Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
the new minimap is a small but welcome change and i don't doubt it was more difficult to to make than it looks. not sure though if they are serious with the teasing of the other two changes or if they are just joking/making fun of themselves or the game itself

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
The dev stream tomorrow is doing a full patch list, first DLCs will come with 1.3 if I've understood what they've said on the video for that correctly, and 'something more'. I think they are making fun of themselves there, mentioning refunds as an in-world thing for instance, but it does jar a little that it's release day problems they're showcasing. There's an element of taking the piss out of the players when a top complaint to be addressed is that you ended up with the wrong imaginary person to chat to cos the two name choices were ambiguous. That said, next gen release/relaunch is going to be their big target, isn't it?

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity
The dev stream tomorrow is doing a full patch list, first DLCs will come with 1.3 if I've understood what they've said on the video for that correctly, and 'something more'. I think they are making fun of themselves there, mentioning refunds as an in-world thing for instance, but it does jar a little that it's release day problems they're showcasing. There's an element of taking the piss out of the players when a top complaint to be addressed is that you ended up with the wrong imaginary person to chat to cos the two name choices were ambiguous. That said, next gen release/relaunch is going to be their big target, isn't it?

I believe so but if they were were smart they would just not release anything for 2 years and then release an mega updated CP with the multiplayer that they are still planning to have a big explosion of CP is back and all that marketing

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
I believe so but if they were were smart they would just not release anything for 2 years and then release an mega updated CP with the multiplayer that they are still planning to have a big explosion of CP is back and all that marketing

Yeah, would make sense if they are still pushing for multiplayer within that sort time frame for Cyberpunk. Although three years after release, is anyone going to care that much? From what they were hinting about multiplayer it sounded like that had been punted a long long way into very long grass.

This new trend clearly impacted the market as demand for the once-popular Tabula e-Rasa shards plummeted in favor of hiring personal coaches. Investors are withdrawing funding to seek other investing opportunities while the shard creators are considering legal action against personal coaches.
lol, players using trainers instead of buying the expensive respec item.

“Our dollhouse uses a highly advanced algorithm that perfectly matches our clients’ expectations to our wide selection of dolls. Clouds always knows. Your deepest desire — we find it. We’re currently testing an update that will allow customers to make a more informed decision during the final stage of the Matching Procedure when they select one of the compatible dolls.” — Cheri Nowlin, Receptionist
Players picking the wrong doll by mistake because the guy is called "Angel" or something like that and the options are not in the order they were presented earlier in the dialogue. Sorry bro, u gay now.

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
So after two months of radio silence, the changes they proudly show us are
  • A slighly bigger minimap during driving (good but an hour work, tops)
  • A longer popup at Clouds that makes it clear that Angel is the dude (which shows that the Codex is not the only site with users too stupid to pick a virtual whore)
  • And a skill reset which was already implemented as part of the Tabula Rasa shard
Amazing. If this doesn't exite the player base for the patch, I don't know what would.

Last edited:

Hellion

Arcane
They're supposed to reveal more information on incoming DLC in a stream today, so maybe something remotely interesting will be revealed. The "patch notes" by themselves are pathetic.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
They're supposed to reveal more information on incoming DLC in a stream today, so maybe something remotely interesting will be revealed. The "patch notes" by themselves are pathetic.

when one of the highlights of the patch everyone has been waiting for 4 months is a pop-up screen showing 10 seconds longer in one of the quests, you know things are looking bad. people on the official subreddit still expect a no man's sky comeback to happen any day now though so the cope still continues.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
when one of the highlights of the patch everyone has been waiting for 4 months is a pop-up screen showing 10 seconds longer in one of the quests, you know things are looking bad. people on the official subreddit still expect a no man's sky comeback to happen any day now though so the cope still continues.
No mans sky return :lol: What those tards are smoking even enhanced editions for buggy as hell Witcher 1 and unifinished Witcher 2 barely added anything they were mostly bug fixes and a 3-4 quests they never reworked or added any system and they sure as hell wont do this for cyberbug :lol:. The free dlc they are supposed to show today will be indicator of what to expect from them if its only some gigs added then DEAD GAME :salute::salute::salute:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Welcome to another special report by N54 News, bringing the latest from Night City to every Night Citizen stranded away from home! Our on-the-ground reporters have the inside scoop on some of the changes happening in Night City. Though they’re not the biggest ones and there’ll be more to come (as soon as more documents get declassified), we’re excited to give you a sneak peek at what’s coming.

I’m your host, Gillean Jordan, and here’s what’s new in Night City:

“Kind regards, fixers of Night City”

Earlier this morning Thorton Ltd. announced an update to their GPS navigation technology. Other manufacturers, including the high-end Rayfield, affordable Makigai, motorcycle company Yaiba, and more, soon followed suit.

All these companies working in perfect synchronization is unheard of, so we decided to do some digging. Our sources revealed the real reason for the GPS update — at the start of the year every company selling vehicles in North California received an open letter signed by all the biggest fixers of Night City, including The Afterlife’s Rogue Amendiares, Heywood’s Sebastian “Padre” Ibarra, and Pacifica’s mysterious Mr. Hands.

Unfortunately, our reporters were “kindly” asked to leave The Afterlife before they could interview Ms. Amendiares, but we did managed to obtain a comment from another local fixer:

So you know, I hire mercs to do other people’s dirty work, right? Lotta these gigs are very time-sensitive. You’re late, you don’t get paid. And lately we’ve had a lot of… well, let’s call ‘em “refunds.” Mercs crash into buildings and die before finishing the job, or get lost in Night City, miss a turn and end up in Badlands instead of Corpo Plaza. It’s a freaking nightmare and it’s bad for biz!” — Muamar "El Capitán" Reyes from Santo Domingo.

The fixers blame faulty navigation systems for compromising their operations, and therefore decided to issue an open letter to vehicle manufacturers. The question remains — why did the companies agree?

At first we didn’t want to give into these criminals' demands, but that changed after an internal audit. It confirmed that our own shipments suffer from the same issues, often arriving late or becoming lost entirely. In the end we decided it was in our best interest to provide the navigation update they were asking for.” — anonymous senior Quadra employee.

Is it a change for the better? Let’s see what our expert in the studio has to add:

With the new minimap system software update you are able to see more and navigate better.

Drive fast, drive safe.” — Andrzej, Programmer, CD PROJEKT RED

No more clouded judgement in Clouds

After the recent storm in the establishment and changes in management, Clouds announced improvements in the Matching Procedure. Our correspondent, Bes Isis, decided to find out why.

Thank you, Gillean! Although the owners claim that the situation was never beyond their control, it’s clear that Clouds has undergone a major crisis after an incident involving one of their dolls. Clouds’ management avoids the topic and refuses to provide any details:

There was a minor incident involving a former employee, but I can assure you that it doesn’t affect our services in any way. You can still expect unforgettable experiences and premium treatment.” — Anjelica Milioti, Senior VIP Services Representative

However, it seems that the incident may have forced the introduction of additional precautions ensuring customer satisfaction. I’m currently at the reception, where clients get analysed by Clouds’ algorithm. How exactly does it work and what changes are planned?

Our dollhouse uses a highly advanced algorithm that perfectly matches our clients’ expectations to our wide selection of dolls. Clouds always knows. Your deepest desire — we find it. We’re currently testing an update that will allow customers to make a more informed decision during the final stage of the Matching Procedure when they select one of the compatible dolls.” — Cheri Nowlin, Receptionist

As you can see, Clouds is adapting their supposedly infallible procedure. Perhaps Clouds doesn’t always know? This was Bes Isis, reporting live from Westbrook — and now back to our expert in the studio:

"It was one of my first tasks when I moved to this project and I was digging into code for a long time because I wanted to understand our UI videos system, and at the end I realised that the problem is in video setup. Value for video time was shorter than the video sequence. This way, players will better understand the decision they are making in this story sequence." — Natalia, UI Programmer, CD PROJEKT RED

“Swiss army” mercs

It’s obvious that Night City changes every body, but judging by the record numbers of personal coaches registering their offices citywide, it would seem that mental adjustments are becoming just as popular as new implants.

As usual, mercs are pioneers in terms of honing and modifying their skillsets. In pursuit of versatility, they are willing to spend a small fortune to ensure they have everything they need to deal with the gig at hand.

This new trend clearly impacted the market as demand for the once-popular Tabula e-Rasa shards plummeted in favor of hiring personal coaches. Investors are withdrawing funding to seek other investing opportunities while the shard creators are considering legal action against personal coaches.

Ripperdocs seem largely unaffected by the news. Even though this market shift negatively affects their bottom line, they claim that they never considered this an important part of their revenue and personal coaching will not make cyberware obsolete in the long run.

“I’ve been dealing with mercs for a long time now. They’re perfect customers who always know what they want and never complain about the price. I’m actually happy to see this trend of taking care of one's own body. As you can see, I’m not a cyberware user myself and I always make a point to remind my clients that as much as implants are useful time- and lifesavers, personal development is much more important.” — Robert “Dr. Chrome” Rainwater, Ripperdoc.

Even though personal coaching cannot alter a person completely and mercenaries still have to carefully plan the development of their attributes, Fixers are delighted to see that hiring people with appropriate perks is now easier than ever. Here’s what one of our experts thinks about the situation:

“For our players, this feature will mean safer experimentation with builds. It is easily accessible and affordable for everyone, so there is no need to hesitate while investing in particular perks.” — Katarína, Gameplay Designer, CD PROJEKT RED

Want to know more?

Just like the last time, a full list of changes is coming soon! However, if you’re anxious to hear what else is new in Night City, join REDstreams with our experts tomorrow on CD PROJEKT RED’s Twitch channel. The stream will be in English and will start at 18:00 CEST on August 17th.

These motherfuckers wrote an entire book just to tell you they fixed the mini-map gps:lol:. The polaks are out of their damn minds, someone please stop them.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
I thought that was cancelled?

Effectively for the moment, Cyberpunk multiplayer was going to be their next major release and they've thought better of doing that, but they are still giving out that they're working on it for some unspecified future point as a potential addition to single player games. Whether that would include this version of Cyberpunk...

Gargaune

Magister
when one of the highlights of the patch everyone has been waiting for 4 months is a pop-up screen showing 10 seconds longer in one of the quests, you know things are looking bad.
I'm concerned that CDPR don't seem to realise how fluffing up small changes with narrative "news reports" is likely to backfire and make them look out of touch. The minimap change is most welcome, it did take a bit of actual code work and gives me some hope that they're listening to feedback, but the other two items they chose to "feature" would barely warrant a bullet point between the pair. There's plenty more they could fix with the game, and it's not all heavy-duty items like traffic and itemisation, you've also got tons of trivial improvements that would generate more buzz than "we fixed the duration of a singular UI overlay" - examples off the top of my head:
- a minimap auto-toggle;
- a cruise control key;
- a walk key;
- a flashlight;
- rebinding fucking F!

Can we expect any such changes in the upcoming patch? CDPR don't seem to get that you can afford to tease one stocking at a time when you're hot, but when you're Cyberpunk 2077 in August 2021, you really wanna hurry and show us the pinball machine.

no man's sky comeback
No such thing. Just shills and saps desperate to convince themselves Murray didn't ride 'em dry over the kitchen table.

Tyrr

Liturgist
I thought that was cancelled?

Effectively for the moment, Cyberpunk multiplayer was going to be their next major release and they've thought better of doing that, but they are still giving out that they're working on it for some unspecified future point as a potential addition to single player games. Whether that would include this version of Cyberpunk...
The Cyberpunk 2077 brand is burned right now. People either hate or laugh at the game. I doubt it will be possible to ever again (re-)create the hype needed to launch a successful MP game.

typical user

Arbiter
>Edit one integer variable responsible for video playback in one quest because most of your target audience has attention span of a goldfish
>Call it a day and make it a highlight in "a major patch" after the last one was released 50 days ago
>People on reddit still defend your game and forbid any criticism
>Be CDPR

Drowed

Arcane
people on the official subreddit still expect a no man's sky comeback to happen any day now though so the cope still continues.

To expect something like No Man's Sky is delusional. Not that No Man's Sky has become an amazing game or anything, but Hello Games' situation is pretty unique when compared to any other studio, especially "AAA" studios like CDPR is now.

The plain and simple truth is that it is not profitable (or at least not as profitable) to invest mountains of money in a ship that has already sunk. You do the bare minimum just to control negative publicity and wait until the press and the internet find the next hate target, which usually doesn't take long. The case of No Man's Sky is unique because what we have is an indie company that has made literally hundreds of millions in profit and owns its own IP. It partnered with Sony for the launch, but it's an independent studio. This means that Murray could decide to burn all the money he profited over the next few years regardless of whether that was an economically favourable decision for the company or not. It's the kind of decision you're only free to make when you don't have to please your shareholders at the end of the semester.

If something vaguely similar happens to Cyberpunk 2077, it would be a miracle. In fact, I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if in a few months they even cancelled the proposed expansions, or just turned future patches into "expansions" that would be expansions in name only. Especially if they already have some announcement about Witcher to make soon after to divert attention.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
Just noting the changes as they say them on the stream, according to the dev staff on it this strean is their attempt to be more open with communication after silence as they've worked. The quest designer is claiming that the main issue for fixes they've run up against is the game has had issues with memory management and streaming which has hugely limited them (hint: consoles in particular). 1.3 is, according to him, the first point where they have some flexibility. They seem to be saying that there's further work to be done which is already in process of being done for patches further into the future:

Patch is still mostly stability and bug fixes but they believe they're now at the point they can add QoL and 'fun' things.
A set of small DLC will be included with patch and accessed on main menu as 'additional content'.

Crafting can now be done in bulk rather than have to click for each individual item made.
(Already announced) reset for perks on the character menu.
(Some?) perks have been fixed to work correctly.
Pet cat does more within the apartment.
V's expressions now change more obviously in the mirror.
More vending machines work (eg they're showing being able to buy the budget guns from a vending machine now.)
Quests now have relevant codex items linked besides them for the hard of understanding and/or memory.

DLC: couple of jackets from Viktor.
DLC: alternative appearance for Johnny Silverhand
DLC: One quest has an additional reward for choosing an alternative route. (New car for not helping Panam do one quest.)

Bored of listing stuff now. But it's not weakening my impression they should never have released on the old gen consoles to start with.

edit: heh patch notes released at end of stream: https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/39092/patch-1-3-list-of-changes

Last edited:

DeepOcean

Arcane
Dunno about real DLC at this point, it is already August 2021 and the hype of the game died and besides, I really doubt they can fix critical systems like the police and car ai as those would require extensive reworking on core systems, only a fraction of people buy DLCs and even less after so long, Blood and Wine was released by this point. Seems like they will move on to Witcha 4 because it doesnt make sense to release DLC for a game almost two years after its release.

Last edited:

EnigmA

Literate
Loving the new DLC they are adding to the game.

Wake the fuck up samurai!

D0dimsP.png

(I truly am an artist)

DeepOcean

Arcane
That was a lot of pomp and circumstance over fucking nothing. There's a fan-made "mega mod" that rebalances and fixes a lot of stuff that is far more impressive than this coming out on the 20th.
https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/39092/patch-1-3-list-of-changes
Seems like if anyone is still interested on playing this, the better option is to wait for CDPR to abandon it and stop releasing patches that break mods because the mods released are already fixing a lot more issues than CDPR is doing, only problem is the patches constantly breaking them. It is obvious they are focusing on this next gen update to harvest more sales before moving on so by that point, the patch cycle is done and the mods are more advanced.

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
Dunno about DLC at this point, it is already August 2021 and the hype of the game died and besides, I really doubt they can fix critical systems like the police and car ai as those would require extensive reworking on core systems, only a fraction of people buy DLCs and even less after so long, Blood and Wine was released by this point. Seems like they will move on to Witcha 4 because it doesnt make sense to release DLC for a game almost two years after its release.

For what it's worth, the quest and level designers on the stream did confirm they were working on the expansion at the moment so it's obviously still being planned. Next gen release pre-Christmas with first paid for DLC perhaps?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom