Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I went for a glass cannon build with reflexes and the mantis blades were very underwhelming, the animations just way too long to be useful.
mantis blades had their niche due to extra movement option, however its no longer unique to them.

I'm done with Wukong and planning to play this next. If my goal is to minimize the amount of shooting and do melee as soon as possible, should I invest in Body or Dex? Or maybe both 1:1?
all characters need body to some degree, hence shotgunners/blunt got it easiest as they can focus on single attribute.
If you go blades its def not 1:1, as your first priority is to get finisher

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm done with Wukong and planning to play this next. If my goal is to minimize the amount of shooting and do melee as soon as possible, should I invest in Body or Dex? Or maybe both 1:1?
1:2 - body is great but Reflexes gives you lot of offensive buffs. I used a sword a lot in my latest play and it was a blast.

Be also sure to invest in Technical Ability as you will need the offered implants

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
So here I'm with Phantom Liberty just downloaded and little spare time. I've read somewhere that you can either start the DLC right after chracter creation or when you are 2/3 in the game. I finished the game a few months ago, still have the savegame, should I start the DLC from there (is it even possible?) or shall I start a new char and do Phantom Liberty right away ?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I never finished this game though I have 300 hrs in it, the main story is just so inferior to driving around in the night to 80s music and shooting up gangers, takimg screenshots.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
So here I'm with Phantom Liberty just downloaded and little spare time. I've read somewhere that you can either start the DLC right after chracter creation or when you are 2/3 in the game. I finished the game a few months ago, still have the savegame, should I start the DLC from there (is it even possible?) or shall I start a new char and do Phantom Liberty right away ?
I mean, if you finished post 2.0 just go with the DLC, no point restarting.

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
Checked Steam. This thing is still 50 quid :lol:
It has been on -50% sale on some part of almost every month past 1,5 years
https://steamdb.info/app/1091500/
1728836495452.png

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
any recommended mod for skipping all tutorials/cut scenes/braindances and other annoyances? While I want to start at lvl1.
Perhaps something that would remove level scaling that 2.0 brought?

awsker

Novice
any recommended mod for skipping all tutorials/cut scenes/braindances and other annoyances? While I want to start at lvl1.
Perhaps something that would remove level scaling that 2.0 brought?
I would also like this, as well as something that removes all streamer cameos.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Prestigious connoisseurs want to return to the "replace the 156 dps assault gun with the 161 dps assault gun, because oh muh level scaling is so bad an alternative".

Lyre Mors

Arcane
Prestigious connoisseurs want to return to the "replace the 156 dps assault gun with the 161 dps assault gun, because oh muh level scaling is so bad an alternative".
I don't think either option is good. That's why I stopped playing the game around when it first came out and only plan to play it again when I find a mod that makes it somewhat better to play. But yeah, level scaling is always cancer. It's the laziest way you could ever make an open world RPG.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I don't think either option is good. That's why I stopped playing the game around when it first came out and only plan to play it again when I find a mod that makes it somewhat better to play. But yeah, level scaling is always cancer. It's the laziest way you could ever make an open world RPG.
Sure, either you inflate the numbers or you have to design different enemies, using more advanced weapons or even, god forbid, more advanced tactics. I think the CP77 has some examples of that, with more cybernetically upgraded arasaka guards and bots, but gangs are mostly the same. There was some variety to the weapons if you compare Claws with Maelstrom or Animals, because someone from the Claws would usually attack you with a katana, but the player usually has such a large toolbox and so much resources that it becomes irrelevant. Level scaling at least lets you control the difficulty by choosing when to get involved with who. It creates the convention that some gangs are more advanced and dangerous than others. And it's not as prohibitive as it was in Witcher 3.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
its not just that? level scaling is in everything, from skill checks to vendor stock

Wesp5

Arcane
I never even noticed the added level scaling when I played the DLC, what annoys me the most are the stupid looter shooter coloured tiers of weapons and upgrades in the first place!

AwesomeButton

Patron
Here is what I wrote one year ago, I had to go back to check, because I've forgotten the details by now:

I'm lvl 25 now, and I have some overall impressions of the new patch.

Builds & Difficulty. First, this time around you have things possible with one build which you don't have with another.

It's on Hard and Very Hard difficulty where your build choices start to matter and spreading out too much can make you relatively weak.

I'm playing a guns build, perks specializing in assault rifles, but using all kinds of power weapons. So for guns builds I think Hard is the difficulty for smoother gameplay and less often reloading of savegames. I plan to make another playthrough with a (female) netrunner/pistol ninja, and that's the build where I think Very Hard would be more appropriate, because you would get into intense gunfights with multiple enemies less often. So it would make sense to have individual enemies hit harder and have more longevity. But I find Very Hard too punishing for an assault guy, even with grenades and Sandevistan, if you get hit twice, and are caught without healing items, you are likely dead. Or maybe I'm not that good yet? But how do you get "good" - lots of save/load cycles obviously. I'm not interested in overcoming that learning curve..

As I've seen others point out, perk trees differ significantly in their utility. I've spent about 5 points in dash but I barely find myself using it. The very fact that you have to use a dedicated button for this action makes using this skill tougher than others.

Level scaling and balance. All the drama here over it was heavily overblown. Much as I imagined, blanket changes to enemy levels can't expunge the built-in difficulty grading of zones and enemies. Even with 2.0's "level scaling" Maelstromers of Northside felt a lot easier to kill than Animals in Pacifica. I did one gig for Mr. Hands in Pacifica - the one where you have to descend down a construction site's foundation into an Animals' hideout and steal a van from there. I had numerous skull enemies present and it was waay harder than the HeavenMed Clinic ("Rite of passage") or the other one where you have to save the doctor.

Also, at some point I noticed I've seemingly stopped encountering skull Maelstromers. This leads me to thinking the zones still have a level ceiling, and I'm overleveled for Northside at lvl ~22. With the added uncertainty about enemies' strength because you no longer see the levels anywhere on the UI, the "level scaling" of 2.0 is actually an improvement.

Regardless of the loot clutter being cleaned in 2.0, if you go on to methodically clean out areas of NCPD work/Gigs/Secondary quests, you still end up with way more money than you know what to do with. I guess this is where the money sinks of apartments, cars, and in 2.0, clothes come into play. I think some more balancing work is needed here - reduce the eddie rewards to make the player put some work. With Northside cleaned out I have around 240 000 eddies, not having bought any cars, apartments or guns. I once spent about 20 000 on cyberware but that was my only spending spree.

Having so much money trivializes the cyberware system, so you can have "one of everything" and swap cyberware according to the mission or personal preference. This may add some nice flexibility, but also break immersion.

Crafting. The cyberware progression aspect would have been ruined if it wasn't for the crafting system rework. The decision that the player has to spend the same resource on upgrading cyberware and upgrading weapons was very good. I find myself wanting to do NCPD work and gigs in order to farm more crafting materials. Finally some use of the NCPD missions!

Prospective work for modding. On the negative side, clothes being completely gutted as a system is bad, and I only hope mods fix this, as they had it fixed in version 1.63. All the car customizations will likely be back soon as well, as mods get updated for 2.0. Reduction of the rate of XP and money gain can balance out these economies so that the game resembles an RPG more. More pronounced differences in gangoons' weak/strong sides could also be good, though I'm mostly happy with them even now. Apart from whole systems, like faction reputations, being added through scripting those are the fields where I can see mods improving gameplay.

As for QoL mods like controls, UI, car handling, flashlights, custom radio, etc., etc., those more minor mods are always nice to have and will soon be available again.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I never even noticed the added level scaling when I played the DLC, what annoys me the most are the stupid looter shooter coloured tiers of weapons and upgrades in the first place!
i actually like new upgrades. Problem is that you cant upgrade your weapon if you are missing crafting ingredients. And you cant obtain them until your level is high enough to get them from enemies. Or to find in vendor stock.
As far as cyberware goes you might wonder if its better to upgrade or wait until you hit next level bracket and simply buy upgraded from shop. Similar for iconic weapons sold in shops

Wesp5

Arcane
i actually like new upgrades. Problem is that you cant upgrade your weapon if you are missing crafting ingredients.
I never used crafting to upgrade weapons, just the upgrades you can find. Also a mod in which you can remove them from any weapon without needing to break it down :)! I mean the icons actually show sockets on the upgrades, why would they be one time use only? But I really hate the whole "iconic" whatever bullshit when sooner or later you will find a lower tier weapon that is even better. Give me one weapon of each kind and let me do my own iconic version with the upgrades!

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
played a bit with katanas. If you were to reskin the game you would get jedi star wars!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom