Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Old One

Arcane
I'm liking the game so far. It's an interesting combination of elements.

The "cinematic" parts are not terrible, but it's kind of amazing how long they go on in some cases.

I remember the CP2077 ttRPG from the 80s (which I never played) having a reputation for very complex rules. They work pretty well in a video game though, since the computer can do all the calculations for you.

I have a feeling I want to try a character with no cyberware.

cruel

Prophet
I'm 9 hours in, level 9, the game is... fine. Not great, but far from crap. I'm surprised how fun melee combat is and how quickly you can use it - running Body 9 / Dex 9 at the moment. Difficulty is ok, I died quite a few times, and there is no way I will be able to beat Lt. More (cyberpsycho #2) at my current level. The Open World is somewhat disappointing so far, I don't feel a strong desire to explore it, but maybe this will change.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
The Open World is somewhat disappointing so far, I don't feel a strong desire to explore it, but maybe this will change.
Spoiler about the Open World in Cyberpunk 2077:
There isn't one, really, since nearly all the buildings exist just for show, without any interiors. Beautiful exterior urban environments at night (which lasts about 7 hours of each 24) or in the rain (which rarely occurs), but no meaningful exploration.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm liking the game so far. It's an interesting combination of elements.

The "cinematic" parts are not terrible, but it's kind of amazing how long they go on in some cases.

I remember the CP2077 ttRPG from the 80s (which I never played) having a reputation for very complex rules. They work pretty well in a video game though, since the computer can do all the calculations for you.

I have a feeling I want to try a character with no cyberware.
The videogame mechanics have nothing to do with the RPG rules.
The Open World is somewhat disappointing so far, I don't feel a strong desire to explore it, but maybe this will change.
Spoiler about the Open World in Cyberpunk 2077:
There isn't one, really, since nearly all the buildings exist just for show, without any interiors. Beautiful exterior urban environments at night (which lasts about 7 hours of each 24) or in the rain (which rarely occurs), but no meaningful exploration.
The time cycle and weather are both moddable. Since you've been complaining for so long about them, I'm replying to you personally ablut it.
No meaningful exploration is too subjective. There is some virtual tourism, but that's not much. There is a mod that adds about 200 gigs to the city that you can stumble upon. Some have other gigs as prerequisites. https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/5058

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

AwesomeButton

Patron
Just imagine how good this game is going to be in ten years time with all the mods!
I've already said it's only "good" after a serious amount of modding and then some eye squinting to ignore the aspects that the game intends to emphasize as its strong suit, but which actually aren't that.

Yosharian

Arcane
Just imagine how good this game is going to be in ten years time with all the mods!
I've already said it's only "good" after a serious amount of modding and then some eye squinting to ignore the aspects that the game intends to emphasize as its strong suit, but which actually aren't that.
Yeah, it's fun for what it is but very flawed. I'm not optimistic that modders are really going to turn it into the game it promised it was going to be

AwesomeButton

Patron
Mods can put a coat of sugar on this poo, but can't turn it into a cake.
I mean, the best aspect of the game is just driving around the gorgeous mega city with music blasting, and modders will certainly keep pushing the visuals for years to come.
Yes, and isn't it sad that we ended up with less than half the RPG that it was supposed to be.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Mods can put a coat of sugar on this poo, but can't turn it into a cake.
I mean, the best aspect of the game is just driving around the gorgeous mega city with music blasting, and modders will certainly keep pushing the visuals for years to come.
Yes, and isn't it sad that we ended up with less than half the RPG that it was supposed to be.

Welll yeah, it ended up being a typical CDP game except with somewhat decent combat this time.

Sodafish

Arcane
I've added one mod - the one that allows you to skip all the intro and loading screens and go directly to the main menu. Indispensable.

That's always one of the first things I try and do with a game. Unskippable, interminable intro vids are just obnoxious. Sometimes you can just delete or rename the video files.

Old One

Arcane
I've added one mod - the one that allows you to skip all the intro and loading screens and go directly to the main menu. Indispensable.

That's always one of the first things I try and do with a game. Unskippable, interminable intro vids are just obnoxious. Sometimes you can just delete or rename the video files.

I tried the renaming trick, but I couldn't find the videos immediately, so I did a search. Apparently a mod is necessary. The one on Nexus works great.

It's so nice not having to see the epilepsy warning every time I start the game. It goes right to the menu.

Gargaune

Arcane

I hate mandatory startup vids with a burning passion, there's a special place in hell for devs who pull that shit. CBP is one of the worst in this respect because not only does it waste your time with them, but it won't even progress to the main menu until you press Space... twice!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom