacking route to be more on rpg side?

not aware of any progression mod and it badly needs it. Reduce levels, slows down, get rid of level diff dmg scaling etc.
Also would be nice if someone were to fix throwing weapons being headshot homing missiles. I love that playstyle but it feels like cheating.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I'm amazed how today Polish games combine the dumbed-down aspects of TES with an injection of political ideologies. They are truly an abomination.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom